Hyperlink on longer automatic

Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink
(automatically) as I type.  Why?   Also in 2007, where I go to to change the
color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).-
learning keeps you young

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab,
under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with
hyperlinks." Click OK twice.

To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and
FollowedHyperlink styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink
> (automatically) as I type.  Why?   Also in 2007, where I go to to change
> the
> color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).-
> learning keeps you young

0
Stefan
12/1/2009 6:45:21 PM
Thanks. I already followed that path. Did not get an automatic hyperlink.
However, if I hit "Enter" after typing, then I get a hyperlink.  A wild
guess, could my firewall interfer the AutoFormat?

Also, how do you modify the Hyperlink and where is FollowedHyperlink styles?
--
learning keeps you young

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
> category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab,
> under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with
> hyperlinks." Click OK twice.
>
> To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and
> FollowedHyperlink styles.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink
> > (automatically) as I type.  Why?   Also in 2007, where I go to to change
> > the
> > color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).-
> > learning keeps you young
>

> .

You shouldn't have to press Enter; however, you will have to type a space
(or add punctuation) to trigger the automatic creation of a hyperlink. I
doubt that your firewall affects AutoFormat As You Type in Word.

In Word 2007, you can do the following to change the styles: In the Styles
pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab of
the dialog box, locate each of the styles. Click Modify; Word displays the
Modify Style dialog box. Make the desired changes. When you are done, select
"New documents based on this template" and click OK.

--

> Thanks. I already followed that path. Did not get an automatic hyperlink.
> However, if I hit "Enter" after typing, then I get a hyperlink.  A wild
> guess, could my firewall interfer the AutoFormat?
>
> Also, how do you modify the Hyperlink and where is FollowedHyperlink
> styles?
> --
> learning keeps you young
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
>> category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab,
>> under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with
>> hyperlinks." Click OK twice.
>>
>> To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and
>> FollowedHyperlink styles.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink
>> > (automatically) as I type.  Why?   Also in 2007, where I go to to
>> > change
>> > the
>> > color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).-
>> > learning keeps you young
>>

>> .

0
Stefan
12/2/2009 11:39:15 AM
You shouldn't have to press Enter; however, you will have to type a space
(or add punctuation) to trigger the automatic creation of a hyperlink. I
doubt that your firewall affects AutoFormat As You Type in Word.

In Word 2007, you can do the following to change the styles: In the Styles
pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the Edit tab of
the dialog box, locate each of the styles. Click Modify; Word displays the
Modify Style dialog box. Make the desired changes. When you are done, select
"New documents based on this template" and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I already followed that path. Did not get an automatic hyperlink.
> However, if I hit "Enter" after typing, then I get a hyperlink.  A wild
> guess, could my firewall interfer the AutoFormat?
>
> Also, how do you modify the Hyperlink and where is FollowedHyperlink
> styles?
> --
> learning keeps you young
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
>> category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab,
>> under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with
>> hyperlinks." Click OK twice.
>>
>> To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and
>> FollowedHyperlink styles.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "DCW" <DCW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink
>> > (automatically) as I type.  Why?   Also in 2007, where I go to to
>> > change
>> > the
>> > color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).-
>> > learning keeps you young
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

Outlook 2000 automatic name checking
Automatic name checking is not working. How to fix? It is selected to use that feature but does not work. Thanks, ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

automatic formatting in excel
We use account codes beginning with MAR with 4 digits following (e.g. MAR3420) in spreadsheets and Excel automatically converts this to a date format. I have reformatted the cells to Text and this overcomes the problem initially. However, these files have to be saved in .csv format for uploading into our accounting software. The difficulty arise if the .csv file is ever opened to make changes because Excel reformats these cells to dates again which corrupts our data. Does anyone know of a way to switch off the automatic reformatting of cells? I don't think you can prevent Exc...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

automatic delete of read items
Hi, Have had a problem for a few weeks now, where any read items in my inbox seem to automatically delete. I can not retrieve these items as they do not get sent to my deleted folder. Please help!! Cheers Kate Check your view settings to see if you set it to unread messages. Enable the Advanced toolbar for ease of use. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Automatically select last available period in Graph.
Hi I created a little makro which generates a small amount of pivot tables and graphs. The files I start from are generated on a regular basis using another application (but the end resultsof that application are excel files). The graphs show an evolution of different aspects but by default the graphs I create from the pivot table always show the evolution of the combined periods (All). I want to create my makro so that it automatically selects the last available period for a graph (so without knowing the name of the period since the analyses will be made at different times using differ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

automatically adjust sum to include top row (added)
I used to know how to this, but can not remember. I have a worksheet where a row is added to the top of a list of rows when a macro is run. There is a sum row at the bottom of the list of rows. How do I set it up so that the newly added row is included in the sum? Thanks! Try this... Let's assume your current formula looks like this: =SUM(A1:A10) Use this: =SUM(INDIRECT("A1"):A10) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:285FCF5C-A56C-419D-8301-1DE47CCAD985@microsoft.com... >I used to know how to this, ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Automatic Path with Date
I have some questions hopefully someone can assist. I want to save my word documents by default in the d:\path location with the following format "2010-02-26 File Name.doc "=96 I would like to insert the date automatically. Appreciate your assistance. Use a macro containing the following commands: With Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs) If .Display Then With ActiveDocument .SaveAs Format(Date, "yyyy-mm-dd") & " " & .Name End With End If End With If you create the macro with the name of Sub FileSaveAs() ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

View attachments automatically
Hi all, I just moved from OE to MS Outlook In OE I saw emails with JPG attachments automatically, in Outlook I see a list of attachments and I have to click them one by one to open and view. Is it possible to make it show near the text of the message as in OE ? TIA Guy Hi, AFAIK, Outlook does not support Inline attachment as Outlook Express. I think you need to open the attachment to view it. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Guy Cohen" <guyadiv@barak-online.net> wrote in message news:uAg28EFSEHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I ju...

How do I extend a dotted line automatically?
In a legal document, how can I get a dotted line at the end of a paragraph so that it automatically extends to the right margin? You can set a tab stop with a dot leader. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bentcliff" <Bentcliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30DFBA7-BB87-4FC0-8B01-D6F3051B53EB@microsoft.com... > In a legal document, how can I get a dotted line at the end of a paragraph > so > that it automatically extends to the right margin? ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Delete all Hyperlinks and Actions
Hi, Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? Thanks Only with vba code AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Cazzy123" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? > > Thanks ...

Associate Macros to a Hyperlink
I would like to associate a simple macro to a hyperlink so when click on the hyperlink, excel would go to a certain sheet and change its zoom. Can anyone help me on how to do it? Thank you MJO Hi you can use the worksheet_followhyperlink event to achieve this. E.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$A$1" Then 'insert your code here End If End Sub The above will process your code if the hyperlink in cell A1 is invoked. HTH Frank Maria João Oliveira wrote: > I...

Blocked hyperlinks
After Ctrl-Click on hyperlinks in Office programs i get a message that the computer is blocked for this operation and that i should contact the admin (thats me). I am using Windows 7, Office 07, IE8 and Live Mail 09 (all with available updates). (I reinstalled Chrome but that didn't help. Saw a suggestion about that.) Got one suggestion to reinstall Office but have not tried that. Any easier suggestions? -- Peter L I had the same problem a few days ago. Try this procedure founded on the web: "Restore registry settings in the User Profile 1. Click Start, click Run...

Filtering Hyperlinks
Good day, I've linked excel data to a map. When I click the hyperlink (state) on the map it will highlight the cells I referenced. I would also like this data to filter. So, my question is - is there a way to setup auto filters to links. Example: If I have data in cells 1 - throught 1000, and I have a hyperlink on a map to hightlight cells 3, 6 9, 100, 1000 - is there a way I can develop a formula where only the data shows related to that hyperlink ...