I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,

I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped.
I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters
without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without
the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in
all typing situations, including here.

You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You
can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the
shortcut key that you pressed to enable it.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Onemind" <Onemind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes
>stopped.
> I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters
> without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space
> without
> the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens
> in
> all typing situations, including here.

0
Suzanne

How can I reuse the same Name on more than one worksheet?
I have a multiple worksheets in my workbook. I want to name a cell on each workbook by the same name "Litres" - note: I do NOT want a 3D reference to all at once, but individual references. On the same spreadsheet somehow I've managed this before - I have a name "Business" that is context-specific on whichever sheet I happen to be on, but I can't remember how I created it! Looking at at in the 'Names' dialog box, it appears in the list as: Business June ....where 'June' is the current sheet name. Can anyone help me with c...

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

IF and conditional sum, one result
Hello everybody. I am trying to do something with a spreadsheet and no sure how to work the formula. I have seven columns and seven rows. Th column starts at F and the rows start and 1. The formula I have i this: =IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=30,SUM(K1:K5)-30,IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=20,SUM(K1:K5)-20,IF(SUM(K1:K5)>=10,SUM(K1:K5)-10,IF(SUM(K1:K5)<10,SUM(K1:K5)))) This is in cell K6. I would like this formula to also be able to loo at cells L6 and L7, and if L7 is larger than L6, subtract 1 from resul of the formula in K6. Can something like this be done? Thank you i advance for any help that ca...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

cluster & stacked & line in one chart
I have a chart that has one clustered column and two stacked columns. Looks great. I tried to format another set of data to be a line with markers. All I see is the markers, no line. Any ideas if this is possible? If the cells between the values for the line series are blank, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and choose Interpolate for Treat Blank Cells As... If the cells are formulas returning "", change "" to NA(). This puts an ugly #N/A error in the sheet, but the chart automatically interpolates across these errors without showing them. - Jon --...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Add BIG5 chinese characters to excel using asp
G'day I am grabbing data out of a database and wanting to put it into cell A1. I do not seem to be able to make it add Chinese characters. I have all the Chinese fonts on etc and can add characters if I am using excel but not when I open the excel file using ASP. When I try using unicode from the database I get the &#H1234 etc Rather than the characters. I need to be able to grab a string of Traditional Chinese and dump it to Excel and have it display in chinese there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. cheers PS win2k3 running Office 2000. ...

Importing Text with ONLY Tab set as a delimiter and NOT space?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My previous version of excel would default to importing tab-delimited text w/ just the tab checked (in step 2 of 3 in text import wizard). My excel now insists on the space being checked as well. Obviously I can uncheck this each time I go through the import wizard, but in the old version it was nice to double-click on a text file &amp; avoid having to go through the text-import wizard each time. Is there a way to set this in preferences somewhere? ...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

How to have multi plots in one chart or graph?
Hi, I want to plot three different data series in one chart or graph. However, I would like to view each one of them in different plot area in the same chart or graph. Would anyone know how to do it or have any suggestion. Thanks. -- Fred Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18FA5E15-ED1B-41CD-9D5C-DE37988B2073@microsoft.com... >...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

Creating user for change one schema
Hello there I have database with 10 schemas. all the authorization of the schemas is dbo for security purposes. I need to create user who can do anything on specific schema include create and drop objects and don't have any access to other schemas. Is there a way to do this? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > I have database with 10 schemas. > > all the authorization of the schemas is dbo for security purposes. > > I need to create user who can do anything on specific schema include > create and drop objects and don't have any acces...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Pull info from multiple worksheets into one Master
I have 2 staff members filling in their own individual worksheets. I want a master worksheet (or book) that pulls in the info they complete in their rows. For example: - John inputs a customer's name in his worksheet Cell A2. - Jane inputs a customer's name in her worksheet Cell A2. - I want a worksheet that doesn't merge their info together but displays both. For example, my cells A2 and A3 will contain the info from their rows. Is there a formula I can use to do this? Hi, yes there is one see Ron web http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm Hope t...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

How do I change the links in Excel at one batch?
Hi all, Good day! Please help me with the following issue: How do I do the following in Excel? Suppose in an Excel sheet there are lots of links, linking the cell to other sheets, There are millions of such links, how do I change the links to another sheet name at one batch? I hope there is a "Find/Replace" for these links? Thanks a lot! Saved from a previous post: If you used Insert|Hyperlink, then you've noticed that edit|replace won't touch those hyperlink addresses. If you used Insert|hyperlink (xl2003 menus), you'll have more work...

HP 1610 and/or 4315 all in one printers wont complete reinstall process
Hi, I tried to reinstall all software for the above after following all solutions from HP website. The software installs up to 96% and then hangs there for both printers I do not know what is causing this problem. The printers will still print, but the icon HP printer solution does not detect printer and therefore I cannot scan a document to email or detect ink levels. Has anybody had the same problem and what did you do about it? I think if I reinstalled all vista software cleanly and made a clean boot this would solve problem. This process would be timely and I want to ...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Joining two pictures into one and saving
We have two separate pictures that we want to join into one, fitting side by side and not overlaying each other. Then we want to save the resulting image as a file in the Windows Explorer so that we can use them as a unit. Can we do that in Publisher and if so, how, or do we need another package? Flick Olmsford wrote: > We have two separate pictures that we want to join into one, fitting side by > side and not overlaying each other. Then we want to save the resulting image > as a file in the Windows Explorer so that we can use them as a unit. > > Can we do that in Publi...

How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page
Hi, I work for a steel company. Material is purchased to a size and grade. There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and several customer can use. A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase orders with a summary. The same can be for open sales orders with a summary. Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due throughout the year. Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they can do forecasting for purchasing. Is there a way to do this in Access? Do I need to use Wo...

Splitting one column into two
I have a spreadsheet which contains one column of names, (last name, first name). I would like to split this into two columns so that I will have the last name in one column and the first name in another so that I can use either the first or last name in a mail merge. Is there way to do this? Thanks-- BJ Are the names seperated by a space? or by a comma? Data...text to columns....delimited... and then choose what seprates the names (space, or comma or whatever) this should split them up for you. "Big John" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which contains one column of nam...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...

Counting characters
Is there any way to count characters (spaces included) in a cell to insure that the characters in a specific cell do not exceed a preset number? Thanks everyone -- Howard Easy way to do it is to use Data --> Validation and choose 'Text Length' as the type of validation to use. Then you can set min/max/exact length to allow for the cell. Another way would be to use another cell to check the length. Say you want to check A1 for length: =IF(LEN(A1)<>20,"Not 20 characters","Is 20 Characters") "Howard" wrote: > Is there a...

merge results of many records on one page
I want to merge many records as consecutive lines on a page as opposed to each page representing a single record. Thus turning Publisher into a report writing tool. I have no difficulty merging labels and standard type letters etc using mail merge from Access or Excel as the data source. Setup your page the same way you would labels. If you want 30 records per page with a ..5 margin all around, divide 10 inches by 30, setup your custom page, 7.5 x 0.34. With a text box this narrow you will have to change the font size and set the text box top and bottom margin to zero. Do some experime...

Repeated Network cable unplugged/Local Area Connection now connect
I've rebooted the ADSL modem, unplugged and replugged all the cables but still every few seconds the network icon in the system tray changes to one with a red cross, and the message "A Network cable is unplugged" comes up, followed a fraction of a second later by a "Local Area Connection is now connected" message. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and where to look for a fix? Grateful for advice. I'm using XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) If possible you should try another modem. "simonc" <simonc@discussions.microsoft.com>...