I own a works suite 2006 why can't I put it in 2 different compute

My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb

You probably have to contact Microsoft by phone in order to activate Office on
your new computer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 7:16:19 PM
I realize you were asking about Works rather than Office or Word, but the same
principle applies. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You probably have to contact Microsoft by phone in order to activate Office on
> your new computer.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
>> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
>> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
>> put in on my new computer as well..?
>> thank you for any help that you give.
>> Deb

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 7:40:19 PM
Did it come preinstalled on your old computer?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new
> computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
JoAnn
6/5/2010 8:53:54 PM
If the application was pre-installed and supplied with a PC, then it is
likely that it is an OEM version licensed for use only on that one PC. If
you paid separately and have the disc, there may still be a licensing issue
that is preventing you from installing the Word part of the suite (I think
the Works part may install without the requirement to activate). In the
latter circumstances, you can, as Stephan indicated, activate by telephone
when you can explain to the operator that you are moving it to another PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new
> computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
Graham

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Hyperlinks to DB dont work now that DB is converted
We have converted all our Access 97 databases to Access 2000- not without a lot of issues. Most of them have now been researched and resolved, some re-coded, etc. We have one issue that we cannot resolve. We used to have hyperlinks on our Intra-net to several Access Databases. These were essentially "shortcuts" to the databases so that the general population could have easy access. Now that we did our Access conversion, the hyperlinks on our intranet do not work. Clicking on the link gives an option to open the file from its current location or download it to a local loc...

SMTP logs #2
Does anyone know of an application that can monitor your SMTP logs for you? I need to monitor the SMTP logs in the morning for repeated attempts on the SMTP service. This is very annoying considering theres over a thousand lines of entries. Any suggestions? I even read somewhere you can use a script to monitor it...?? Thanks! Hi How about logging it using ODBC and then you could dump it into Access and do queries against it: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF027.html -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

auto caps don't work
in outlookk 2003, even tho i have set tools, options, spelling to autocorrect the first word of a sentence. it doesn't do it. i have never had this problem before, but now i have a new laptop and can't get this feature to work. -- tom martin Are you using Word as your editor? If so, your settings are there. Otherwise, learn to type. http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?itemID=4713&itemType=CATEGORY&path=1%2C2%2C4713&ysmchn=GGL&ysmcpn=Typing&ysmcrn=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50&ysmtrm=sr2br29go633go202pi10ai50+mavis+beacon&ysmtac=PPC&ovtac=PPC&SR=s...

USING DATES IN FORMULAS #2
I foubd a problem with excel 2003 If you introduce a formula using dates (in spanish version) (dd/mm/yy), excel doesnt makes the calculation........... ???? Can somebody hep me In the USA version (English), I could use: =if(a1=date(2005,10,27),"It's Oct 27, 2005","it's not") to refer to a date. I don't know what the Spanish function is for =date(), though. Carlos Benavides wrote: > > I foubd a problem with excel 2003 > If you introduce a formula using dates (in spanish version) (dd/mm/yy), > excel doesnt makes the calculation........... ????...

how to keep cell rounding to 2 places even when someone else pastes number with more.
At work, i receive spreadsheets of bonuses that can be derived from formula. however, when i copy and paste the info into our file fo payroll, it can only be 2 places, otherwise it kicks out an error. now, i've been here almost a year now and it's been near impossible t get the people who submit the file to make sure they ROUND the numbe to 2 places. i'm wondering if there is something i can do in the cell that when the paste their number in it, it automatically rounds. or if that's not possible, if there's a way for me to highlight column then have it round all t...

Search does not work for one workbook
I have workbook, but search (spotlight) often does not work for it. Drives me crazy. What can this be. I see peoples names in there. Kevs OS 10.6.2 INTEL imac Office 2004 Hi Kevs: It could be the file format the workbook is saved in. What extension does the file-name have? The extension tells the system what kind of data a file contains, which controls which importer Spotlight uses to read the file: if there is no extension you could get strange results. Cheers On 6/01/10 2:47 AM, in article C7689F21.5718F%forums55@verizon.net, "forums55@verizon.net"...

working with temporary working files..
I keep getting the message that I cannot save a temp. working file. This work has been save on a cd and transfered back on to my desk top. Help ...

How does hibernate work
I have a question on the details of how hibernate works. I know it's saving everything in memory to the hiber file. Since power seems to be truly off at hibernation I assumed the flag to tell the PC to resume from the hiber file rather than normal booting must be either saved on disk or flashed to a bit of bios rom space, or maybe in space maintained by the clock battery. But the cure for a laptop that is stuck in a loop of constantly resuming from hibernating is to unplug it and take the battery out for a while so where actually is the flag to signal the system that it's in hi...

Excel lookup #2
I am using the date time picker control in cell a1 on page a in m spreadsheet. In cell b1 on on page 2 i have an if statement to choos cell a1 on page a if the date field is populated otherwise prin "Update Test Number". I can't populate cell b1 on page b with the valu from the date time picker control. Anyone know how to do this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Starting Excel #2
How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets always starts on a specific sheet. Hi put the following type of code into your workbook module ('Thisworkbook'): sub workbook_open() me.worksheets("sheet1").activate end sub "Gerrym" wrote: > How can make sure that a workbook with multiple sheets > always starts on a specific sheet. > ...

Rules not firing automatically in Outlook 2003 #2
I have an "always on" network connection to an Exchange Server and have a few dozen Rules set up in Outlook 2003. All of them either delete messages after they arrive or move them to a local folder after they arrive in my Inbox. If I select Tools/Rules and Alerts/Run Rules Now, select the checkbox for every single rule and click Run Now, everything works fine and all the rules do exactly what I expect. However, none of the rules fire when the messages arrive. I've dug and dug into various menus looking for some option that might control this but I haven't been a...

Graphing work and remaining work over time
I would like to generate a graph showing total actual work and remaining work for a top level task over time (week), This would enable me to show the projected remaining work through the duration of the project as it decreases from N to 0, and show the actual work completed though the duration of the project as it increases from 0 to N. The canned visual reports don't allow me to do this (that I can see anyway). Maybe I'm missing something. I also can't see how to customize a visual report that will do what I want. Using Microsoft Project 2007 (not the Server edit...

OMA Problems #2
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a Front end / back end setup with OWA working fine with and without forms based authentication. I understand there is a problem with SSL/Forms based authentication, so to get OMA working we have disabled this. However we get the following error messages:- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1503 Date: 19/02/2006 Time: 20:15:14 User: N/A Computer: FRONTEND Description: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the ...

Free/Busy Data #2
I have a user that gets an error message about free/busy data every time his mailbox does a send and recieve. "Unable to load personal free/busy data" What is the problem? ...

GP8 Manufacturing
Hello Everybody. Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends). We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only). We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality. We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC, the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar? However, our tests are not showing this to be true - We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC. Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars? Please share your wis...

outlook2003 send button does not work
send button does not work i have tryed a new email acc. and reinstalling with no luck. now i am useing express and then export to outlook ...

Drag and Drop does not work
Hi all. This is funny: When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" to "Backup" I get an error message. When I right click and select "move to folder"- it does work. ANY CLUES? TIA Guy Not a single one. No Outlook version = no clues. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Cohen asked: | Hi all. | | This is funny: | When I try to drag and drop a message from "Inbox" ...

Internet Explorer E-mail links are no longer working in Outlook?
Hi, As soon as I click an e-mail link in Internet Explorer, another Outlook pops up. It used to just open a fresh new e-mail screen with the persons address already in the "TO:" line ? I can't figure out what I did wrong. Thanks, Rich ...

How can I make 100's of different name tags with publisher ?
I have 100's of names to enter for namebadges. 2 problems I ran into. One, the avery label I'm using seems right but it doesn't print correctly on the name badge. Consequently, half of the badges are not printed correctly. Two, I hear that I should be able to make a table of the names and put them into the publisher program. Any ideas? Make sure both your page setup and printer are set for the size paper you're using. Use mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Andrea E" <Andrea E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0544...

SunTrust Auto-Download Not Working after Banking Upgrade
I have been automatically downloading transactions from SunTrust since I installed MS$ 2007 Deluxe last year. I have done this without having to signup (for a fee of 5.95/month) with SunTrust for MS$ support. AFter the MS Banking Upgrade, I had to re-establish my SunTrust account with MS$. But, now I'm told (by MS$) that I don't have a SunTrust on-line account. Any thoughts? Anyone? I have been having issue as well with Suntrust, even if you get it to work you will find that its basically useless now downloading and duplicating pending transactions repeatedly, this is where I am ...

Spell check not working.

single mailbox backup #2
I want to know Is there any way through which I can take single mailbox backup through windows backup. My server is Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. I know about exmerge. please do not tell me about that. Thanks Use ExMerge Ru1 "monu" <sachinjain99@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127368111.717870.256500@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I want to know Is there any way through which I can take single mailbox > backup through windows backup. > My server is Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. I know about > exmerge. please do not tell me about that...

Working with option buttons in Word 2002
So, we are trying to create a form in Word 2002 in which we offer a series of radio or "option" buttons for some of our survey questions. However, we are struggling to make the option buttons work through the "Web Tools" toolbar. We can create the list we want to create, but can't save the file so it can be e-mailed and utilized in the correct capacity. Can someone please walk me through the steps of how to create a form in which there are numerous questions, almost all of which utilize the same clickable "option buttons" to choose either a &q...