Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links

Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the
Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents.  This was done so that
if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links
would still point to the production repository... this worked great!   BUT...
we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal
document links... huh?  That doesn't make sense.  Is this a known bug, or is
there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links
alone?  HELP!

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, that's just how the hyperlink base works. It's a real nuisance to have, say, a Table of Contents that clicking on
takes you to a location outside the document it refers to.

To see how to implement true relative paths in Word, check out the solution I've posted at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027

--
Cheers
macropod

"Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0FA2A1-C3B9-4BBD-B4A7-18A07295E3B3@microsoft.com...
> Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the
> Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents.  This was done so that
> if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links
> would still point to the production repository... this worked great!   BUT...
> we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal
> document links... huh?  That doesn't make sense.  Is this a known bug, or is
> there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links
> alone?  HELP!

0
macropod

Setting (Name) property programmatically
I need to be able to set the (Name) property of a worksheet programmatically (using VBA)- NOT the Name property. I have tried via the VBE object but have had no luck so far. Any ideas? I don't think I understand the question. According to the help files in the VBE, the following would set a name property: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="mynamehere", RefersToR1C1:= _ "=Sheet2!R2C4:R4C5" ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Chris" <chris.laycock@addept.co.uk> wrote in message news:1120657634.427...

How to attach documents to mail merge emails?
Last time I was asked for a way to send personilized emails to multiple recepients. I am using mail merge now but Outlook (or Word) seems to forget attached documents. When I send the whole document attached the attached data is remaining in the email but I don't want the recepient to open an document before he or she can see anything. Is there a possiblity to attach documents to emails send via mail merge? Thanks for your help again! Office doesn't offer that option. You'd need to use a third party mass mailing program such as the ones listed at http://www.slipstick.com/ad...

what is the alternative for PlotArea.Fill. Fill property is hidden
Chart Object.PlotArea.Fill returns ChartFillFormat object. But in 2007 both the ChartFillFormat object and property Fill of PlotArea are hidden. Actual requirement is like following. .PlotArea.Fill.Visible = True .PlotArea.Fill.OneColorGradient Style:=msoGradientHorizontal, Variant:=1, Degree:=0.3 But the functionality works fine in Office 2007. But according to Excel object model 2007 reference above shown property is hidden, can u please tell me what is hidden. What is the alternative for this property? Can any one please help me. Thanks in advance. Hi, the colors available in...

How do I send a publisher document in HTML format
We are attempting to provide a brochure to our publicist in the requested HTML format so she can use the brochure we created in an email camoaign. Hi Robert Mitchell (Robert Mitchell@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || We are attempting to provide a brochure to our publicist in the || requested HTML format so she can use the brochure we created in an || email camoaign. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...

inserting documents
I have created a schedule in publisher and i want to insert into word so people can open it as an attachment because people are having trouble opening it through publisher. I had went into word and went to insert file and then tried to insert the document form publisher and it formatted all weird in like western language or something. can you please help? Save the schedule as a .jpg and insert that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Shah" <Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

deleted CV document won't clear in PM10300
I noticed that when I delete a manual payment that has already been check printed it won't clear in PM10300. This "not clearing" of PM10300 will cause an error like "Duplicate check number". Note that still you can delete Manual Payment that's already been check printed and use again the check number. Any idea why PM10300 won't be cleared? Or are there any steps we're missing? Thanks for the help. ...

Linking a horizontal set of cells to a vertical sets of cells
What is the quickest way to link a horizontal sets of cells to a vertical sets of cells? I have a spreadsheet where my values I want to plot are horizontal. I want to link these range of horizontal cells to a another s/s where the range is listed vertically. (I can't chagne it - it has to remain this way) I have about 25 sheets where I want to copy the link formula. For EX: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 are my horizontal values on one s/s. I want to link (copy)these over to a vertical set up. 1 2 3 4 5 I tried using an absolute reference in the link or reference formula, but when I copy ...

ISNULL property
HI I need to do one devision in xsd. let suppose the propert names are a and b. How should I write the expression. -- Vishnu Hi Vishnu, I'm not quite sure what you mean by doing devision in xsd. Because XSD is a schema of Xml, I don't think we need to do devision in it. Also there is no ISNULL checking in XSD. You can use minOccur or maxOccur to control the times that an element appear. If you can tell me what you're going to do, maybe I can find a workaround for you. Kevin Yu Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== (This p...

Document Request please
Jaber may I please request you to send it to me too at snow13white@hotmail.com Would really appreciate it.. Cheers Snow White ...

Internal SMTP server mail won't deliver to internal exchange serve
We have an internal IIS SMTP server that sends out large amounts of email as an application. Some of the recipients are internal and their mail stays queued up. Our internal dns zone is company.local, but the external MX record is company.com. Do I need to create a company.com internal zone and then an A record and MX record to make the internal mail route correctly? We don't have internet mail setup only smtp virtual server and no smarthosts either. Creating the internal company.com zone should work. Alternatively, in IIS - Default SMTP Virtual Server | Domains, create a new d...

Window service property OnCustomCommand
Hi! In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that are integer. How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and change it's behaviour ? I know only how I can start, stop,pause and such things protected override void OnCustomCommand(int command) { switch ( command) { case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorDDrive: _driveLetter = "D"; break; case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorEDrive: _driveLetter = &q...

Simultaneously sort 2 worksheets using linked column
I have 1 worksheet (Attendance) that keeps track of attendance. Rows 10 - 37 (27 students) with columns J - DQ for recording daily attendance. I'm designing a 2nd worksheet (Progress) in the same workbook to keep track of progress. Currently, the student names on Progress are linked to those on Attendance. This works fine. However, when I sort Attendance, only the student names on Progress move causing information on this second sheet to no longer correspond to the correct student. Is there a way to sort Attendance and have the data I enter on Progress stay with the names they're...

Modify document date on posted transactions
Is it possible to modify the document date of invoices in an SOP batch? This normally wouldn't be a problem, but our quarter just ended and all the Sept 28 invoices got posted with Oct 1 dates. We have several Crystal reports that are run based on this document date, as well as other reports. Thanks in advance. -- Dave Stonesifer ...

Smarthost setting has no effect?
We want to relay send our outbound mail through a smtp gateway but after entering the IP address of the smarthost by name or by ip address [in brackets like these] the setting has no affect. Mail is still sent from our exchange server. I did it for every exchange server under the properties for each servers SMTP virtual server. And we stopped and restarted the virtual smtp server for each server. Any ideas? Thanks! Not sure of the answer as it sounds like you've done things right but the better way to do what you're describing is to set a connector for all external SMTP tr...

http://<MSCRM>/loader.aspx links for different entities.
Hi, We are currently running MSCRM 3.0 in our environment. We would like to be able to bookmark the link to the Contacts Search Screen (or any other entity). Whenever I try it does not save correctly (because MSCRM is one big FRAMESET) and always brings me back to the default search screen. I have tried looking around for the URLs but keep getting errors thrown back at me, is there anyway to do this so we don't have to go to the main MSCRM page and then navigate to say the "Contact" Search Screen or Cases, Accounts, etc? Thanks Greg If you are happy not having the na...

Links in formulas change when another user runs a workbook
Hello -- When another user runs a set of workbooks I built for him, links in formulas include the name of the folder in which he stored the set of xls files. In my original files, links simply look like workbook.xls!range_name His workbooks don't work. and, when he sends them to us to fix, the links have to be changed. MS article PSS ID Number: 327006 seems to be relevant to this problem. If I understand the article, it suggests: "To temporarily prevent the recalculation of external links, set the calculation environment to Manual... " I can see how to do that in code place...

unlock document
how do you unlock a modified document, that was already stored to your computer. I can not got back into the document and make changes. If you are seeing a message in the status bar that says “This modification is not allowed because the document is locked,” and if this is Word 2007, then most likely it is a trial version that has expired. If you're getting the error message in Word 2003, or if this is an activated retail copy of Word 2007, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?SCID=kb;en-us;818852 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type ...

Copying a Publication document
How do I copy a Publication document onto a second page of another Publication document? You can have many instances of Publisher open at one time, file, select all, copy and paste to the new Publisher document. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Hoopla2" <Hoopla2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F980F72A-3B53-492C-B6B7-0D9611204F96@microsoft.com... > How do I copy a Publication document onto a second page of another > Publication document? ...

ComboBox
Hi. I'm an ASP.NET developer working on an Access application. In ASP.NET I'm used to a dropdownlist's DataTextField property (text that displays in the control) and DataValueField property (the value tied to each text item). In Access, how can I set both a text and value property to a combobox? Specifically I have a ComboBox control that I need to have display text field "UserName" and have a value named "UserID". Is this possible? I am using a combobox's rowsource to write the select statement which populates the combobox. Can I set both a text...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

Alphanumeric links
Does anyone know how to change what the alphanumeric links at the bottom of each page link to? My leads are cool - if I click D, it gives me all the leads who's company name start with D. I want the same for opportunities, but they link to the topic, not the company. Any ideas? I've taken a quick look and I don't think it's possible to change how this works. You can specify "find columns" but that only works for advanced find and when you type something in the "look for" textbox. It doesn't work for the alphanumeric links. -- Jeffry van de Vuurs...

Archived documents?
I have just got a new pc & transfered all my stuff from 1 to the other. I have an archive folder on my e drive & do not know how I can get the contents back into Outlook, on the new pc. Assuming E drive is on the new pc, in OL File/Open/Data File.......browse to location Mind you, if you mean an archive.pst that wont neccessarily contain all your old data. "Wazi" <Wazi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92933AB8-062D-4C5B-BAE5-68FDECB1A059@microsoft.com... > I have just got a new pc & transfered all my stuff from 1 to the other. I > have an ...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

Why when I receive a word document it comes as a wordpad?
Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' - does this mean that when I send Word attachments they don't come out properly either?? How can I fix this?? "mare2852" <mare2852@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A26001-1DD0-4F74-9492-506E507717B0@microsoft.com... > Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails > with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' -...

shape property based on other shape property
I am documenting the electrical circuits in 90 some labs. I am using Visio 2007. I have created circuit shapes with the Property Types: Circuit ID and Phase. The Circuit Phase can be a number between 1 and 42. The Phase corresponds with that specific number and will be A, B, or C. I want to know how to make the Phase Property be based on the Circuit ID property. Also, there is another type of circuit, where the circuit ID lists two Circuit IDs. Same numbering as before, so an example might look like "2,4". In this case, I would need the Phase Property to be A,B. I fi...