Inserting Word Count in a document

Hello,

I know there is a word count tool in Microsoft Word, but is there any way
that number can be inserted in the document anywhere, i.e. the header or the
footer?

Thanks!

Insert the NUMWORDS field where you want the word count. Note that this
field (like most fields) won't update automatically. If you choose to insert
it in the header or footer, you can update it by switching to Print Preview
and then back to your favorite view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MacNut2004" <MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I know there is a word count tool in Microsoft Word, but is there any way
> that number can be inserted in the document anywhere, i.e. the header or
> the
> footer?
>
> Thanks!

0
Stefan
4/5/2010 5:16:29 PM
Insert a NUMWORDS field, either through the Insert Field dialog or by
typing NUMWORDS in the document, selecting it, and pressing Ctrl+F9
followed by F9 to update.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:22:23 -0700, MacNut2004
<MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I know there is a word count tool in Microsoft Word, but is there any way
>that number can be inserted in the document anywhere, i.e. the header or the
>footer?
>
>Thanks!
0
Jay

paste multi format data(CF_TEXT, CF_ENHMETAFILE) to MS Word
Hi Group, I managed to put multi format data into clipboard, ie, CF_TEXT and CF_ENHMETAFILE. When I paste it into notepad.exe, it's text; when I paste it to paint.exe, it's a bitmap, everything seems OK. When I paste it to MS Word, it's always text. But if I copy some text and bitmap inside Word and paste it on Word, there is a drop down box which let me choose the source format or destination format of text only. I want Word can read all my format and choose if paste as TEXT or Bitmap, is that possible? I have a recollection that the order of the items in the clipboard ...

Count down slide number
Is there a way to automatically generate a countdown slide counter as a footer on a presentation? I have been doing it manually to help me within time on a presentation. It sure would be a good feature to include in the program, IMHO. PowerPoint 2007 Terry, I am not sure what you mean by, “count down slide number”. If you mean slide numbers here’s how to do it:- 1. Open a new Presentation. 2. Insert tab / Text group / Header & Footer / Header and Footer window should launch / Slide tab / place a tick (check) in the Slide number field (towards the lower left hand...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

Inserting @sum in a looped cell range copy
I am having difficulties in getting an @sum placed at a specific cell location in a row copy macro. The worksheet sorts a users selections of varying reference numbers and their descriptions. These selections are then group based on the first two digits of their number and copied to another worksheet. Here is a sample out put from one iteration of the loop: A1. B1. C1. D1. E1. Ref Lable --Header Group1-- S <---- Sum required Ref#1 RefLable1 2 2.00 4.00| | Ref#2 RefLable2 2 3.00 6.00|--| Ref#3 Reflable3 3 3.0...

get computer name, desktop and my document
I would like to get computer name, desktop and mydocuments folder using VBA for my applications. Any function available to do this task? Your information is great appreciated, See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm at "The Access Web" for how to get the computer name, and http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0054.htm for how to get the location of special folders such as Desktop and MyDocuments. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "iccsi" <inungh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1f8...

Problems using Word as Editor
Am using Office/Outlook 2000. My OS is Windows XPMCE. This just started where I get this error statement: Can't open this item. Microsoft WordMail could not be started. Try one of the following: Close any open dialog boxes in Word. Make susre Word is installed correctly. Close other programs and try again. If I quit Word from the task box or restart my computer, I can open an email and read it in Word because the computer reloads it. If I try to open another or try to write an email I get the message. I've tried reinstalling Office but the problem still persists. I've never had th...

1500 page Publisher document won't open
I have created a large Publisher document...three times, no less, and can't get the document open after closing it. The message I get says: Publisher can't open this document. What's going on? HELP. I am tired of typing this thing...Ü Considering I've never seen a dialog box that says "Publisher can't open this document", I suspect it says a bit more. What version of Publisher are you using? I also kind of doubt that you've retyped 1500 pages three times. I'd bet you've done something a bit simpler. What did you do to create a documen...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

count values
Hi everibody In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other have 100 other have 500 etc); How can excel say "there are X cells with value 10, Y cells with value 100, Z cells with value 500 etc."? Thanks a lot Look in the help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "neerav" <neerav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F40046DB-74B3-4F06-BC99-0853F0ECFCAB@microsoft.com... > > Hi everibody > In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other ...

Why can't I see pictures when inserted in documents in Publisher?
When I try to insert a picture into a Publisher document, or receive publisher docs with pictures in them, I don't see the pictures on the screen. They are there as the boundary box for the picture is visible, and I can actually save the picture as a file and view the jpeg. I have checked the view - picture - display options and they are set up OK i.e. view detailed image. Also send image back/forward, but still no joy. Can anyone help me here . . . please?? Help and solution here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=P...

auto-insertion of parentheses
wondering if anyone knows of some shortcut by which you can highlight a section of a formula and have a keystroke which places open and close parentheses around that part of the formula. If it doesn't exist and there are any MS monitors out there, great feature to think about. Thanks anyone. Hi AFAIK there's no such keystroke -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "boris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:09ed01c4ab64$9dc1a750$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > wondering if anyone knows of some shortcut by which you > can highlight a...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

Command Button Count reset
Is there a way to reset the command button counter. I just added 1 command button and the number is 6120. I do not have any command buttons in this workbook at all. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis Sorry I did not realize I sent this twice. -- Thank You in Advance Ed Davis "Ed Davis" <ed@danverssoftware.com> wrote in message news:%23NSzHQuMKHA.4580@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to reset the command button counter. > I just added 1 command button and the number is 6120. > I do not have any command buttons in this workbook at all. > > > -- ...

transfer contact info to Word document?
I have Outlook 2003. I have a large list of people in my address book/contact list, and I need to transfer the data on each, ie: e-mail, telephone number, street address etc. from my address book/contact list to a Word document, which I can e-mail. Is there a simple way to accomplish this so I don't have to manually type all the info? - Dan mail merge, using the catalog option if you want to have it all in one doc. Select the contacts and use Tools, Mail merge from outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Page won't show whole document unit you scroll
When I open a Excel 2007 document or Outlook 2007 evrything won't show on the page until I scroll down. I mean in excel it will only show about the first 10 lines or so, then if you move the mouse down then the whole page will show up. I have played with the refresh rate. I am out of ideas on how to fix. I work with the US Army and have about 5 machines that are doing the same thing. ...

Asking a user for information and then inserting a row with that information
Hello, I'm trying to create a VBA Macro where the user presses a button on a spreadsheet which will start a userform. The userform will ask the user for specific data regarding a spreadsheet with the following data: Row Acct Seq Acct-Descr 1 4111 Stuff 2 4112 Stu 3 4112 1 Stuff 4 4112 2 Stuff2 5 4112 3 Stuff3 6 4113 Stuffs 7 4114 Stuffed The Row # is the rows normally displayed in Excel on the very left. I would like to the form to ask what Row # the user would like to insert ABOVE, what # they want in the acct #, what # they want for a se...

Temp files saving in word & alphabetical filing
Hi, sorry if this has already been posted but i'm not sure how to use this! Recently, when saving files in Word, it's also saving a 'ghosted out' temp file. If i delete it, it deletes the original copy as well. Can anyone tell me why this has just started happening and how i stop it please. Also, again recently, in my word folders, my files will not save in alphabetical nor numerical order anymore. However, when my colleagues go into the same folders, they don't have any saved temp files and everything is nicely filed in order. I would really appreciate any he...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

automatically insert table into lots of separate word documents
Hi, i need to insert a table (from ms word or excel) into 250,000 ms word documents. this table needs to be inserted into page 1 of each of the documents. i am using ms wood 2003. Is there any software or quick method to do this ? thanks You could use a modification of the method in the See the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins -...

Dynamics GP Collection Letters in Word
I would recommend that Microsoft add a document date option for the collection letters. Not everybody goes off of the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

Insert key does not work like it works in word.
QUESTION? Does MS Publisher 2003 have the typeover feature like MS Word when it comes to text. When I use Word & hit insert (OVR lights up on bottom) all letters are typed over without having to reformat and realign. I can't do the same in publisher. Is it a missing feature? I have searched, googled the web to no avail. The problem is it moves the text line over and that is not what we need Publisher to do. We would like it to work like it does in Word. Thanks Zuke It isn't a feature of Publisher... Only Word, Excel and Outlook can over type. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://...

Why are characters missing from my document when I print?
I have a word document that does not print correctly. All i's are showing as capital letters, and all zero's are missing. The document print previews correctly, but when it goes to the printer it is wrong. Sounds like a damaged font. Have you tried choosing a different one? Also, you could try reinstalling the printer driver. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Construction secretary" <Construction secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63DEC94E-C56A-4C11-8317-3AF275B134EC@microsoft.com... >I have a word document that doe...

Adding to Word Editor Toolbar
Hi gurus! I have a mail registration addin (allows registration of emails into a 3rd party records management database). I have programmed the addin to add a "Register & Send" button onto the Standard toolbar which appears when using outlook as the email editor. However, when you use Word as the editor, another toolbar appears which has the Send button on it. I would like to place my button "Register & Send" beside it. However I cannot seem to access this toolbar, I have created a function to output the toolbars and their controls to a text file, but cannot see thi...

Count(*) with different period
Hi All, The query I try to make is really difficult for me. I try to don't make it with a personnal function but I'm not sure that is possible. I have a Table with the following data (nb: format date dd/mm/yyyy) Contract Number Start End 00001 01/01/2005 02/05/2008 00002 01/03/2004 21/08/2007 00003 01/03/2003 21/10/2007 00004 07/05/2003 21/11/2007 00005 01/12/2007 21/10/2010 I want to count how many contracts are activ for each month of 2007 So the res...