How to save a Word 2007 document to two places at once?

Hi all,

I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
to a USB stick as I work.

While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
file between two folders every five or ten minutes!

Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
it does its automatic back-up?

Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.

--
mlse
0

See the last macro at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

mlse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
> to a USB stick as I work.
>
> While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
> Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
> file between two folders every five or ten minutes!
>
> Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
> it does its automatic back-up?
>
> Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.

0
Graham
11/16/2009 2:55:13 PM
Use the macro under "Save a copy of the current document to flash" at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm. Pay attention to the
warnings!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:14:00 +0000, mlse
<REMOVETHISmeustac1REMOVETHIS@chi.IGNORE.ac.IGNORE.uk> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
>to a USB stick as I work.
>
>While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
>Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
>file between two folders every five or ten minutes!
>
>Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
>it does its automatic back-up?
>
>Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.
0
Jay

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Printing a two spreadsheets front and back
I have clicked select all sheets and selected two sided copy in print options. It gives me a message that 1 page has been printed, when I hit print, but when I go to the printer, there are two sheets of paper. Each spreadsheet on its own piece of paper. i have done this before, but when I do I print several copies, and months go by before I have to print the two sheets front and back again. Help. hi technically all excel does is send the data. seems to me the problem may be in your printer, not excel. make sure that you are printing to a duplex printer. regards FSt1 ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word.
how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:23:02 -0800, shawn <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. Open the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box empty, and press Ctrl+U to turn on the underlining format to search for. Click the Find Next button. If you need to find double underlining, press Ctrl+Shift+D instead of Ctrl+U. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all...

Mouse dissappears in Outlook 2007 B2
Notice an annoying "feature", my mouse will dissappear in Outlook for some reason and have to drag it off the Outlook window to like the tastbar or desktop and back again to see it. Dang, was hoping 2007 would have a universal selection in turning off that $@%$# GROUP view and READING PANE. I want neither, but have to go through all my folders (26) to change them to "normal" viewing. Also, guess Beta testers know this, but the scanpst.exe doesn't work in B2. Keep getting "procedure entry point DDLUnintInstace@" errors in fixing on ..pst file Outlook ...

Save and save as

Publisher 2007 #35
Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? Is your video/graphics driver current? Are you getting an error message? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "comicool" <comicool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BAA1E8A-1A18-4C5A-8652-C7A3F3E30F1B@microsoft.com... > Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? ...

Saving Images

Outlook 2007 Calendars
How do I combine all calendars into one calendar: Birthday; US Holiday; appts.. I want the choice of looking at ONE calendar and seeing all of this different information displayed. Are you using the Outlook Connector with a hotmail/msn account? Hotmail creates the different calendars. You can drag everything to one calendar (use all appointment view then select all and drag or move). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscr...

Linkin to an external document
Is it possible to link to an external document thats stored on a network drive without any plugins for CRM? Yes. If you want to add a link to a document on a CRM record, simply add a custom text field to your form and set the type to URL. Then you can copy the path of your document into the CRM field, assuming everyone who uses CRM in your organization can reach the document via the same path, such as V:/CompanyShared/Documents/somedocument.doc -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shaun" wrote: > Is it possible to link to an external document thats...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

How to delete task request from inbox on Outlook 2007
For 13.5 months a "task request" from a coworker has been parked in my inbox. The task is complete and was marked as such but I cannot delete it, move it, reply to it, forward it, or take ANY action on it without the message "the operation failed" popping up. Any suggestions on how to clear this would be appreciated. The coworker has cleared this on his outlook as well and our IT guy has not been able to do anything with it either. In fact, nobody in the office has any idea why my system is unique this way. I've never had issues with any other tas...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Problmes with full migration from Word and Excel 2003 to 2007
A while back I installed Office 2007 but left Word 2003 and Excel 2003 as the default programs for opening doc and xls files. A number of months later I made 2007 the default for both, but left the 2003 programs on the system. The changed default worked fine for Word 2007. Occasionally, the default for xls files would get reset to Excel 2003 for no apparent reason. I finally removed Word 2003 and Excel 2003 programs altogether. (Still have Access 2003 and OneNote 2003 since I don’t 2007 versions of those). I think I have some kind of overhang from my stepped approach to mig...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Trying to display Chinese SimSun font in Word X
I have a Word document where part of the document is in the Chinese font SimSun. It opens perfectly in Mac Office 2008 on my computer. I need to have someone else work on this document. They have a really old Mac running Mac Office X. They have installed the SimSun font and it appears to be active in the system. If they open the document in Word X the SimSun characters just appear as lines. If they open a new document and select SimSun as the font and type they get standard Roman characters. I have never really worked with a non-Roman character set before and am not sure what else to ...

Word as Email Editor #9
I have a user on a stand-alone Win XP/ Office 2K system who all of a sudden can no longer use Word as his email editor. I found KB article 223934, (link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223934) but this involves people who haven't completely removed Word 97 - that is NOT a factor on this system. Does anyone out there know any other reason why the message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." would come up? Thanks, -Monica, Dallas amethystm@hotmai...