How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page

Hi,

Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display
only if there is more than one pages.

ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the
moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear.

Please help me out of this

Regards,
Akhil

You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer

{IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}}

It will work in any version
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display
> only if there is more than one pages.
>
> ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the
> moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear.
>
> Please help me out of this
>
> Regards,
> Akhil

0
Graham
12/16/2009 9:28:53 AM
You could use "Different First Page" headers and put the page number
only in the regular-pages header. (You have to temporarily cause your
template to have more than one page in order to access the second
header, but you can then remove the second page and the header
property will remain.)

On Dec 16, 3:32=A0am, Akhil <Ak...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number displa=
> only if there is more than one pages.
>
> ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the
> moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear.
>
> Please help me out of this
>
> Regards,
> Akhil

0
Peter
12/16/2009 3:06:47 PM
Thanks Mayor,

Can you please elaborate....

I tried entering the string "IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}" in the field, and
updated the field. But nothing hapens.. just blank.

Regard,
Akhil

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer
>
> {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}}
>
> It will work in any version
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display
> > only if there is more than one pages.
> >
> > ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the
> > moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear.
> >
> > Please help me out of this
> >
> > Regards,
> > Akhil
>

> .

These are fields. You must enter the curly brackets as pairs with CTRL+F9
{ IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}}
You cannot simply copy and paste or type them from the keyboard
You would enter CTRL+F9
{}
In between the brackets type IF CTRL+F9
{IF {}}
In between the new brackets type NUMPAGES
{IF {NUMPAGES}}
etc ...
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Thanks Mayor,
>

> Can you please elaborate....
>
> I tried entering the string "IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}" in the field, and
> updated the field. But nothing hapens.. just blank.
>

> Regard,
> Akhil
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer
>>
>> {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}}
>>
>> It will work in any version
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number
>> > display
>> > only if there is more than one pages.
>> >
>> > ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the
>> > moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear.
>> >
>> > Please help me out of this
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Akhil
>>

>> .

0
Graham
12/17/2009 12:38:55 PM
Also, you would expect to see nothing if the document is only one page long.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

0
Suzanne
12/17/2009 1:18:41 PM
True. LOL

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Also, you would expect to see nothing if the document is only one page
> long.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> These are fields. You must enter the curly brackets as pairs with CTRL+F9
>> { IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}}
>> You cannot simply copy and paste or type them from the keyboard
>> You would enter CTRL+F9
>> {}
>> In between the brackets type IF CTRL+F9
>> {IF {}}
>> In between the new brackets type NUMPAGES
>> {IF {NUMPAGES}}
>> etc ...
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Mayor,
>>>

>>> Can you please elaborate....
>>>
>>> I tried entering the string "IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}" in the field, and
>>> updated the field. But nothing hapens.. just blank.
>>>

>>> Regard,
>>> Akhil

0
Graham
12/17/2009 1:28:25 PM
Thanks Mayor,

Worked really fine.. :) one more thing is there a way i can concatinate 2
items in the field... What i want is like {PAGE} ({NOOFPAGES}) so that the
text will appear as 1(2) if there are two pages..

Thanks a lot for helping..

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> These are fields. You must enter the curly brackets as pairs with CTRL+F9
> { IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}}
> You cannot simply copy and paste or type them from the keyboard
> You would enter CTRL+F9
> {}
> In between the brackets type IF CTRL+F9
> {IF {}}
> In between the new brackets type NUMPAGES
> {IF {NUMPAGES}}
> etc ...
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Mayor,
> >

> > Can you please elaborate....
> >
> > I tried entering the string "IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}" in the field, and
> > updated the field. But nothing hapens.. just blank.
> >

> > Regard,
> > Akhil
> >

> > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
> >
> >> You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer
> >>
> >> {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}}
> >>
> >> It will work in any version
> >> --
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >>
> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >>

> >> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Thanks a looottt for all those who helped me....

Thanks a lot Mayor..

i created 4 fields one for the Page number, one for "(" , one for No of
pages and the last for ")" and got the exat what i need.... 2(4)         :)

Thanks & regards,
Akhil

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> True. LOL
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Also, you would expect to see nothing if the document is only one page
> > long.
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > http://word.mvps.org
> >
> > "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> >> These are fields. You must enter the curly brackets as pairs with CTRL+F9
> >> { IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}}
> >> You cannot simply copy and paste or type them from the keyboard
> >> You would enter CTRL+F9
> >> {}
> >> In between the brackets type IF CTRL+F9
> >> {IF {}}
> >> In between the new brackets type NUMPAGES
> >> {IF {NUMPAGES}}
> >> etc ...
> >> --
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >>
> >> My web site www.gmayor.com
> >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >>

> >> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

You need:
{IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 "{PAGE}({NUMPAGES})" }

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Thanks Mayor,
>
> Worked really fine.. :) one more thing is there a way i can concatinate 2
> items in the field... What i want is like {PAGE} ({NOOFPAGES}) so that the
> text will appear as 1(2) if there are two pages..
>
> Thanks a lot for helping..
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Akhil
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> These are fields. You must enter the curly brackets as pairs with CTRL+F9
>> { IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}}
>> You cannot simply copy and paste or type them from the keyboard
>> You would enter CTRL+F9
>> {}
>> In between the brackets type IF CTRL+F9
>> {IF {}}
>> In between the new brackets type NUMPAGES
>> {IF {NUMPAGES}}
>> etc ...
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Akhil" <Akhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Mayor,
>> >

>> > Can you please elaborate....
>> >
>> > I tried entering the string "IF {NUMPAGES} > 1 {PAGE}" in the field,
>> > and
>> > updated the field. But nothing hapens.. just blank.
>> >

>> > Regard,
>> > Akhil

>> .

0
Graham

Make Default

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Remove Manual Page Break
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003. Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the page break outside of the page break preview area." When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or down. I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area." I know that I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to "remove the page break." However, I am intrigued by the dragging option described in the help section. Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page break line out...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making tickets

Show buttons on one row grayed out
I am using OL 2003 and trying to customize it a bit. When I clicked the arrow at the end of the standard toolbar. I noticed the option to "Show buttons on one row". Unfortunately, I also noticed that it was grayed out, and unuseable. Both rows buttons could easily fit on one row. Could somebody tell me how to make use of the option to show them on one row? Thanks. Sorry, I was wanting it to put the standard toolbar and the advanced toolbar on the same row. I have now added most of the items of the advanced toolbar to the standard bar. That did the trick. "Bob S" ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Several Pivot Charts One Sheet of Data
Is there an easy way to create several pivot charts off of one database in the same document? Everytime I change one chart, the others change too. The pivot chart and pivot table are linked, so changing one changes the other. Copy your pivot table, and make a new chart based on the copy. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "michelerocks" <michelerocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92A0209-F5CB-4120-B255-5E867625D8A7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to create severa...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Is there a formula to find one phrase in a selection?
Hey again, Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase in a selection? I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of looks like this: |Monday| Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) Period 2:| S | Period 3:| A | So basically, if they have one or more "S"s, we can count them as being present for the day. I need the formula to find out if there is an "S" in that column, and if there is, I need it ...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

Excel inside HTML Page
I'm trying to put the contents of an excel document into a HTML/PHP/ASP page. But what I'm trying to achieve is when the exce document gets changed I would also like it to change in th HTML/ASP/PHP document. If this possible somehow?? -- aclarke_3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aclarke_31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3114 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50803 -bump to the top- -- aclarke_31 --------------------------------------------------------------...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...