large picture - keep page number in portrait, even though pic land

I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I
create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode.  (I
additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left margin
being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.)

The problem is that the page number in the header comes out
landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to the
editor.  Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows up
as portrait using this method?  I need to keep the page number as a page
number so it's automatically paginated.

The alternative is to rotate the picture and keep portrait mode, but then
the caption needs to be rotated, which I cannot figure out how to do.  Let
alone figure out how to rotate the caption and have the "list of Figures"
recognize it.

Kurt

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"petersk" <petersk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I
> create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode.  (I
> additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left
> margin
> being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.)
>

> The problem is that the page number in the header comes out
> landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to
> the
> editor.  Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows
> up
> as portrait using this method?  I need to keep the page number as a page
> number so it's automatically paginated.
>
> The alternative is to rotate the picture and keep portrait mode, but then
> the caption needs to be rotated, which I cannot figure out how to do.  Let
> alone figure out how to rotate the caption and have the "list of Figures"
> recognize it.
>
> Kurt

0
Suzanne

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

will only print 1st page, then 3 blank pages
I created a newsletter in Publisher and it looks and prints fine. When I email it to myself (and others) in Outlook and Gmail, it looks fine. But when I go to print, it will print the first page, then the rest of the pages blank (I get the footer that says "2 of 4" etc). It is doing this with two separate documents - one that is 4 pages, and one that only looks like 1 page, but is getting cut off and split in two. Why is it doing this and how can I stop it??? It's happening on multiple computers with multiple printers and different email programs. It doesn't happen w...

Email large messages
Hi, I have to email large DWG & zip files attached to email messages and have been having trouble with breaking apart large mess. in outlook express. I set maximum file size to 1500KB but they never seem to get reconstituted on the receiving end. If I send a message with a 6MB attachment the receiving end gets 4 file: 1 of 4, 2 of 4.... 4 of 4 and so on and they can not do anything with it. Thanks for any help. Joe This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of thes...

Auto Numbering #5
Can any one help me with this? I am trying to number a cost tabl sequencially from A.1.1, A1.1.2 and so on. Can you do this in Excel And can you make to where if you insert a row in between the rows tha are already numbered that it changes everything automatically? Pleas Help!! -- jharkin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jharkins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39099 Using Excel 2000, I entered A.1.1 in a cell. Then I used my mouse a...

how do I connect cells on two pages?
How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second page? The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, but shows a number zero on the second page. I do not want it to do that. Any suggestions? -- marketing123 Excel isn't very elegant about referencing blank cells. Try something like this: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2003, WinXP "marketing123" wrote: > How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second page? > The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, ...

Fill in form add picture
I have a Word doc that is a protected, fillable form. I want to add a field where people who edit the file can insert a picture/logo -when the file is protected. How do I do that? Thanks, Caroline See http://jay-freedman.info/form_picture.zip. It's a complicated scheme -- if you have trouble applying it to your form, contact me by email. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Caroline wrote: > I have a Word doc that is a protected,...

Numbers won't display in report
Access 2000 on XP Home w/all current updates, Office 2K also installedWhen I run a report on either a table or query, my fields which onlycontain numbers will not display. Fields containing text displaycorrectly.I've changed the field format(s) back and forth between text andnumber with no change in output.If I add a text character to the field containing a number, (example: A305) only the "A" shows.Even the page numbers and date on the report page do not display.If I output the report to Word or Excel, all the data, includingnumbers are visible.I have uninstalled and re-installe...

What happened to original msn money page
Is this something new or can I possibly have beed infected?? franktee wrote: > Is this something new or can I possibly have beed infected?? Did WHAT happen? WHAT is it that is something new? At WHICH web page? You didn't even bother to give a URL. You thought we could see at what you are pointing? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't well explain your situ...

How large is a chart?
I am just asking out of curiosity. How large, in kilobytes, is a chart; say, a 1000-point x-y scatter? I had a large file whose size was halved when the charts were deleted (actually, they were lost, along with formats and scenarios, when the file got corrupted; see "story" below). In my non-expert view, it should not be so large, because the only information unique to the chart is its position, size, format, and similar details. The actual data itself is contained in the data-range cells, so should not have to be repeated in the chart itself. Not only the formulas but th...

IHTMLDocument + Block Pictures
Hello Everyone My aim is to block all pictures from IHTMLDocument. I get a IHTMLDocument on OnDocumentComplete Event,When I have a IHTMLDocument, I want to block or remove all images (img)from it and save the document to a file, Can anyone help me to achieve this functionality ? Any help appreciated! ...

custom function to convert numbers stored as text
Hi everyone, I know you can convert text to numbers with the whole paste multiply by 1 thing but I was wondering if anyone had seen code (or would know what code to use) to convert numbers stored as text to numbers using a custom built VBA function? Any help greatly appreciated! Josh Not sure what you mean, but here is a function that will convert a string value digit to an integer value. Function MakeNum(rng As Range) MakeNum = CInt(rng) End Function To use it, assume a string value of "123456" in cell b5: In an empty cell put formula =MakeNum(b5) >...

Large fonts
How can I get fonts larger than 72? Hi swirem70, In the point-size box, you can type any point size, from 1 to 1638, in 0.5pt increments. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "swirem70" <swirem70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BEC0E88-CFF7-454F-B714-15D6538BBF02@microsoft.com... > How can I get fonts larger than 72? ....and press Enter. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%236N...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

Speed issues with large volume of serial numbers
Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know isn't perfect), but it seems to take 15 or 20 minutes to assign. And 3rd party add-ons? hi Msauce What kind of Hardware are running this on? It sounds like the SQL server is having an issue and not he client. -- Fliehigh "MSauce" wrote: > Has anyone had issues auto assigning/posting a receipt with 100,000+ serial > numbers in Dynamics GP? We were testing with the GP10 4/08 VPC (which I know > isn't p...

Picture into a header
Can anyone tell me how to get a small picture into the page header please? Thanks DAT Hi Page header as in printing ? I think you have to convert the picture into a font. But I am not using the very latest Excel version, maybe this changed recently. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "DAT" <email4david@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:z0BCb.16$hv1.87081@newsfep2-gui.server.ntli.net... > Can anyone tell me how to get a small picture into the page header please? > > Thanks > DAT > > Excel 2003 can do that, I believe it was...

Get Week number from Date
Hello All, for my job I need to get week number from date (date format doesn� matter). I know, that in excel (beggining 2003 edition) is simpl function WEEKNUM. But unfortunetelly in our firm is used 2000 version I�ve worked on solution for really long time (compare with anothe issues i�ve been solving) and only one solution I�ve created is thi formula: =ROUND(((C1-DATE(YEAR(C1),1,1)+WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(C1),1,1),2)-1)/7),0) it works (let�s try ;) ) but, it has problems with right counting Maybe if you check, then enter date 6/18/06 which is week 24 but m formula counts 25. Does anybody know...

Outlook 2003
When we type in an address in the address lines, outlook pulls up multiple "addresses" foreach contact, their email adrdress and their fax number. Why is this happening and how can we prevent it? Is there an option that I have missed? Thanks!! Todd The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recog...

How can i add new Tab to the fieldprops.aspx page for an entity
Hi , I have a requirement where i have add new tab to do addditional functionality the the field property. Can any one help on this . Regards, Chittu Hi, Remember that 8 is the maximum tab limit. Settings -> Customization -> Customize entity -> Account -> forms and Views -> Account Form -> Add Tab -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "chitrarasan" wrote: > Hi , > I have a requirement where i...

Page formatting?
I am having a problem with my Word application. When I get to the bottom of my first page the word just begin to disappear and not "wrap" to the next page. I cannot even force type onto a second page. When I do a multiple page view the information is there but I cannot see it when I am looking at a "page width" type view. I think it may have something to do with my "normal" template, but I am not sure. Please help! Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if one column is already selected). Click OK. If this solves ...

large email stuck in Outbox
I have an email with a large attachmment stuck in my Outbox. After trying to send it I get the error message gtom my email server that the email is too large. The problem is that outlook won't let me delete the email. I get either no message when trying to delete or Outlook tells me that it is already being send and I cannot delte while sending. Is there any way to get rid of this email? Hi, Log off from outlook. Kill Mapisp32.exe Then remove the network cable. Connect to outlook Work Offline Now u can delete the file from Outbox. Rgds, Kishore >-----Original Message----- &g...

Counting Number Records per Unique ID, saving it to another table:
I have a form frmVendors with a subform frmPayments. The main form shows information on vendors, and the subform is a continuous form which lists the checks paid out to each vendor. Users are typically entering new payments into the subform on the main form. The forms are linked to tables: Linked by VendorID (one to many) tblVendor: Key=VendorID, Vendor Name, Vendor Address, Vendor State, Vendor City tblPayments: Key=CheckID, VendorID, PaymentAmount There is a field in tblVendor called NumberChecks to show the total amount of checks paid out to that vendor. There is a text box on th...

NDRs not being generated on Large SIZE emails
This is a follow up question to my SIZE MATTERS! post. When a large email gets sent out (in my case over 3MB), I do not receive an NDR. So the user is left thinking that it went out because he/she never gets notified that it was not delivered. The Application Log has EVENT ID 3004 with a Source being - MSEXCHANGEIMC which states: An NDR could not be sent. This is most likely because the original message had a blank originating address. In most cases this is normal behavior, although it can sometimes indicate a local or remote server configuration problem. If archiving was enabled at...

Picture folder in html files
Hi, If I save a publisher file as a html file, then you get a folder with the related images. How can I change the location of the folder? ...

large database
I have a customer with SQL 2005 workgroup edition. Their database is now growing about a half gig a month due to doing 3K transactions a day (very busy store) The problem is when an end of month report is generated the registers freeze for the 5 minutes it takes to generate the report. Americans don't want to wait that long to get thier bottled water or candy bar. The server for the store was upgraded to Server 2006 64-bit but not SQL 2005 64-bit as the 64 bit version of SQL won't run Microsoft RMS Does any one have any ideas to keep the registers from freezong. Dave of Su...

Append page of standard text to each page of a report
I have a report that could be one page or multiple pages. For each report page, I would like to append a full page of standard text (never changes). In other words, after the report prints out it could be run through a (2) page copier and each report page would have the same full page of standard text on the back side. Can this be done? On Thu, 20 May 2010 13:09:02 -0500, "JimP" <jpockmire@att.net> wrote: Yes. In the report footer you probably already have some controls. Below that, place a PageBreak control. Put your text below that. -Tom. Microsoft...