How to now hide highlights after performing grammar check?

Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined)
areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by
the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
mode"?  THANK YOU!

The underlines the recipient sees are coming from the spelling and grammar
check in their copy of Word, not yours.

It would be far better to save the resume as a PDF file and send that -- you
don't expect the recipient to edit your resume, so why send it in an
editable format?

If a Word document is specifically requested, there is a way to prevent the
recipient's spelling and grammar checker from chewing up your prose. After
you have corrected all the spelling and grammar errors in the document (and
NOT before!), press Ctrl+A to select the entire body of the document. On the
Review tab of the ribbon, in the Proofing group at the left end, click the
Set Language button. In the dialog, check the box for "Do not check spelling
and grammar" and click OK.

The "compatibility mode" has nothing to do with spelling or grammar
checking. It simply says that you've saved the document in Word 97-2003
format but it's open in Word 2007, so features that are new in 2007 won't be
allowed in this document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Tim wrote:
> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted
> (underlined) areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a
> grammar/spell check? When forwarded via email, it appears when the
> document/resume is opened by the receipiant the highlighted
> "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a side-note, does it matter the
> final doc is saved and says "compatibality mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Jay
4/12/2010 6:15:24 PM
To suppress grammar and spell check for a document, you can do the
following: Click Tools | Options. On the Spelling & Grammar tab, select
"Hide spelling errors in this document." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined)
> areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
> When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by
> the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
> side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
> mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Stefan
4/12/2010 6:19:57 PM
I forgot to mention that you have to select "Hide grammatical errors in this
document" as well.

See also Jay's reply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To suppress grammar and spell check for a document, you can do the
> following: Click Tools | Options. On the Spelling & Grammar tab, select
> "Hide spelling errors in this document." Click OK.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted
>> (underlined)
>> areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
>> When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened
>> by
>> the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
>> side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
>> mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Stefan

Changed Titled bar and now sort doesn't default to "Header Row"
I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data field that I used to be able to sort by. After inserting a new row and re-titling each column, when I go to sort now the default comes up "No Header Row" and I have to switch it back to "Header Row". Is there something I can do to get it to default back to "Header Row" like it was before I messed it up? Excel likes to see something different that distinguishes the header row. One easy fix is to bold that header row. Steven wrote: > > I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data f...

How to check for value of node
ok, I changed "If node.Text = "Success" " to "If Not loginDom.InnerText Is Nothing ". Now, I don't get the NullReference error but the SessionID I see on screen is concatanated one. It looks like:XXXXXX=YYYYY==, but did I do wrong. Althouggh, I get the message, Satus as Success.Since, I have to use this SessionID in another click event on the same page, how do I do this.I tried, g_SessionID= loginDom.Value g_SessionID = loginDom.InnerText I noticed, I don'et get any value for Node. I appreciate your quick reply and thanku in advance. I am enclosi...

void partially applied payables checks
Must be able to void partially applied payables payments and credit memos. The need to create a dummy voucher is cumbersome and creates unnecessary GL entries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

How to freeze NOW()
Hi all, I am using the NOW() to avoid typing in the date/time of some data i am collecting. the problem is that all the cells with now get recalculated every time i enter new data in the spreadsheet. How do I "freeze" the older data so that NOW() does not get recalculated in those cells or is there a way to transform the output of now into some text so that it does not get recalculated?. thanks Rather than =NOW(), type CTRL+; (semi-colon) followed by space and then CTRL+: (colon) to get date and time as if you had typed them best wishes -- Bernard Liengme MVP Excel htt...

Last Day of a Week based on NOW()
Good evening all, Just a quick question. How would I work out what all the days in a wee are, based upon the current date. So, have 7 cells, which would work out what their date is, based o today. Example. Today is Thursday, 24th June. Monday- 21/06/2004 Tuesday - 22/06/2004 Wednesday - 23/06/2004 Thursday - 24/06/2004 Friday - 25/06/2004 Saturday - 26/06/2004 Sunday - 27/06/2004 Is this actually possible? With vague thinking, I beleive it might be but I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about working it into a formula Maybe a helper column that would place the the current date into th...

"The spell check on this document was halted."
What do I need to do on my computer to avoid the above spell check message and turn the spell check back on? -- seeking answers "sfemanuel" wrote: > What do I need to do on my computer to avoid the above spell check message > and turn the spell check back on? > -- > seeking answers ...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Stock Performers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01C83CC7.41AB6850 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Money 2007 Deluxe and have 2 questions. 1. How can I get Money to stop showing stocks I no longer own on the = Best and Worst Performers?? 2. Is there a way to get Money to stop telling me that I used a = different version on the data file in the past. One year I used the = small business version, that was years ago. I know I can check the box = when Money loads, but I hate seeing that wh...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Check boxes in a form not working
A user has a spreadsheet in which he has added checkboxes by drawing them in design mode and resizing to cover a cell. Then exits design mode and they work OK. When he protects the worksheet the check boxes are protected too. He has unlocked the control of the boxes but it still doesn't work, does he need to create the checkboxes in another way? What is he doing wrong? thanks in advance Diane It sounds like he used the checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar. Have him try this: (unprotect the sheet) Go back into design mode rightclick on the checkbox and show its properties...

Now
Hi I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula Where? When? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jill graeve" <jillgraeve@training.net.nz> wrote in message news:uoGNMj0WFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula > > > "Jill graeve" wrote > > I'm using excel and it is asking me to use NOW formula "Bob Phillips" wrote > Where? When? I'd guess... in school? Jordon "Bob Phillips" <phillips@tiscali.co.uk> skrev i melding news:e5kMjF4WFHA.2796@T...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

how do I promote the highlighted rows to the top?
As title. After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I am planing to goback to change or relook those rows. How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet? Thanks Hi harry Why don't you use Conditional formatting to highlighted a row. For example when you enter a "x" in column A. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html This way you can use AutoFilter to Filter on The "x" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "harry" <harryliuusa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVU2K8VsEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14....

now function
I got a cell A1 with a now function =now() which gives the current time. Cell A2 has a time that is entered, and cell A3 has an if function that compared if(A1>A2,"","Do Something"). However, the if statement is true all the time even if the time is cell A2 is a later time than A1. I changed the format in cell A1 from a time format to a general and it turn out to be a big number. Otherwise, I changed the time format in cell A2 into general and it is a very small decimal number. How do I get around this, may with a mod function or something? NOW gives both ...

hide system mouse cursor
Hi, How can I hide the cursor in ALL of windows? I have an implementation using Windows hooks that monitors all the mouse moves and clicks, no matter what window the mouse is in. I've been having problems finding the right code to add that makes the cursor disappear completely, but have the mouse still active. Suggestions I've received were SetSystemCursor, and ShowCursor...maybe I'm using them incorrectly but they don't work. ...

Now what?
Hi I have installed the CRM server 1.2 on a win2k server. When I try to install the CRM for outlook app, it says it is already installed. How do I now run the CRM app? Thanks Regards Sales for Outlook can't be installed on the same machine of CRM. To use CRM you need to connect to the address http://<servername>. "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:ONP4giRcEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have installed the CRM server 1.2 on a win2k server. When I try to install > the CRM for outlook app, it says it is already instal...

Check names problem
We have: dc01, fp01 (both dc's with AD repl.) and mx01 in a single domain/forest. All are Win2k3 and mx01 is running Exch 2k3 enterprise. We have around 600 user accounts. When a user is deleted, the mailbox is disconnected. If we then try to reconnect this mb to another user and open the select object app. only about 40 user objects are shown, and we cannot find the others. Anyone have any ideas, please? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The i...

Microsoft... come on now...
Ok, so many of your mac support pages lead to "page not founds". Great, thanks. On your mactopia support page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support.aspx click on "Office 2004 for Mac". Nice huh? Now, open say, Excel. Go to "Excel" in the top menu bar, click "About Excel". Now, in the resulting window click on "Support". Now, click on the first link, the one that says, "http://support.microsoft.com", which by the way isn't even the mac support page for this product, but no matter, you get a "page not found" anyway. It&...

Everything works now....
I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and credit accounts sync and are updating with the right balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate accounts....no freaky download issues. I'm sure next time I log on, Money will have turned my personal finances into a jigsaw puzzle. When you were having problems updating, what did you do to fix it? >-----Original Message----- >I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and >credit accounts sync and are updating with the right >balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate >ac...

Next Check Number Upon Company Setup
Hello: I have created a new company within my client's Great Plains 8.0 install. This includes the creation of a checkbook in Checkbook Maintenance, of course. I am concerned about the Next Check Number field. I remember that, when I first implemented Great Plains at this client and with their first company, the first payables check run grabbed all check numbers up through the check number specified in the Next Check Number field. I think the number was 100 and Great Plains printed checks for numbers 1-99 installed of starting at 100 and moving forward from there. I want to kno...

Outlook '03: 2 windows within the 1 session, but now only 1 window
I have been an Outlook '03 user for a couple of months. Following the default installation, whenever I started outlook it would by default, open two outlook windows within the outlook session. This was fabulous because it enabled you to be able have your mail open in one window and your calendar open in another. You were then able to alt+tab between etc. However, somethings happened & I now only have one window. Thus, it is generally only an active window that is started by clicking on either the mail or calendar or contacts (or any other shortcut for that matter). Am I dreaming this...

OFX statement download now need to SAVE instead of OPEN
The problem: Bank of America offers the option to download statements from their website. I used to be able to ask for the download and get the typical Internet Explorer dialog about whether to "OPEN" or "SAVE" the file. I would click "OPEN," the .OFX file would process, and Money would say "IMPORT COMPLETED." For the past several weeks, this has been broken. I can "OPEN" the file all I want, but Money does not process it. If I "SAVE" the file to my harddrive instead as a .OFX file, and then double-click on that file, Mo...

How can I check properties of incoming emails i Outlook?
As a former user of Outlook Express, I was able to check in File/Properties/General/Details to Message Source, to check on the address of the sender of an email. This was sometimes important to know. With the Outlook supplied with Microsoft Office Professional 2007, the above functions seem not to be available - have I missed some obvious route? You can right-click on the sender's name and scroll to properties to find out the email address. "ernestbeevers" <ernestbeevers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5927AC5B-B104-4AC9-8472-696982D2F68F@...