I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter.  I
have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting
from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages.  What am I
doing wrong.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003
and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm
for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one
document.Hope this helps
DeanH

"rlw" wrote:

> I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter.  I
> have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting
> from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages.  What am I
> doing wrong.
That's because you've put the letterhead in the Header instead of the First
Page Header; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"rlw" <rlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter.  I
> have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting
> from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages.  What am I
> doing wrong.

0
Suzanne
2/22/2010 4:11:26 PM
These articles are not appropriate for letterhead (since they involve
multiple sections); the article I cited will be more helpful, I think.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for
> 2003
> and prior) or
> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm
> for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one
> document.Hope this helps
> DeanH
>

> "rlw" wrote:
>
>> I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter.
>> have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps
>> deleting
>> from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages.  What am I
>> doing wrong.

0
Suzanne
2/22/2010 5:03:07 PM
Oops, thanks for catching my mistake.
All the best
DeanH

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> These articles are not appropriate for letterhead (since they involve
> multiple sections); the article I cited will be more helpful, I think.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for
> > 2003
> > and prior) or
> > http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm
> > for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one
> > document.Hope this helps
> > DeanH
> >

> > "rlw" wrote:
> >
> >> I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter.
> >> have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps
> >> deleting
> >> from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages.  What am I
> >> doing wrong.
> >

> .

No prob. Keep up the good work!

--

> Oops, thanks for catching my mistake.
> All the best
> DeanH
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> These articles are not appropriate for letterhead (since they involve
>> multiple sections); the article I cited will be more helpful, I think.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for
>> > 2003
>> > and prior) or
>> > http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm
>> > for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one
>> > document.Hope this helps
>> > DeanH

>> .

0
Suzanne

print the tracking page
Windows XP Office 2003 Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab when I shedule meetings? When I try to do this, the "Appointment" tab shows up as the page being printed...??? Any suggestions? Thanks, Lou Sanderson only with a screen print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

invoking outlook from web page
Is there any way to invoke outlook client from a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook client from an incon in it.Please help. thanks in advance vikrant singhai wrote: > Is there any way to invoke outlook client from > a webpage. I have developed a intranet application using > HTML, ASP and IIS server and wants to invoke outlook > client from an incon in it.Please help. Ah, the famous Indian IT experts raising their towelly heads. No wonder I feel like trampling the phone everytime I'm getting transfer...

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

how can I find out trace dependents on other pages
I want to find out trace dependents, how can I find out trace dependents on other pages? -- PETER After clicking Tools > Formula Auditing > Trace Precedents/Dependents, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to a mini sheet icon, that'll bring up a "Go To" dialog to navigate to either the precedent(s) / dependent(s) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Peter" <peter.oellinger@t-online.de> wrote in message news:7280B569-F4B6-4EB4-A79A-6852BAF7949E@microsoft.com... >I want to find out trace depen...

Get paid while you get online!!

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Get photos from a camera

Master Pages
I am trying to set up several different types of Master Pages. I cannot seem to be able to save them from one session to another. My ultimate goal is to create flyers. I want to include picture and text boxes in each master page (sized and positioning diffent in each master page). I want to be able to open a blank publication, apply one of my many saved Master Pages. Include the unique pics and text to that pub page with applied master page. Then print. My Master pages that I create go away after each session. HELP All you ever wanted to know about Master Pages http://office.mi...

Is there a way to display Power Point on a web page
Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation on my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Wrong newsgroup -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "useless" <useless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D061B89-8C43-421A-A4BB-946142E136FC@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation > on > my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Seems a link to the PowerPoint file would do it. But the visitor would need PowerPoint Viewer on their computer. -- Don Vancouver ...