Inserting 5 files into one document

Word/Office 2000
Windows XP Pro SP2

I have five documents I want to insert, one by one, into one document.
Each one has, in the bottom footer, its own File Name and Path and page
numbers

I will be saving to Cute PDF Writer.

When the five documents are inserted into the one document, does each one
keep its own identity (its own file path)?

Or do I have to create sections?

And if that's the case, I assume I look for the end of each document and
select a 'Next Page' break.

0
5tulips

When they've become one document, they don't have five different
paths.

But if they differ in any other respect (such as margins, or header/
footer content, or pagination), they need to be separate sections.

Note that if the same style name occurs in more than one of them with
different formatting attributes, your formatting will be messed up
when they're combined.

On Mar 23, 9:05=A0pm, "5tulips" <5tul...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Word/Office 2000
> Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> I have five documents I want to insert, one by one, into one document.
> Each one has, in the bottom footer, its own File Name and Path and page
> numbers
>
> I will be saving to Cute PDF Writer.
>
> When the five documents are inserted into the one document, does each one
> keep its own identity (its own file path)?
>
> Or do I have to create sections?
>
> And if that's the case, I assume I look for the end of each document and
> select a 'Next Page' break.

0
Peter
3/24/2010 2:35:16 AM
Thanks, Peter. That's okay, too.  I'll just copy and paste them all
together, then, and do one simple formatting. Glad I asked..

On Mar 23, 9:05 pm, "5tulips" <5tul...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Word/Office 2000
> Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> I have five documents I want to insert, one by one, into one document.
> Each one has, in the bottom footer, its own File Name and Path and page
> numbers
>
> I will be saving to Cute PDF Writer.
>
> When the five documents are inserted into the one document, does each one
> keep its own identity (its own file path)?
>
> Or do I have to create sections?
>
> And if that's the case, I assume I look for the end of each document and
> select a 'Next Page' break.

0
5tulips
3/24/2010 2:58:04 AM
If you want to reflect the original paths in your combined Word document
then unlink the fields before combining them.
If you want to maintain all the original formatting then you would be better
creating separate PDFs and combining them. I don't know if CutePDF writer
has the ability to combine PDFs, but there are other PDF tools that will do
so.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"5tulips" <5tulips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, Peter. That's okay, too.  I'll just copy and paste them all
> together, then, and do one simple formatting. Glad I asked..
>

> "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
> When they've become one document, they don't have five different
> paths.
>
> But if they differ in any other respect (such as margins, or header/
> footer content, or pagination), they need to be separate sections.
>
> Note that if the same style name occurs in more than one of them with
> different formatting attributes, your formatting will be messed up
> when they're combined.
>
> On Mar 23, 9:05 pm, "5tulips" <5tul...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>> Word/Office 2000
>> Windows XP Pro SP2
>>
>> I have five documents I want to insert, one by one, into one document.
>> Each one has, in the bottom footer, its own File Name and Path and page
>> numbers
>>
>> I will be saving to Cute PDF Writer.
>>
>> When the five documents are inserted into the one document, does each one
>> keep its own identity (its own file path)?
>>
>> Or do I have to create sections?
>>
>> And if that's the case, I assume I look for the end of each document and
>> select a 'Next Page' break.

0
Graham
3/24/2010 7:41:25 AM
I don't have experience about this. so i am finding the solution of this
problem.

If you can do it then tell me how it is possible.

'Hardwood Floors Atlanta' (http://www.conceptflooring.com)
'Carpet Flooring Alpharetta' (http://www.conceptflooring.com)

--
MaryTodd
0

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"MaryTodd" <MaryTodd.5efd74a@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> I don't have experience about this. so i am finding the solution of this
> problem.
>

> If you can do it then tell me how it is possible.
>

> 'Hardwood Floors Atlanta' (http://www.conceptflooring.com)
> 'Carpet Flooring Alpharetta' (http://www.conceptflooring.com)
>

> --
> MaryTodd

0
Graham

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Exporting Documents
How do you export an excel document into word without changing the way it was setup? Go into word and open up your excel document from word. If you don't have the converter installed you may have to install it. Try opening the excel workbook first, if you don't have the converter installed it will tell you. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >How do you export an excel document into word without >changing the way it was setup? >. > ...

Insert trigger

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Read 3 txt input files and create an XL spreadsheet
I have 3 txt files that contain data and i want to generate a single spreadsheet. 1 Text file contains the data as below: USER = GARYG PU SU CL CR CG 2. Text file contains data as : GEN WINDOW_LIST GARYGWL EXCEPTION = N ,INSTALLATION_DATA = NONE =MA , CAN , MULTI , WA , SDR , ETEL ; 3. Text file contains data as: USERCODE "GARYG" DEFAULT_WINDOW = NONE ,WINDOW_LIST = GARYGWL ; The report i am looking should be like this: USER ...

Reducing File Size???
I have the same file performing the exactly the same thing but one is double the other. It appears to me that the more I work with the worksheet the bigger the size of the file. how can I remove this redundant memory space? Cheers Jio, You probably have formatted or otherwise used some rows below or columns to the right of your data. On the bloated workbook, select the sheets individually and press Ctrl + End. If the last row and column is well below where you think it should be, you'll need to delete the empty rows and columns. Check here for an example of how to do this both manua...

Insert with a where condition

rpc over http problem #5
Hi I have a problem in configuring RPC over HTTP on my exchange . As it has a cluster with 2003 SP1and a frontend. but the valid port entry on frontend is taking two entries one of my virtual server and other of the server in our parent domain. Bcoz of what it is giving the error exchange server does not exist if we try to conect externally. Kindly suggest. Gaurav In news:1159437484.298238.212380@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com, gaurav <kadian.gaurav@gmail.com> typed: > Hi > > I have a problem in configuring RPC over HTTP on my exchange . As it > has a cluster with 2003 SP...

Visual Studio 2005 project with files in multiple directories
Hello, I am switching a project from visual studio 6 to 2005. The project has source in multiple directories and I want to include "stdafx.h" on all the files. The source compiles fine in vs6, but in 2005 it cannot find stdafx.h for the files that aren't in the folder containing stdafx.h. The easy solution would be to include "../project/stdafx.h" but the files are shared in multiple projects so I don't want to do this because the project directory is a different name for each. I tried adding the directory with stdafx.h to the include directory but it didn't d...

ActiveSync 4.5 problem, syncing with Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to ActiveSync 4.5 and have noticed a (significant) difference between it and ActiveSync 4.2, that maybe someone knows how to address. I have a different calendar on my Outlook 2003 than the one that I keep on my Treo 700w mobile phone . When I attach my Treo 700w mobile phone and ActiveSync 4.5 pops up if I click on the Tools menu and select Options to uncheck the Calendar I get the following message: "To proceed, ActiveSync must remove all Calendar on your Pocket PC. Do you want to continue?" the choice is 'Yes' or 'No'. The option for...

Max size of OST files
Hi all, I'm making this post on behalf of a friend. They have a single Exchange2000 server. Not sure if it's SBS or Exchange2000 Std. There are approx 20 mailboxes on this server. The users all use Outlook 2003 (SP3) as their mail client and Outlook's account type is Exchange and not POP3 or IMAP. One of the users mailboxes is approx 6Gb in size. What they would like to do is use offline mode to create a .ost file of this persons mailbox for his laptop however the file limit on ost files appears to be 2Gb. We did find a MS k/b article that explained how to create the requi...

Insert

Removing old 5.5 connectors
I have two connectors in Exchange 5.5 (MS Mail and CC:Mail) that I would like to remove before I remove the server from our mail group and convert over to native Exchange 2003. When I attempt to use the Exchange 5.5 setup to remove the connectors it says that my version of Exchange is newer and will not allow me to make the changes. The 5.5 server has had SP4 for exchange loaded which I’m sure is the reason the original setup will not work. What would be the best way to remove these unused connectors? It might be worth call Microsoft on this one. "RP in the Midwest" <R...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

How to send Exchange email from two different accounts, with matching from and reply-to addresses, from one OL (profile)?
The Exchange server I administer hosts email for two separate companies. _One_ user works with both of these companies and needs to be able to send and receive from both domains (companyA.com and companyB.com) _and_ wants to do everything from one Outlook / Exchange 2000 instance. Initially I just gave him email addresses for both domains so all email from both came into the one inbox; and of course the from field his recipients saw and the reply to address was his primary SMTP address. He needs to be able to now specify, per email, which account / company email is coming from. I quickly foun...

spam filtering #5
I use Outlook 2000 client, running IMAP to the server. I would like to create a whitelist of known domains from which I want to accept all emails and EVERYTHING else, I want to mark as potential spam and move to a separate folder. Can someone please guide me as to how to do this. I tried using the exception list but it is not working for me. Thanks. ...

double picture files
How can I find double picture files in MS Office picture database ? ...

Exchange 5.5 priv.edb restore question
Exchange 5.5 SP4 priv.edb reached max size, so had to reclaim free space using eseutil /d Completed fine after 4 attempts, placed into correct directory and restarted services. Everything appeared to be working fine. Come in this morning and Exchange server stopped. Viewing the Event Log I have various Stop errors. Event 5000, Event 1120, Event 0, and the first of these was and Event 1333. Also noticed that there was a file named priv.pat included with the priv.edb and pub.edb files. Desperately seeking any help I can get. Dear Vespidie, after you successfully ran ESEUTIL /d ag...