inserting a word in a sentence

I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
remember how?

Why would you have to retype a paragraph or sentence?
Just put your cursor where you want and type the word.

"Beej" <Beej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
: completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I
don't
: remember how?

0
Tom
5/6/2010 1:59:37 PM
Sounds like you accidentally touched the Insert key (which is easy to
do, since it's usually right next to Backspace and Delete). Press it
again.

There might also be an "OVR" in your status bar (depending on your
version of Word). You could click on that, too.

On May 6, 9:50=A0am, Beej <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
> completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I d=
on't
> remember how?

0
Peter
5/6/2010 2:01:25 PM
Press the INS or Insert key on the keyboard to turn off and turn on TypeOver
mode.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Beej" wrote:

> I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
> completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
> remember how?
Use the Insert key to toggle between insert and overtype modes.

If you are using 2007, click the office button, and select Word
OPtions/Advanced and make sure the option - Use the insert key to control
overtype mode is checked.

Hope this helps
--
Brian McCaffery

"Beej" wrote:

> I know there is a setting or something you turn on or off to not have to
> completely retype a paragraph or sentence when you insert a word, but I don't
> remember how?

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Missing columns when cut to word
I am looking for a way to cut/paste from excel into a word doccumen that does not limit the # of columns that will transfer over. An suggestions ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

How do I unlock my keyboard on Word?
Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Either: it is a trial version that has expired Or the application has not been activated Regards, -- Brian McCaffery "j1234" wrote: > Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: > "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no > idea what's wrong. Help! ...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Insert with a where condition

Get/Replace words in HTML control
Hi all, I have an application that has an HTML control (like the CHtmlEditCtrlBase in VC7, but in VC6) to compose email messages. I want now to add spell checking to it. I have the spell checking engine, I have only to provide the words to it, and I'll get the list with suggestions. My question is how can I retrieve the text from that control without all the HTML tags. The second question is, when I have the replacement for a misspelled word, how can I replace the misspelled word in the HTML control with the correct one? I hope somebody has an easy way to do this :) Thanks, Mihaly ...

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

want to convert number to word (eg) 1 as one
I would like to convert automaticaly the numericals into word format fo example In excel If I type 100.00 ( it should type automatically (one hundre only). Is it available in excel. If anyone knows pls reply to my e-mail wintersc@vsnl.ne -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is not available by default, but this is an often-asked question in this forum. You may want to do a search and see if you find your answer. Otherwise, are you looking for a formula or a VBA macro? If you're looking to put the text in a different cell from the number, then a formula will work. If ...

Insert a blank row

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Word 2008 font menu
I've just installed Office 2008 on my MBP running 10.5.1. Seems to work well, but when I try changing a font via the pulldown menu or in the fonts menu from the main menu bar, it selects a completely different font with no logic whatsoever. Seems like a bug. Any ideas from anyone - welcome. Thanks. I've not seen this one yet:-) First thought is to fully restart the Mac which will cause it to cleanse the font caches. If that doesn't clear it up post back with any any additional specifics you can offer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/24/08 6:08 PM, in article ee8a...

VBA to convert PowerPoint presentation to Word
I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as ...

Microsoft Word Integration
We have a simple requirement: a) Open a Contact b) Klick a button c) Open Word-Template selection d) Create a new Word-Document, based on the selected template e) Fill out the placeholders in the Microsoft Word Document .... User edits the document ... f) Klick a button in Word that checks in and connects the new Document-Item with the current (origin) Contact I haven't yet figured out if and how to do that. Can anyone help? Note: I know you can create a Word document based on a datasource. The problem is that the datasource get lost when I check in those documents. Markus Schmidt (Ge...

Problems importing addresses from Xcel to Word for printing label.
I have created a basic client database in xcel with column 1 being name, coumn 2 begin address, and column 3 being phone number. I want to import the names and address to word to print address labels. I go throught the mail merge process and when I get to the end all the labels on the page just say "Next Record". No info at all from my xcel sheet. See if it helps using these instructions instead http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) &qu...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...