Is there policy setting to prevent saving file without extension?

I previously posted related question in Office Developer Add-in group...
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins&mid=869e5007-3e31-46be-9d2a-f24ed5a324c8
....but I did not get any response, so I have reframed a more general
question here.

In one particular environment (Terminal Services session on MS windows
server 2003 standard edition SP2 with Office Professional Plus 2007 SP2),
when I try to save a file (programmatically) withOUT .docx extension, the
file is automatically saved with the extension.  (The file I opened had a
name withOUT an extension.)  I have run this code in many environments
before, including others that seem to be set up like this one, and the file
saved successfully without the extension.  One additional note: when I do
SaveAs, Office always adds the extension, no matter what environment I run in.

Could this be the result of a policy setting?  (Disclaimer - I know almost
nothing about policy settings.) I have looked through the ADM template
spreadsheet but I did not see anything that quite matched this situation.

save as #5
Where is "save as" option in Excel 2007? I have a spreadsheet on USB drive and would like to save it to my hard drive. Mark click on the round logo of the Office in the upper-left corner of the Excel window -- KL [MVP - Microsoft Excel] RU: http://www.mvps.ru/Program/Default.aspx ES: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=es-es EN: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=AB32F8EE-8ED3-4AB9-ADDA-9E6C73C09A36 "Mark" <dxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uRDm2CaXHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Where is ...

Conver 98 file to 2000
Can someone please help urgently. I need to open a 98(or could be 97, sender is not sure) file in pub 2000 but saying it can't open previous version files. Please help! Are you running Norton Antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ee5501c43d31$7ca95320$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone please help urgently. > I need to open a 98(or could be 97, sender is not sure) > file in pub 2000 but saying it can't open previous version > files. > Please help! > i'm no...

Policy editor
Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? "bandi" <mnkwms@charter.net> said this in news item news:#37#MnwiKHA.5248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a policy editor in XP Home edition SP3? If so where? No, there isn't. There is a 4 MByte spreadsheet called "Policy Settings" that lists all policy settings so that you could apply them manually to the registry. It is included with the Small Business Server 2003 Admin Pack. If you cannot find a download location then I'm happy to upload it for you. On Jan 1, 1...

how do i set up email in outlook 2003
Setting up email in outlook. Do I use my msn or aol email addresses? I have tried both and it tells me each time that files are not available offline. Please help. You cannot use Outlook for new MSN mail accts. Use your browser. You should not use it for AOL either. Use AOL's email program. If you insist on using Outlook with AOL, there's a workaround here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010936921033.aspx "GG" wrote: > Setting up email in outlook. Do I use my msn or aol email addresses? I have > tried both and it tells me each time that fil...

Junk email policy?
Hi E2K3 sp2. Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 days? Or other ways to do it? Jordan Sure, just use mailbox manager and configure it for the 'Junk E-mail' folder (via custom folder). Then set it to delete message older then 30 days (ether hard delete or move to deleted items folder). Todd "Jordan" wrote in message news:bpkmu2p9p08lsbbmi7enpu138gfga58h28@4ax.com... > Hi > E2K3 sp2. > Is it possible to make a policy to delete junk email older than 30 > days? Or other ways to do it? > > Jordan Here is a step-by-step pro...

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

need to change data table without changing chart
I've created a chart and am displaying the data table. the data table show display the total, but not in the chart which already pictures the total. how do i do that? In article <E8B8E59F-76C9-4F90-887C-4DFE4A930A7D@microsoft.com>, LaNita@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I've created a chart and am displaying the data table. the data table show > display the total, but not in the chart which already pictures the total. > how do i do that? > XL has limited capabilities when it comes to the data table. You may be better off simulating the effect. See Cu...

Receipient Policy
Sir, i required document to configure recipient Policy, at present all users given storage limit of 50 MB but i want to increase storage limit to 100 mb for specific users regards Sathish Kumar Hi Sathish, You can't use Recipient Policies to increase storage limits, I would recommend using a tool such as ADModify to do this, rather than individually modifying every user via ADUC. See here for the ADModify tool: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Let us know if you require assistance using this tool Regards -- Ben Hof...

Use MSN mail, need to set up windows mail
If I use MSN mail, how do you set up Windows mail or does anyone know where the link is to what the ingoing and outgoing info is for msn mail Thanks April thatsart@msn.com April See your previous post for answer. No need to post twice -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "April Mccolly" <thatsart@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23fHcDLSnKHA.4628@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I use MSN mail, how do you set up Windows mail or does anyone know where the > ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

ISA FPC.Root and destination sets
Hi everyone, I'm currently using a vbs script found on isatools.org that I've modified for some reasons, in order to import squidguard blacklists to ISA Destination Sets. I'm planning to make a full application to manage these blacklists (add/remove/modify elements). I'm not very comfortable with vbs and I'd rather prefer to work in VC++ (not that I'm a C guru). Does anyone have an example how to access policy elements from an ISA server like Destination Sets in C++ ? I hear elsewhere that it's COM Object and I should start with CoCreateInstance(), but I don'...

Setting column labels to letters
I just noticed that my worksheet column labels (across the top) are numbers instead of letters. Don't think it's always been that way, but I want to change it now and haven't found anything yet in Tools or Help that references it. Would someone please point the way. thanks, Gene Goldenfeld Gene, Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gene Goldenfeld" <genegold@highstream.net>...

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

outlook set up etc
We are thinking of using Outlook (2000) rather than OE because we would like to filter on message headers, but have some questions:- Can I decide where the email cabinet is to be located in Outlook as in OE so that I can get at it? I use E-backup to BU my OE system on a schedule - is there a similar program for Outlook? Can I collect my Hotmail in Outlook and how do I configure it? Can I use Newsgroups in Outlook and how do I do it? Can I share my email system by having the cabinet on my server? Thanks for any help in advance Maggie Tuthill Hi Maggie, To answer your questions...

Attach all files in directory to email?
Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular extension to an email? How could this be done? "PAkerly" <pakerly@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60dc06b6-6c7c-488a-8ac5-edb19784cffe@r14g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular > extension to an email? > > How could this be done? Use the File System Object to pick up the names of all files with the desired extension, then use the script below to generate the mail message. You need to inlcude one .AddAttachment li...

Prevent forwarded messages
Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:54:40 -0700, "Laura" <laura_coogan@sind.com> wrote: >Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? No. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Error on log file growth.
I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The drive cannot find the sector requested.) encountered. SQL 2008 Enterprise 64 bit SP1 Windows 2008 R2 64 bit fully patched. Latest firmware and drivers for HP EVA 6400 San, 4 8GB QLogic HBAs TIA! David Hay On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT), David Hay <david.hay@gmail.com> wrote: > >I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. > >FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The >dri...

Importing CSV file into single column/multiple rows vs. multiple rows/single column
Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with multiple rows. By default, when importing a CSV or TAB txt file, it imorts data across multiple columns in one row but I need it to go into one column and multiple rows. I don't have the option on the import wizard. Thanks, Brian Brian, Open it as usual, then do a copy pastespecial transpose. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1119877803.916313.176730@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I need to know how to import data into a single column with > multiple rows. B...

Set Price Level A, B, C
What is the path to originally setting up price levels A, B and C? I found it once, but haven't been able to find it again. Are you talking about the Inventory Wizard or just setting them manually for each item? SO Manager --> Wizards --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110: Change Item Prices SO Manager --> Database menu --> Items --> Properties --> Pricing tab Rob "360" <360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C8AD8A-71EE-4034-B2E5-D161ADDEEE83@microsoft.com... > What is the path to originally setting up price levels A, B and C? I ...

Mailbox management policy: runs only one of three policies
Hello all, An Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 server in a w2k domain environment. I have a few recipient policies defined (in System Manager -- Recipients -- Recipient Policies), each has its own priority. The Default Policy resides in the bottom of the list and has priority=Lowest. Three of the policies are Mailbox Management ones. The problem is, when the scheduled time comes, only the policy at the top of the list (priority=1) runs, but it runs three consecutive times during the time window. The other two never run, unless I move them up to the top of the list. Why does it behave ...

XML File and Select
What is the best way to find information within an xml file. I'm using it as a Config file for a site. I'm playing with XMLTextReader. Is there a better way? Thanks Glenn Glenn, > What is the best way to find information within an xml file. I'm using it > as a Config file for a site. I'm playing with XMLTextReader. Is there a > better way? You could also load it into an XmlDocument or XPathDocument and use XPath to query it. That would certainly be easier. -- Tomas Restrepo tomasr@mvps.org Glenn Leifheit wrote: > What is the best way to find infor...

How do you set up a Pivot table. Ccan't make it work
I have never done one before. No matter what directions or instructions I read or follow or templates I use, I can make a simple Pivot Table! A simple report of 4 fiscal quarters. I'm about to scream. There are some introductory examples here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm and links to more here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm Pay attention to descriptions of how your data must be arranged. If the data ain't right, the pivot table will be wrong. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...

Policy Listing
Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, along with their respective group policy settings and their values using powershell? Can you provide some pointers which might help develop such a ps script. would it be better if u logon to your PDC and performs export to html ? "Kruz" <Kruz@live.com> wrote in message news:um3kq1E7KHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to generate all the group policy objects in the domain, > along with their respective group policy settings and their values using > powershell? C...

Cannot Open Excel 1.x File
trying to open 1989 floppy disc - message popup is cannot open normal document created in Microsoft Excel for the Macintosh version 1.x Am able to open word documents on same floppy but need the excel spreadsheets any advice is welcome. We're using the macintosh powerbook 3400C with Excel 98 Thanks Hi try savinf the file first to a harddisk. NEVER open an Excel file directly from a floppy disc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nancy Owens wrote: > trying to open 1989 floppy disc - message popup is > > cannot open normal document created in Microsoft Excel for ...

IE toolbar ,How i can reflect the Settings
Hi My IE toolbar is based on the Microsoft sample KKBar. I have draw a lot of buttons on it in which some are simply pushDown buttons and some are dropdowns.Beside this I have Made a Setting button.By which user can Customize the Buttons on toolbar,means S/He can select the buttons and deselect the buttons from a Property page. This information i have placed in Windows registry.When I create the toolbar i Create the toolbar based on the registry data that which button i have to appear and to which Button i have to HIde . I have completely Done it.they appear and disappear properly. But the tr...