in word, i want to change subsection 3.2 to 4 and continue

not sure what u call the labelling, but below u can see "3  tools" and then
3.1 and 3.2 etc.  I want to change 3.3 to the higher level label (like 3, but
in this case 4, and update the number going forward).

3	Tools
There are several intelligent matrix switches on the market and there are
many similarities in some of the products available.
Two that will be discussed here are the Gigavue-420 from Gigamon and the
NetOptics Director. (The NetOptics products are also re-branded be Netscout.)
3.1	Gigavue-420 Key Features
•	Hardware based design provides full line rate speeds through matrix switch
with very low latency.

The command you want is "Promote," assuming the numbering is part of an
outline-numbered list.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Bhm123456" <Bhm123456@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> not sure what u call the labelling, but below u can see "3  tools" and
> then
> 3.1 and 3.2 etc.  I want to change 3.3 to the higher level label (like 3,
> but
> in this case 4, and update the number going forward).
>
> ###################################################
> 3 Tools
> There are several intelligent matrix switches on the market and there are
> many similarities in some of the products available.
> Two that will be discussed here are the Gigavue-420 from Gigamon and the
> NetOptics Director. (The NetOptics products are also re-branded be
> Netscout.)
> 3.1 Gigavue-420 Key Features
> • Hardware based design provides full line rate speeds through matrix
> switch
> with very low latency.
> #####################################################

0
Suzanne
1/15/2010 3:54:39 AM
If you have automatic numbering using (for instance) Heading 1 for the
top level and Heading 2 for the second level, just change the style on
the 3.3 paragraph from Heading 2 to Heading 1.

If' you've typed the number each time, you can't change it
automatically.

On Jan 14, 7:28=A0pm, Bhm123456 <Bhm123...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> not sure what u call the labelling, but below u can see "3 =A0tools" and =
then
> 3.1 and 3.2 etc. =A0I want to change 3.3 to the higher level label (like =
3, but
> in this case 4, and update the number going forward).
>
> ###################################################
> 3 =A0 =A0 =A0 Tools
> There are several intelligent matrix switches on the market and there are
> many similarities in some of the products available. =A0
> Two that will be discussed here are the Gigavue-420 from Gigamon and the
> NetOptics Director. (The NetOptics products are also re-branded be Netsco=
ut.)
> 3.1 =A0 =A0 Gigavue-420 Key Features
> =95 =A0 =A0 Hardware based design provides full line rate speeds through =
matrix switch
> with very low latency.
> #####################################################

0
Peter

Changing the Normal template
I have Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 OS. When going through Help to learn how to modify the Normal template, the instructions only tell you what to do for Vista and XP OS. How do you modify and save a new Normal.dot template? -- Judy18 First, since you're using Word 2007, it will be Normal.dotm, not Normal.dot. Second, the instructions for Vista should also work for Windows 7. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Judy18" <Judy18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Activesync with 2 Desktops
Are there any issues or bewares with syncing with 2 desktops? I need to sync with my work and home PC. Thanks. Stan2000 <Stan2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Are there any issues or bewares with syncing with 2 desktops? I need > to sync with my work and home PC. No issues whatsoever. I do it all the time. On the second machine, when you create the partnership, tell it you're syncing with more than one computer. -- Brian Tillman Brian, I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks and all future weeks. How will calendar items ...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Creating rules #3
Does anyone know how I can create a rule that looks for emails that have an attachment with a specific name? You can't. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "dkennamer" <dkennamer@nwmls.com> wrote in message news:13c3301c44435$ae2d3410$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how I can create a rule that looks for > emails that have an attachment with a specific name? Are you up to writing a macro? I think that's the only way to do it...if you create a...

Outlook 2000 archiving #2
I keep on receiving the following error when my own outlook is trying to archive my folders. Error while archiving folder "Tasks" in store "ARCHIVE 2003". File access is denied Thanks in advance. Karen If you are using Outlook 2000 and are trying to archive to a file created with the the Outlook 2003 unicode file format, it will not work. You need to save your archived mail to a 97-2002 compliant ansi format archive. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual acc...

startup just changed
Hi. My copy of Money 99 just started doing something unusual after several years of using it. When it starts, it looks for a disk in drive E (my CD drive). I have to Cancel past this screen. Just an annoyance, but any idea how I can make this stop? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No change. Any tip here would be appreciated.. Thanks. Bruce More.... I should have mentioned that I just upgraded to XP Home about a month ago. Just started this today, however.. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce Bowe wrote: >Hi. >My copy of Money 99 just started doing some...

Cannot Add Users CRM 4.0 RU 2
I cannot add users to CRM 4.0 after Rollup Update 2. CRM can query the AD and imports the user info, but throws an error when I try to save it. I can however make changes to an existing user and save without a problem. Here is the trace: >MSCRM Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Request URL: http://**************...

microsoft visual C++ runtime library error #2
Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following error window which is titled "Microsoft visual C++ runtime library": Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I would appreciate ANY IDEAS on this.... Thanks Can someone please help me out? Even if its a link to where this has been answered previously. i have searched but found nothing.... thank-you antonio >-----Original Message----- >Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following >error w...

If change password of AD Account through which we can login to epm
I have installed epm 2007 in two server in company. and all is going fine . i am using a same AD account in both server . If i will change the password of that account . it will create or raise errors in EPM Servers ? (either in front end or back end server) Hi Sam, The answer is that it probably will. In the Microsoft guidelines they recommend to use an account that doesn't have the password change. However, if you have to use a userid that the password changes then you needto be very careful to make sure that everywhere you used the account in the setup is changed...

APP for dynamic format change TEST
I want to add dynamic format change function to our UVC camera. I got some code in amcap sample program. I called IAMStreamConfig::SetFormat. But it returned VFW_E_WRONG_STATE. Would you know any sample programs in windows SDK, etc for test of dynamic format change ? Thank you for your help, Regards shinji ...

How do I change default font size for inserting text in ppt 07
Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I want to reset the default to somethng like 24pt. How do I do this? PPT2007 Hi Set a text box the way you want it then right click -> set as default text box. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "PAH555" <PAH555@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:501FF5A2-344F-4298-BF8D-1FD903341235@microsoft.com... > Every time I add a text box to a page, it comes in ariel 54pt. HUGE! I > want > to reset the defa...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Where are my saved word?

dates change when I copy and paste
I have a report that has columns for Day of week and a column for th date(10/15/04) but when I copy and paste to another excel worksheet th date changes from ex: 10/15/04 to 10/13/08. Any ideas why this woul happen. It's a pretty lengthy report and I hate to always have t change each date. Help. : -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26965 Hi both workbooks have different date setting (...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Exchange 5.5 #4
Hi, We've got an exchange server running on a dell poweredge 1650 running windows nt server 4. quick questions; When the server was setup, the previous guy didn't get it to use full space on hard drive, so now we are running out of space on the drive where exchange is storing the data. I know that I can increase the space by using disk administrator and extending the volume, is this fairly safe to do, will it corrupt the the drive where the data is on once i have commited the changes,it's never been backed as a tape drive was never installed! which is another thing i ...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Changing subnet mask only.
I am using the below script to change the subnet mask of some computers, and am using the enablestatic method from the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration class, but I only want to change the subnet mask and leave the IP address the same as it is on the server. Does anyone know how I would setup the parameters on the enablestatic method for changing subnet mask only on the computer, or is there another method of doing this. $NICs = Get-WMIObject Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration ` | where{$_.IPEnabled -eq "TRUE"} Foreach($NIC in $NICs) { $NIC.EnableStatic("...... ...