How to now hide highlights after performing grammar check?

Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined)
areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by
the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
mode"?  THANK YOU!

The underlines the recipient sees are coming from the spelling and grammar
check in their copy of Word, not yours.

It would be far better to save the resume as a PDF file and send that -- you
don't expect the recipient to edit your resume, so why send it in an
editable format?

If a Word document is specifically requested, there is a way to prevent the
recipient's spelling and grammar checker from chewing up your prose. After
you have corrected all the spelling and grammar errors in the document (and
NOT before!), press Ctrl+A to select the entire body of the document. On the
Review tab of the ribbon, in the Proofing group at the left end, click the
Set Language button. In the dialog, check the box for "Do not check spelling
and grammar" and click OK.

The "compatibility mode" has nothing to do with spelling or grammar
checking. It simply says that you've saved the document in Word 97-2003
format but it's open in Word 2007, so features that are new in 2007 won't be
allowed in this document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Tim wrote:
> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted
> (underlined) areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a
> grammar/spell check? When forwarded via email, it appears when the
> document/resume is opened by the receipiant the highlighted
> "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a side-note, does it matter the
> final doc is saved and says "compatibality mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Jay
4/12/2010 6:15:24 PM
To suppress grammar and spell check for a document, you can do the
following: Click Tools | Options. On the Spelling & Grammar tab, select
"Hide spelling errors in this document." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined)
> areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
> When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by
> the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
> side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
> mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Stefan
4/12/2010 6:19:57 PM
I forgot to mention that you have to select "Hide grammatical errors in this
document" as well.

See also Jay's reply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> To suppress grammar and spell check for a document, you can do the
> following: Click Tools | Options. On the Spelling & Grammar tab, select
> "Hide spelling errors in this document." Click OK.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted
>> (underlined)
>> areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check?
>> When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened
>> by
>> the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted.  As a
>> side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality
>> mode"?  THANK YOU!

0
Stefan

Had to restore .. and now..
I can't access a folder in excel.. When I do I get the following message.... "blah blah blah isn't accessible. This folder may be located on an unavailable volumn or protected by a password" Unfortunately when I restored, I had no way to save ANY kind of documents or folders. ...

Error Message when open Payroll Void Checks Window
Hello when i go to Transactions >> Payroll >> Void Checks i get this message: "You cannot void Payroll cheques. A computer cheque run is in process." Actually in test environment I try to browse ( UPR_WORK_MSTR) UPR10200 table and find 1 Record . if I delete it then Windows Void Checks opened properly ! The Question here : Is there Any effect if I delete this Record? If yes, what's the solution? To solve your problem goto Transactions --> Payroll --> Build Checks --> click Remove Remove the build check. When you are in process of build checks...

Testking.co.uk study guides now available with 100% money back guarantee
Testking.co.uk study guides now available with 100% money back guarantee ...

IMAP deleted messages will not HIDE, HELP!
It sometimes works and sometimes will show up. We normally can click to show IMAP messages. Then you can click HIDE messages marked for deletion and it will work fine. Today, it has not. We have rebooted PC, logged in and out and changed the View settings and it still will not hide the messages marked for deletion. Solutions? HELP... JFosdick <JFosdick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It sometimes works and sometimes will show up. We normally can click > to show IMAP messages. Then you can click HIDE messages marked for > deletion and it will work fine. Today,...

Match past check to scheduled payment
Example: I have scheduled transaction for and recently paid quarterly RE tax of $1000 on 4/16 - check # 123 but wasn't prompted " is this your scheduled payment" and couldn't chose, so accepted /entered the info into register. Scheduled payment still shows as being due on 4/30. Other than 'skip this transaction', is there a way to tell M2006 - this outstanding scheduled payment WAS paid ? If I choose the scheduled payment it shows me on bottom of popup - You did pay $1000 on 4/16, but then shows only option as paying the bill and choosing ATM debit - check numb...

Software Changed symbol for stock and now can not fix
When I turned on Microsoft Money this morning, discovered that the stock symbol on one of my stocks had been changed and it is now reporting completely wrong pricing, etc. How do I correct the stock symbol back to the correct one for the stock? I hope I do not have to delete stock and start from scratch reentering information for the last 4 years........ In microsoft.public.money, basor wrote: >When I turned on Microsoft Money this morning, discovered that the stock >symbol on one of my stocks had been changed and it is now reporting >completely wrong pricing, etc. How do I...

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

print check alignment or print checks selection
Would like an option to set the defaults to "Print Checks" or "Print Earnings Statements" so we don't have to manually change it off the alignment option when printing payroll checks/direct deposits. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

CheckBox - nextpage
I have a dialog bar, in which there are 15 (3 rows, 5 columns) images displayed. There is a checkbox under each image. I have 2 buttons - Previous Page/Next Page. The values of checkboxes in one page affects another page. For example: Page1 - I checked 2th and 6th checkbox. In Page 2, the checkboxes 17th and 21st are already checked. What do I need to do so that the values on a checkbox on a page does not affect another page? I have two solutions. But, I do not know whether they are efficient. Solution1: Keep track of each checkbox in a page. If there are N pages, I will have boolean array o...

What are the Font Dialog Check Box States for a Character Style
The font dialog box shows three states for the check boxes when used with a character style: Checked Grayed/Checked Unchecked In my experimentation, I can find no difference in behavior between Grayed/Checked and unchecked. Is there any different? Why are there three states here? You will see Grayed and Checked if the selection contains multiple characters to only some of which the particular attribute is applied. For example if you select two words, one of which is formatted as being in Small Caps and the other is not. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP ...

Subclass hiding method problem.
Hi guys, I can't wrap my head around this problem. I have two classes in a DLL that inherit from each other. They both have a method called Delete but with different parameters. If I have an instance of the subclass and try to call the delete that's defined in the superclass the compiler says "function does not take 0 arguments" here are the definitions class DllExport LSDBTable { public: bool Delete(); }; class DllExport LSDBOtherTable : public LSDBTable { public: bool Delete(long RecNo); }; void main() { LSDBOtherTable Table; ... Table.Delete...

Check queue on mail relay server?
Hi! I have a separate server to relay my e-mails to the outside world. The problem is that I can't see the queue on that server like you can if you have Exchange installed on it. Enviroment: Mailserver: Win2k Server with Exchange 2000 Relay: Win2k server with SMTP relay Reg J�rgen Persson Look for the Queue folder that is under the webroot I believe. there is no graphic user interface that you can view this with. You must view the folder where it is stored. this will show the e-mail in queue. if look around you can also find a bad mail folder that you might want to look at ...

Apple now worth more than Microsoft
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2010/05/26/apple-microsoft-market-cap.html Funny thing is while it states 10% of the world market is Apple, I bet in North America it is twice that. 1/3rd of the laptops at my work are no Macs of one type or another. Users want them because they work better. Real push on the budget as the only thing holding back going 100% Mac is the cost. Think, if Apple got their costs down to ear even a 10% premium of a MS-Windblows PC they could overnight put Microsoft in the do house. On 5/29/2010 12:00 PM, Canuck57 wrote: > http://www.cbc.ca/money/sto...

5 days from now
I need help in writing a formula (or a macro) that when a date is entered in one column, in another column, it will calculate what the date in 5 days will be (counting the date that was entered in) Saturday and Sunday are not to be counted as part of the 5 days. thanks Look at the WORKDAY function. You need to install the Analysis Tool Pak to use it. All is explained in Help. On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 15:03:40 -0800, "johnfli" <john@here.com> wrote: >I need help in writing a formula (or a macro) that when a date is entered in >one column, in another column, it will calc...

Create a button that would launch spell check
Hi there I want to create a button that when clicked would launch Access' spell check function. What would be the best way to do this? Thank you RunCommand acCmdSpelling Caveats: a) You might want to Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus b) This may not work in the runtime. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "forest8" <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06CEBBF0-95A4-41BB-9508-8EA2C08A1772...

How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big
How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big -- RichW Select outlook offline and wait 5 min. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.co...

AOL IM is affecting Outlook's performance
I find nothing in Microsofts support page that helps me with this problem. They only address Windows Instant Messenger. Anyway, I have Windows XP. After installing AOL Instant Messenger, my Outlook Express freezes up and take up to 3 minutes to open. Also, AIM opens automatically, even though I've unchecked all the boxes that makes it open by itself. I'd like to keep AIM on for my kids in their profiles if possible, but I certainly don't need it. How do I get rid of it, short of deleting the program altogether? Thank you. In Outlook Express, go to tools and choose options...

spell check unsuccessful
My outlook's spell check isn't working and displays this message everytime I send a message 'spell check unsuccessful do you still want to send the message'. I have my spell checker set to the correct default options (under Options). How do I get my spell checker to work again? ...

Spelling check #2
Is there anyway to change my Outlook Express spell checking program. It checks all my email for French Spelling and not English spelling and I need the English. Thank you, "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7d0401c3f0f0$f1f8fd70$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to change my Outlook Express spell > checking program. It checks all my email for French > Spelling and not English spelling and I need the English. > > Thank you, > > This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of p...

Check/Unchek in PopUp Menu -- Tick mark is not toggleing
Hi I am displaying a Pop Up menu on right click of List Control's Header(CListCtrl). This popup menu is having Check/Tick marks. But they are not toggleing on subsequent clicks. I am using CMenu's CheckMenuItem( ) function. Can anybody please help me? Thanx in Advance... My Code looks like.... The first Function is displaying popup menu. The second funtion is handling the click on menuitems. The code for Toggleing Check/Tick mark is in second one. BOOL CWitPlayerDlg::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam, LRESULT* pResult) { LPN...

spell and grammar check options
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I turn off the option which adds red and green underlines to questionable spelling and grammar? In the Spelling & Grammar Preferences. Go to Word> Preferences & clear the checks for 'Check spelling as you type' & 'Check grammar as you type'. Just for future reference you might try having a go at any program's Help before taking the time to search elsewhere for info about its features & how to use them. Granted, Office 2008 Help in general is significantly le...

want to uncheck "Hide spellling errors in ths document"
I've received a Word doc from someone that does not show the spelling errors. When I go to Tools/Options/Spelling & Grammar, I see that "Hide spelling errors in this document" is checked, but the check and the words are grayed out and I cannot uncheck it -- what gives? I want to uncheck that. I'm using Word 97. Jack ...

Bank of America Direct Download now available?!?
</lurk> Surprise, surprise! Was playing with the 2006 Trial earlier today, added my BoA checking account (via "Bank of America (all except CA, ..." or some such). I supplied my web credentials as presumed, but was told "product not activated". So, I followed M2006's suggested link to "get activated" and lo and behold, I am now set up for both direct download and online bill payment! To confirm, I refreshed my BoA online settings in M2004 and again, I can now download direct to where I could only export from the BoA website yesterday. Maybe it...

A97 Hide Subform Scroll Bars
I have a subform that is showing both scroll bars - though they are turned off in the actual subform they appear when its shown on the main form. Is there any way to turn them off completely? -- Kahuna ------------ is the subform in Datasheet view? if so, the ScrollBars property setting has no effect; each scroll bar will show up when the datasheet is longer and/or wider than the subform control in the main form. hth "Kahuna" <none@gonewest.com> wrote in message news:eDBgDPY7HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have a subform that is showing both scroll bars - tho...

hiding recipient 's email address without using cc or bb
I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D53910F1-21BF-4435-9A5D-5ADB13A1CD73@microsoft.com... >I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email. Where do you want this displayed? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook ...