I get an error message when opening one of my word documents

When i try to open one of my word documents I get an error message that
states the following:

the file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents

When i click on the option that says details it tells me the following:

The name in the end tag of the element must match the element in the start
tag.

Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line 2, Column 697477

I have tried to open and repair were it simply did nothing (came up with a
blank document).
Thank you for your help!

Some information that I didn't include in the post above:

I am using the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta.
The problem occurred after i copied and pasted one other document into this
document, saved and closed it and the next day when i wanted to continue
working on it it came up with that message

MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error
I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4). When I attempt to run it I get the following message: > > Run-time error '339': > > Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly > registered: a file is missing or invalid > I found this website from google, this specific thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm so I decided to try doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I opened the ...

Message Threading
Hi, Does Microsoft have any documentation on how mail clients other than Outlook are supposed to thread messages that come from Outlook (since they're too stubborn to use In-Reply-To or References headers)? Outlook messages are seriously polluting the mailing lists I belong to by breaking the threading. Thanks. And why would Microsoft bother to document other mail clients behavior? Ask your mail client provider for THEIR documentation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account ...

message queing
Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or uninstall SMTP? -- spd How did you determine this? You can reinstall Exchange using setup.exe /reinstall switch. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822939/en-us -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Sandra" <Sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F61FD6-0045-42FC-A26C-554B9975A2DA@microsoft.com... > Message queing was uninstalled on our Exchange 2003. Will that stop or > uni...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

A Crystal Beginner

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

IMF Appending to the Subject of email message
It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed as spam. My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent internally are being appended. Does IMF actually have this option or maybe is it something else causing this action? I really need to know how to disable if its IMF. Thanks IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders depending on your threshold settings. C...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How to align footnote separator in WORD 7?
the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am writing in left aligned English. How can I change the separator alignment? Have you modified Normal style? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dvorab" <Dvorab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CB9979-9C44-4634-8E8F-3DA9C2B2B097@microsoft.com... > the footnote separators are coming out aligned right even though I am > writing > in left ...