How to scan a text document that MSWord recognizes as text?

How can I scan a text document from my scanner (HP6280 all in one) and have
MS Word recognize it as a text document so I can edit it?

Scan it into the OCR software that may have come with your scanner
OR
Scan it into Microsoft Office Document Imaging (a rudimentary OCR tool that
comes with Office but which is not installed by default)..

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Bil" <Bil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I scan a text document from my scanner (HP6280 all in one) and
> have
> MS Word recognize it as a text document so I can edit it?

0
Graham

Text in Cells #2
Is there a way to put paragraphs and bullet points of text in a cell? Thanks! James One method..... In a cell hit ALT + 0149(from NumPad) Type some text then hit ALT + ENTER. Hit ALT + 0149 then type some more text. The ALT + ENTER will give a carriage return. The ALT + 0149 will give a Bullet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:50:47 -0800, "James" <mailforme@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Is there a way to put paragraphs and bullet points of >text in a cell? > >Thanks! Many thanks Gord. >-----Original Message----- >James > >One me...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Converting text into time
Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number into time, eg. 1215 to 12:15am? I have reports from another program that can only be saved as text files so when I open up these files in Excel, all my times are in text and I need to find a way to convert them back into time. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!! Try also... =--TEXT(A1,"0\:00") Format the formula cell as time. "Michelle" <michelle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:040901c370ff$2fc33700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help!! Does anyone know how to convert a four digit number > i...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

If Statement: want user to be able to enter text in cell if FALSE
Hi I have the following formula in cell F16 =IF($M$1 =3, "149028","") However, what I would really like is for the user to be able to input a value in F16 is M1 does NOT equal 3. Is there a way to do this. The current formula leaves F16 blank if M1 does not equal 3, but when the user types another value, the formula is erased. what am i missing? Many thanks Could you use another cell for the user input? =IF($M$1 =3, "149028",$M$2) And in M2 you might insert a "Comment", or a data validation "input Message", giving directions on what ...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...

Automatic update the number in a text box
Hello: I have text boxes in my charts. In that text box, I need to copy a number from another sheet each time I update charts. I am wondering if there is a way that I can update the number automatically. Thanks in advance! Is the number in the same cell every time? Here's how to create a new text box that's linked to a cell (whenever I try linking an existing text box, Excel just draws a new one on top of the old one). Select the chart. Press the equals key. Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell with the mouse. The formula bar reads like: =Sheet2!$B$2 Press enter. - ...

Search function (text or numerical)
Hi all Just trying to figure out how to implement a search function, as follows... sheet1 contains all the data to be searched; example: one cell in this sheet contains "BMS-1865-1701-CZ05" How can I search for this data, based on partial search criteria ? for example my criteria would be : "1701-CZ" I really need to use excel on this one... Thnx! -- marciac ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marciac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

how do you supress the "Number stored as text" error message
Is there a way to supress the feature that displays a green triangle in the upper left corner of a cell when you store numbers as text? I frequently WANT to store numbers as text, and I'd like to make those triangles disappear. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi, go to Menu, Options, error checking tab, uncheck "number stored as text". jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to supress the feature that displays a green triangle in the >upper left corner of a cell when you store numbers as text? I frequently >WANT to store numbers as text, and I'd like...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

concatenate text followed by a date from another cell
Cell A1 contains a date 'Jan 1, 2004', Cell B1 is a text string, Cell C contains [=B1 &A1]. The copy in cell C1 is coming out with the tex string followed by the date as a number (we understand the latter, bu there's a good chance that the people who read the report may not)... is there some way to get Cell C1 to show as 'text string Jan 1, 2004' -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =B1 & Text(A1,"mmm d, yyyy") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "teverest >" <<teverest.zq9jb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:teveres...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Text not fully displayed when text direction changed
I've got a worksheet where most of the text is displayed as usual, reading left to right. I've changed some cells so text direction is -90. When I type into these cells the first part of the first word is partly hidden. It's a bit irritating since the text displays normally in "print preview" and prints correctly - it just doesn't display correctly on the screen. Any help would be gratefully appreciated A shot in the dark: Remove any formatting (left, center or right justified) by un-selecting their respective buttons. Gilles "Mikey9131" <mikewoo...

Outlook 2007 and lLain Text
Since Outlook 2007 contains its own mini-Word for mail composition, will I be able send true Plain Text messages without Word adding all its cruft? -- Brian Tillman Plain text is plain text, no matter what email program you send it with. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Form Label and Text boxSize
Hi, I am in desiging a form and trying to rearrange and fix the sizes of the labels and textboxes in design view. Currently, when i format the size of the text box and labels, all the other ones in the same column change as well. In addtion, i can not move text boxes and labels to where i desire on the form. In general, I am wondering how to fix this issue and allow to me change the sizes and placement of individual labels and textboxes. Note: I was not a problem with Access 2003. -- Thank you, In Access2007 there is a new feature called a stacked form which keeps c...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

Clip text to n characters
Hi I have a column of text of variable length (no. of chars) Which function can I use to create a column using, say, the first 20 characters of each cell? David Use the function MID =MID(TextLocation,StartNumber,Number of Characters) To get the first 20 characters of cell C1 use =MID(C1,1,20) "David H" <daviidh@mh-s.co.uk> wrote in message news:OMv34UHBFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have a column of text of variable length (no. of chars) Which function > can I use to create a column using, say, the first 20 characters of each > cell? > &g...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

importing a scanned image
I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard copies come in various formats. Yes it is possible if you have a good OCR reader that can transfer the scanned image to text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" wrote: > I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is > it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard > copies come in various formats. ...

why does a formula become text
If I enter a formula into a cell e.g. =A1*B1 the cell reports the result correctly. Sometimes I can be editting a formula and the cell stops reporting the result and only displays the formula. No amounnt of adjusting the formula or cell format makes the cell display the result of the formula. Why is this? Duncan Hi check if the cell is formated as 'Text'. goto 'Format - Cells' and use for example the format 'General' If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck 'Formulas' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany duncan w...

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...

Document Map
Hi, Is there a way to remove the Document Map/Thumbnails selector bar at the top of the Document Map in Word 2007 so that it is like previous versions? It takes up two valuable heading spaces and I NEVER use Thumbnails. I hope Word 2010 has the option of removing that annoying bar. Thanks, Martin Gifford. As far as I know, you cannot remove it. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "martin gifford" <martingifford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB25489A-4A12-45AF-8BD4-D66E29DBDC52@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way ...

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

MS Ofc 07 Scanning, ADF won't scan multiple pages?
Trying to scan a multi page document into a single MS imaging file w/o success. Scans one page and brings up imaging so I can view the tiff. The other pages go through the ADF, but are not inserted into the same file as the first page of the doc. I have tried adjusting 'prompt for add'l pages' with no luck. Advice? Thank you. ...