Inserting a paragraph from one word

How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word.  i.e. type in
cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim is.

Thanks

Create an AutoCorrect entry that replaces "cycledim" with whatever text you
want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PawlingJohn" <PawlingJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word.  i.e. type in
> cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim
> is.
>
> Thanks

0
Stefan

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

How do I unlock my keyboard on Word?
Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no idea what's wrong. Help! Either: it is a trial version that has expired Or the application has not been activated Regards, -- Brian McCaffery "j1234" wrote: > Anytime I try to type on Word, a little text appears at the bottom that says: > "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I have no > idea what's wrong. Help! ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Word break in paragraph
Is it possible to stop publisher breaking a word in a paragraph when the word wraps onto a new line. Currently it breaks the word with a dash. Are you asking about hyphenation? Tools, Options, edit tab, clear "automatically hyphenate in new text boxes." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:340077CF-65B7-422F-AF71-D00EF9D16245@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to stop publisher breaking a word in a paragraph when the word > wraps...

How do i get Harvard style referencing in word 2007?
Hi, I am currently writing my Dissertation for my University Degree. I have found the citation feature extreamly usefull as it automaticaly adds the referencing to my work. However, after speaking to my project supervisor, she has informed me that the citation style will not be acceptable as it is not "Harvard" style. I was wondering if there is an update that i can download to enable to have harvard style referencing in my work. I would apreciate any help that you can give. Thank you I suggest you speak again with your supervisor as there is no such thing as ...

Apply Line Numbering to space before Styled Paragraphs
I use the "Line Numbers" dialgue under "Page Setup", "Layout" to apply line numbers to a 2007 Word documet. The document is made up of a styled, multi-level list. I want the line numbers to also be applied to the space before the styled paragraphs. The typical styled paragraph has a 12 pt. space before. I want that space to be line numbered also. How do I accomplish this. There are two instances where the space before is 20 pt. You can't have a line number where there isn't a "line." If you really do have this requirement, the...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with i.
How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number You might want to try this. I used the preview feature. You can use print. There are may be techniques to setup one print call with new page numbers. Option Explicit Public Sub Printsheet() Dim Counter As Integer For Counter = 1 To 5 Call PrintSetup(Counter) ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview Next Counter End Sub Sub PrintSetup(PageNumber As Integer) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "&...

Creating mulitple asset cards from one purchasing invoice -
When creating muliple asset cards from one purchasing invoice, the balance available to create assets randomly disappears. Example: I purchased 4 items on one invoice, each for $2,960. I needed to set each up as a separate asset. I set up the first two assets, no problem, by changing the acquisition cost on the Asset Purchase screen to the cost of the one item. When I went to set up asset #3, I noted that the dollar amount remaining was exactly enough for asset #3, with nothing remaining for asset #4. I set up asset #4 to properly relieve my clearing account, but the automatic li...

Calc Field to list invoices paid by same check on one line of repo
Hi I have a customer who wanted a check dump file to send to their bank. Once the bank receives the file (in txt or tab delimited), they will use the infomration to actually print the checks for the customer. (This is not a positive pay file situation.) I was able to take one of the check forms and modify it to get all the data required by the bank. I am running into a snafu with getting it down to one line per check with multiple invoices listed one one line. It is listing the total check and one line per each invoice paid by the check: Example: Ck 2345 for $800.00 -...

Get/Replace words in HTML control
Hi all, I have an application that has an HTML control (like the CHtmlEditCtrlBase in VC7, but in VC6) to compose email messages. I want now to add spell checking to it. I have the spell checking engine, I have only to provide the words to it, and I'll get the list with suggestions. My question is how can I retrieve the text from that control without all the HTML tags. The second question is, when I have the replacement for a misspelled word, how can I replace the misspelled word in the HTML control with the correct one? I hope somebody has an easy way to do this :) Thanks, Mihaly ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

VBA to convert PowerPoint presentation to Word
I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as ...

Word 2008 font menu
I've just installed Office 2008 on my MBP running 10.5.1. Seems to work well, but when I try changing a font via the pulldown menu or in the fonts menu from the main menu bar, it selects a completely different font with no logic whatsoever. Seems like a bug. Any ideas from anyone - welcome. Thanks. I've not seen this one yet:-) First thought is to fully restart the Mac which will cause it to cleanse the font caches. If that doesn't clear it up post back with any any additional specifics you can offer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/24/08 6:08 PM, in article ee8a...

creating borders for consecutive paragraphs
I'm trying to create a number of consecutive paragraphs, each with its own border. I've set up a new paragraph style with the border (border bottom 3pt). If I type three paragraphs and apply the style to each, only the last paragraph gets the bottom border. How can I get the border to apply to each paragraph? Yeah, that's just a little tricky :-) The 'secret' is that you can't get the option to have individual paragraph borders applied unless you have multiple paragraphs selected when you define/modify the style. Select at least 2 paras the style is app...

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row