Labels Vendors

I want to change the default Label Vendor to Avery U S Letter.  How do I do
that?  I've never used a Microsoft label or any of the others.  I just use
Avery.  Why do I have to keep changing to Avery U S Letter????

My experience is that the vendor of the last used label is the one that
appears when I click on the Options button in the Labels tab of the
Envelopes and Labels dialog.  At least when I just did that, Avery US Letter
appeared as the selected Vendor in the Label Options dialog because the
label that was active on the Labels tab was an Avery US Letter label.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"dwalls" <dwalls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to change the default Label Vendor to Avery U S Letter.  How do I
> do
> that?  I've never used a Microsoft label or any of the others.  I just use
> Avery.  Why do I have to keep changing to Avery U S Letter????

0
Doug
5/6/2010 9:57:06 PM
Indeed, and I posted the exact same thing in answer to this same question
(probably from the same user) yesterday.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> My experience is that the vendor of the last used label is the one that
> appears when I click on the Options button in the Labels tab of the
> Envelopes and Labels dialog.  At least when I just did that, Avery US
> Letter appeared as the selected Vendor in the Label Options dialog because
> the label that was active on the Labels tab was an Avery US Letter label.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "dwalls" <dwalls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I want to change the default Label Vendor to Avery U S Letter.  How do I
>> do
>> that?  I've never used a Microsoft label or any of the others.  I just
>> use
>> Avery.  Why do I have to keep changing to Avery U S Letter????

0
Suzanne

Returning Items to Vendor for rework or credit
I have a couple of questions regarding returning items to vendors. We deal with inventory and non-inventory items. In most cases, the receipt of items is posted as well as the vendor invoice. How do I create a return shipping document for the shipping department? Is there a way to adjust inventory on hand? In cases where the wrong item was received, not as ordered but was posted in the receivings batch, how do I re-open this purchase order? Any help is appreciated. Debbie, Have a look at Returns Transaction Entry in Purchasing. I think it will do what you need it to,...

making labels #2
Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from excel to word and then make labels? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052037601033.aspx In article <124ECBC4-C3AF-47E6-A5BE-AC5B7F8E4894@microsoft.com>, "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from > excel to word and then make labels? hi, yes. do a mail merge form word. open word Tools>mail merge> follow mail merge helper. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Is i...

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

X-Axis labels #2
I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have chosen in my worksheet. I have chosen a row with the dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it gives me numbers in increments of two. How do I get the information to show up as January, February, etc.? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the number of ticklabels between categorys to 1. You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text. Cheers Andy Robert wrote: > I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have > chosen in my ...

Special Characters on Labels
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? -- Bill @ UAMS Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol font) and entering the appropriate character. See Character Map in Windows for keys. Nick "BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS> wrote in message news:0D137128-83B0-4C8A-A025-878622F8772C@microsoft.com... > What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent > sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? > > -- > Bill @ UAMS Hi Bill, More specifically, I think...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Labeling
When using the label templates in publisher, I want to make labels with a certain number on them. (I.E. i want the first label to have a 1 the second label to have a 2, etc.) When i look at the labels in print preview i see that the number that i entered is on every label. i just want that number on one label and different number on teh next and so forth. Is there a way I can make every label on a page number specific or do they all have to be the same when printing. thanks for the help Go here for help with numbering labels using a merge dialogue. http://www.publishermvps.com/gen...

Printing column label on every page.
I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top. I want to print this row label on every page. However I can't seem to do that because on the instruction option is grayed out. Here is the instruction. The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to do it. 1.. Click the worksheet. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab. a.. 1.. Do one of the following: 2.. Print row and column headings 3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print. 4.. Print row and column labels on ...

Chart Axis Labels are cutting short in 2002
The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only if I add an underscore in the titles will the last letter appear, but also will half the underscore. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:33:38 -0700, Jason <castellanij@mbusa.com> wrote:= > The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the > last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, > and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only > if I add an underscore in the titles will the...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

How do I align, data labels and leaders on a pie Chart in Excel
When you have many data values displayed in a Pie Chart, how can you align the leaders and text neatly, instead of doing it manually, one ny one? ...

Row labels displayed as column labels
In Excel 2007, how can a pivot table with fields in Row Labels appear as Column Labels with associated data also in columns? Please let me know if this is possible, as I have seen a pivot table with this type of display. Thank you for your assistance. -- I Teach ...

Label
How can I write in VBE a code which will allow me to print (for example) 4 labels for item 950, 3 labels for 567 and so on?Is it a circle necessary? List for items changing quite frequently and is stored in 1st sheet, 2nd is a pattern of a label. ...

MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the e
MSPOS: When I print a label with a barcode, the barcode uses the entire field length Course then the bar code reader can't scan it. It appears that the program is attempting to always use the entire width of the field instead of printing within the field size like RMS does. 5 numbers in ILC, any barcode type, barcode label field size 1.5" wide, always prints the barcode 1.5" wide Use a Dymo 330 Turbo printer, Windows driver using the same label format/info and field sizes that works fine in RMS and all other programs Sure glad I'm not selling this!! 4 bugs/_feat...

How to print name badge labels
How do I print different Avery 5384 name badge labels on same sheet? I created a document and put one name badge and when I try to print it, I get a full sheet of the same name, with no way of entering different badge labels. The Avery 5384 sheet is set up for 6 labels on each page. Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Pecos Bill" <Pecos Bill@discussions.microsoft...

How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?
I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and EACs/ETCs(Relly big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1% spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can define the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how to fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks. What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn rate. O...

Labels Vendors
I want to change the default Label Vendor to Avery U S Letter. How do I do that? I've never used a Microsoft label or any of the others. I just use Avery. Why do I have to keep changing to Avery U S Letter???? My experience is that the vendor of the last used label is the one that appears when I click on the Options button in the Labels tab of the Envelopes and Labels dialog. At least when I just did that, Avery US Letter appeared as the selected Vendor in the Label Options dialog because the label that was active on the Labels tab was an Avery US Letter label. -- H...

Zebra Label Printer is skiping label after each label.
I am using Zebra LP 2824 Label printer. I modied on of the Avery 5160 Label and using it with this printer. Every thing is working fine with this printer, but it skip label after each label. Label 1: Printed Label Label 2: Blank Label 3: Printed Label Label 4: Blank Label 5: Printed Label Label 6: Blank I cahnged all the setting in label, 1 row, 1 colum etc Any suggestion how to fix this problem. Jamal, Perhaps the label format is overlapping onto a second page, check the magins on the label. Regards, Don "Jamal" <Jamal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

I require label template for Publisher 3 x 11 labels per page
I purchased some labels...3 columns of 11 labels each....total 33 labels per A4 page. Publisher doesn't have a template for 33 labels...only 30 labels which is of no use to me. Can anybody steer me in the right direction to obtain the correct template? I can't say whether there is a template available. You could always create one from scratch. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Crazypup" <Crazypup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16897A86-3F84-4D29-B041-66A39D063F6B@microsoft.com... >I purchased some labels...3 columns of 11 labels e...

Label Numbering
I want to consecutively number labels on laser label sheets. The labels are 4 across and 20 down on an 8- 1/2x11 sheet. The numbering will continue on subsequent sheets. Is Excel the best bet to do this? How? Is a different Office product more appropriate? Also - is there a way to set up numbering so I can number the first 8 (or two rows) number XXXXX, the next 8 (or two rows) number XXXXX+1, etc on to Number XXXXX+300? Use Word instead.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Timm" ...

CRM 3.0: Change label in Convert Lead Dialog box
Hi How do I change a text-label in the Convert Lead Dialog Box? I have looked all over in the UI. Please help - thanks... I changed the conv_lead.aspx page in WWWROOT/SFA/LEADS/DIALOG.... On 20 Apr., 13:34, Thomas <tdem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > How do I change a text-label in the Convert Lead Dialog Box? I have > looked all over in the UI. > > Please help - thanks... ...

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

New page labels and templates
I am having a few problems in Onenote on a tabletPC w/ windows 7 pro x64: 1) I want to have new pages named on the tabs the same as what i ink in the title box. all of my new pages are just coming up "Untitled" 2)my text recognition doesn't seem to be working...is there a setting and is that why nothing is coming up for my page titles when they are inked? 3)Is there any way to have all sub-pages collapse under the main page so that only the main page is visible until expanded? 4) I have seen PowerToys mentioned around. what are they? 5)Is there any way to ha...

6 Up Labels, Each Label with Own Detail Band
In Access 2003, I am new to printing labels - in this case pallet labels. We want to print them 6 up - 2 across the page, 3 top to bottom, probable multiple pages It seems that the label wizard is set up to print each label such that it contains one detail line, like eyou might print labels with one name and address on each one. We would like to print each label with several detail lines, for example: PALLET # 1 PALLET # 2 Part # 12345 5 pcs Part # 12345 20 pcs 54321 1 pc PALLET # 3 PALLET # 4 Par...