hyperlinks 06-05-10

Hi,

Trying to make a document with links to media (mp3's etc) that will
work on any computer. Currently only works on mine, and when run on
another computer the links break (all the media resides on a usb drive
along with the document).

The links all seem to be absolute. Is there a way to make them
relative?

Thanks for any help,

Alex

--
alex harding
0

Hi alex,

To see how to implement relative paths in Word, check out the solution I've posted at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027

--
Cheers
macropod

"alex harding" <alex.harding.6505afb@wordbanter.com> wrote in message news:alex.harding.6505afb@wordbanter.com...

> Hi,
>
> Trying to make a document with links to media (mp3's etc) that will
> work on any computer. Currently only works on mine, and when run on
> another computer the links break (all the media resides on a usb drive
> along with the document).
>
> The links all seem to be absolute. Is there a way to make them
> relative?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Alex
>

> --
> alex harding
0
macropod

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

Email Templates 10-19-06
My E-Mail templates are missing ...after I Revert it to Personal Template's Anyone Knows Why ? ...

Pie Chart 04-01-10
I have the following data in Excel: Total Percentage Product 1 7 28% Product 2 18 72% Total 25 100% I want to represent all data in a pie chart, but when I select three columns and select Insert Pie Chart, it displays data in a weird way. For example it shows total as 50%, Product 1 as 14% and Product 2 as 36%. Which is the correct way to do it, so as to display real values? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- By default, Total = 100% so why graph it?? Just select the first two rows and make a graph of that. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Emece&quo...

error 646 06-13-10
Not always but often my microsoft office security updates fail. I have 6 presently that will not install. even with the disk in the drive. Please notify me of solutions, or why this may be happening to me. I alsi recently upgraded to wontows Ulitimate. Could that have effected it? "gerrywrite1" wrote: > Not always but often my microsoft office security updates fail. I have 6 > presently that will not install. even with the disk in the drive. Please > notify me of solutions, or why this may be happening to me. I alsi recently > upgraded to wontows Ul...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

one advantage to '05
You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall being able to do that in the past with '04. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL See the following link though for some problems observed while working during an online update. http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm Have you experienced any of this Chris? Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >You can still use the software while it's updating online in the background, >even if you don't use a passport. I don't recall...

Integration Manager 10.00.0836
I AM USING GP-10 AND Integration Manager - 10 and trying to add destination adaptor for Fixed Asset and Project Accounting modules but they are not available in tree of Destination, is somthing wrong with the installation or missing product or reg key.. thanks When IM 10 was installed, most likely the eConnect adpaters were not installed only the standard adpaters. You can go to Add/Remove Programs, find "Integration Manager for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0" and click the Change button. You can then select the option to add the eConnect adpaters. Hope that hel...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

CRM Customization 09-19-06
I really like what Microsoft has done with the customization process. I is so easy to add database field and build new forms and tabs on existing forms. However, I can not seem to find a way to add a list of items on a form. For example, I would like to build a form or tab on a form that allows us to create a list of the products we have sold to a client, picking from the part numbers on the product list. I would add purchase date, serial number, etc. You've probably got to write a custom aspx page which puts your list of products in a datagrid or similar, and then include it in an ...

GP 10 and MS Office
I have a general question regarding Dynamics GP v.10 and MS Office. We currently run GP 9 and Office 2003 and are looking to upgrade to GP 10. Is GP 10 dependent upon Office 2007? Will users lose any current functionality if we remain on Office 2003? I also would like to upgrade my GP 9 to GP 10, but what are the benefits of doing so? Is GP 10 stable? "maatthias" <maatthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08E758DA-BB20-47D8-A7DD-B9E923DDED4A@microsoft.com... >I have a general question regarding Dynamics GP v.10 and MS Office. We > currently r...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Money 06, 90 days trial
I downloaded the trial version. Data from the 02 version did not transfer on 06. I kept the 02 but I cannot access it anymore. I'm afraid I have to rebuild all data Anybody could advise a better solution ? What error message did you get? What region is your M2002 program? i.e. US or UK or International? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Pedro" <Pedro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Ver 10 SP 3 Inventory Return default GL acc
Hi again I have a GL account on the Item Card next to the 'Inventory Returns' field. I also have the POP accrual account filled in on the Creditor card. (1) If I do a 'POP Inventory' return transaction, the system does not default in a GL account next to the type 'accrual'. (2) If I key in my POP accrual account it accepts it even though I have blocked that account for posting. If I do a normal 'POP Return' transaction it does work fine, but it seems to be broken when I use the 'Inventory' option. Has anyone seen these 2 problems please? Thanks She...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

windows 2000 12-10-09
i have an older version of windows and im trying to download microsoft office for school and it will not let me do it anyone have any suggestions? Trying to download the Office 2007 shouldn't be a problem. Installing it might. If you are trying to install it on Windows 2000, you can't. "tvandivier" <tvandivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3A6793-E303-42D3-A2C4-D708012B53A9@microsoft.com... :i have an older version of windows and im trying to download microsoft office : for school and it will not let me do it anyone have any suggestio...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

WINDOWS 7 07-04-10
I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate one covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go. Hope this helps. news:alt.windows7.general Kenny "Johnno" <johnno@helpwanted> wrote in message news:eBi0Xk1GLHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate one >covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories "Johnno" wrote: > I know I am in the wrong newsgroup bu...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

CRM Development. 02-19-05
Hello I have downloaded the AccountingTeam.exe sample custom application for CRM. I made some changes to it. when i deploy it <under Default website or CRM in IIS> i get an error message when i open CRM. Also, is it possible to test the web application from a Client machine in debug mode? How? Thanks, Maruf I'm not familiar with the AccountingTeam.exe sample for CRM? Can you please tell me where it is located? Thanks! Mike Parks Mike, You can find it on this link http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/a/9/8a91f3c2-21cb-4076-9489-f7978864e4ba/AccountTeam.exe Thanks, Maruf...

validation 05-07-10
hi, I have a workbook with 2 sheets. In one sheet I have a calender and other sheet just list of names. what i want to do is: In the calender sheet if i have a name under a date and when i enter that date beside that name in the sheet of name list, i want to have a message saying that he/she is on vacation. For eg: In calender sheet a1&b1(merge 2 cells) (date-05-05-2010) a2-ganga b2-ravi In name list sheet a1-ganga- if i enter 05-05-2010 then the msg should say ganga is on vacation a2-ravi-if i enter 05-05-2010 then the msg should say ravi is on vacation Thank...

Help with Conditional Formatting 02-19-10
I am working with a large list in Excel 2003. One column is formatted as general. Each cell in the column has numbers in it that look like this: 1234-1234. I want to have the cell turn red if there are not nine characters in it. I have selected conditinal formatting for the cell. I use fomula =if(len(B4)><9) and tell it to make the cell red. It doesn't work. Can anyone help me figure out why? Thanks for any help given. Conditional formats want functions that return true of false. To that end you do not need the if function. Try this formula =len(b4)<>9 ...