Hyperlink behavior Word 2007: correct page but wrong part of page

I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this
problem.
Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for
navigation.

In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and
the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the
bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is
in the first form field of the following page.

With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text
boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavior. There are
a bunch of hidden bookmarks (that I didn't create) and I'm wondering if the
answer is there.

Hi

Position the cursor where you need to navigate to insert book mark ex.bm1.
Then go back to wehre the link is and hyperlink using the book mark (bm1).
Then the link will navigate to the exact position of the book mark on a page.

hope this helps this s what i follow.
:)

"abird" wrote:

> I've searched a lot of place but have not even seen anyone else having this
> problem.
> Document is a multi-page Word 2007 form template with hyperlinks for
> navigation.
>
> In most cases clicking a hyperlink will take you to the correct page, and
> the top of the page displays. However on some pages, it either displays the
> bottom of the page and/or the top of the next page. Sometimes the cursor is
> in the first form field of the following page.
>
> With the template open, view field codes, show bookmarks and show text
> boundaries, I still can't see what might be causing this behavior. There are
> a bunch of hidden bookmarks (that I didn't create) and I'm wondering if the
> answer is there.

Using Category in outlook 2007
I have been catergorizing my emails for months. Recently, when i tried to categorize my email, an error message pops up - "the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Does anyone has the same problem and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance. Hard to say, but usually this error comes up when either the message itself is too big or when your mailbox is full. I'm assuming you are using an Exchange account here? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-In...

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Exchange 2007 in child domain.
Hi I have a Win2k3 domain with a couple of child domains. The two Exchange2k3 servers are in two separate Organizations(due to a 5.5 migration) and located in the root domain. The new child domain trusts the root domain, but not vice versa. Exchange2k7 asks for access to the FSMO DC in the root domain, which it can ping but apparently not access. Furthermore i get a preinstall error that says the Exchange2k7 must be in the same site/domain as the FSMO server. I suspect that exchange needs to make some schema changes before it can be installed, but are these one time changes or pr server. Co...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

unwanted formatting (Word 2007)
Hello, I have a template in Word 2007 that does a mailmerge with a .CSV file. The CSV file contains fields with document names (p.e. "ST 900.docx"). During the merge, the contents of these small documents is inserted. The documents are made in Courier 12. The template is also in Courier 12 and the default font in Normal.dotx is also Courier 12. After the merge, in the "output" document, the layout of the inserted text is completely messed up: in one line the font changes from Courier to Times New Roman and back and the text will be bold where it is not in the ...

Word X ALWAYS crashes!
I have had nothing but problems with Word. I am running Office 10.1.3 because I was told it was the most stable. Yesterday I removed every single trace of MS Office from my computer, using the Remove Office utility and manually removing the OfficePID and (10) Settings files. I then ran Disk Warrior on my machine. Finally I removed the Font Cache and all duplicate copies of fonts from my system. Then I reinstalled Word. Guess what? It still crashes all the time. When opening attachments (especially from Apple Mail) and documents, when saving documents, or just conveniently in the middle...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

AD Sycnch in PS 2007
We have a PM who recently had her name changed. Our Windows Admin changed her name within AD, but when she tries to log on via Project Pro 2007 or via PWA, she gets a logon error. PWA is still trying to log her on as her on via her OLD userid. Windows authentication doesn't see the new userid. If I deactivate her, and resynch with AD, Project Server finds her name at reactivates her as it should with her new userid, but again...when trying to access PS, it seems to be looking for her previous ID. Any ideas that can help troubleshoot? Thanks -- ITPM Check on her P...

how can i get my pages to load faster.
one that has dail up my pages will not load up DSL or CABLE MODEM load good whot can I do. Depends on the version and what level of service packs you've loaded. Most advice can be found at www.publishermvps.com David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "willie" <willie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A340543-8120-4BDE-A32D-3BE696CD538D@microsoft.com... > one that has dail up my pages will not load up DSL or CABLE MODEM load > good > whot can I do. Images are one of the main problems with pages running slow,...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlooke 2003 Word 2003 Editor
Tried to reply to an e-mail, but a pop-up came up saying "...starting the Word 2003 Editor." It stayed and stayed. I finally went to Task Manager and ended the Outlook session. The same thing happened when I tried to edit an e-mail, changing it from Plain Text to Rich Text. I admit I had previously changed it to HTML and back to PT. When I tried to change it from PT to RT, it hung on the "starting the Word 2003 Editor" pop up. Help! sade Have you tried detect and repair, or, alternatively, a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

BOTH Date AND page Number in header
How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in a header? Every time I put one in the other one is deleted. For left-aligned and right-aligned text to "co-exist" in the same line of text, you would have to use a right-aligned tab stop. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jimbo" <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB10C5C1-DC19-4AAA-A2F4-3D1BD3A83F5E@microsoft.com... > How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in > a header? Every time I put one in the other one is d...

CEdit display text with Gdiplus:Font, Graphics
Hello, I display the text in an own 'COEdit : public CEdit' - class with Gdiplus - Graphics to make the text a little bit transparent. The display of text is ok, but the caret is wrong. I do not call edt->SetFont(...); because I have an own font, but it is an 'Gdiplus::Font' and no 'CFont'. So the carent must be in the wrong position. Thanks --- Frank Iversen I haven't done this before. I guess the edit control is doing its calucations based on the default font. But try this: Create a CFont object with the same font name and size as the one you are us...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

MS Word (and other apps) trigger Security Dialog in OL 2002
When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time each day, I get the security dialog "a program is trying to access your email addresses." I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor. Subsequent attempts to create, forward and reply do not trigger this dialog. Also, my phone sync program does the same thing every time. I sometimes have had the problem with activesync. Any explanations? TIA Michael The unknown Posterchild wrote: > When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time > each day, I get the security dialog "a ...

checking other pages and workbooks for repeating numbers?
How do I check to see if a number has already been used in another workbook or on another page? Such as (j11=7pfo1by) is billable area and (k11=54635) is billable item this can only be billed once and I would like for excel to check the entire weekly workbook and other workbooks for this specific set of numbers. If I type them in it would tell me that set of numbers have already been used. Both sets of numbers must be the same I could have the same item number in another billiable area but I will not have the same item and aera twice. ...

Resizing Pictures Causes Word to Jump to Beginning of Document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello - after I paste a picture and then change the text layout to &quot;tight&quot; Word typically jumps to the beginning of the document, sometimes taking the picture with it, sometime just putting the cursor up there. Any help on how this might be fixed would be appreciated. Go to Word>Preferences>View and turn on "Object Anchors" so you can see what you are doing. Then click the picture, and an Anchor symbol ⚓ will appear somewhere on the page where you pasted the picture. ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

FW: Install that corrective pack from the M$
--pafipfbnpqpezf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fgpwzsryup"; type="multipart/alternative" --fgpwzsryup Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rbmlezlbgphvomd" --rbmlezlbgphvomd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Numbers to Words
Hi All, I'm looking for a macro/VB script for expressing an amount in pesos in words, in Spanish - anyone got a script kicking about? Thanks, Thomas. If you get no better offer, perhaps you could modify the routine at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 with numbers translated at http://ets.freetranslation.com/ which for one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve thirteen fouteen fifteen million thousand gives un dos tres cuatro cinco seis siete ocho nueve diez once doce trece fouteen quince millones mil etc. Hope this helps -- t_...

Reverse Engineer from Visio 2007 then got Visual Studio 2003 encou
Ciao , Whenever I try to convert my VC++ project source code to UML digram by clicking Project -> Visio UML -> Reverse Engineer menu, I get the same result -- the Visual Studio 2003 encounters runtime error and needs to be closed. I'm using following configration Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Version 7.1.3052 with Net framework 1.1 version 1.1.4322 SP1 Visio 2007 Trial (12.0.4518.1014). Microsoft Office 2003 (11.5604.6558) Windows XP Professional ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Please advise. Yogesh Kumar Dhiman Engineer (OSS R&D Team) XIU...