how to keep tables on one page automatically

An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might have
solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows the
links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I try
to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be said
in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe.
Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous.

If you're asking how to keep a table on one page, one way to do it is
to select all but the last row and mark them "Keep With Next" in the
Paragraph Formatting panel.

If you're complaining about Windows 7, this is the wrong place.

If you're complaining about Word2007, all the old keyboard shortcuts
still work.

Adobe doesn't make "Office 7."

On Dec 6, 7:16=A0am, iancb <ia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might hav=
> solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows=
 the
> links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I =
try
> to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be s=
aid
> in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe.
> Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous.

0
Peter
12/6/2009 1:35:25 PM
See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/keeptableon1page.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On Dec 6, 7:16 am, iancb <ia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might have
> solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows
> the
> links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I
> try
> to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be
> said
> in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe.
> Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous.

0
Stefan
12/6/2009 1:46:36 PM
It isn't a bully pulpit for you to pass judgment concerning another person's
courtesy or quality of expression either, but that hasn't stopped you.

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
If you're asking how to keep a table on one page, one way to do it is
to select all but the last row and mark them "Keep With Next" in the
Paragraph Formatting panel.

If you're complaining about Windows 7, this is the wrong place.

If you're complaining about Word2007, all the old keyboard shortcuts
still work.

Adobe doesn't make "Office 7."

On Dec 6, 7:16 am, iancb <ia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> An age old question but one which in my foolishness I though MS might have
> solved with Office 7. But how many of you have found the page which shows
> the
> links between old commands and new. I'd like to include it here but if I
> try
> to find it I will navigate away. Just about the only thing which can be
> said
> in MS's favor about Office 7 questions is that MS is better than Adobe.
> Otherwise the amount of time wasted is horrendous.

0
Greg
12/6/2009 2:04:19 PM
How is telling someone this isn't a bully pulpit for one to pass judgment
concerning another person's courtesy or quality of expression not doing the
exact same thing you're accusing them of doing? Isn't that a bit
contradictory?

"Greg Maxey" <gmaxey@mIKEvICTORpAPAsIERRA.oSCARrOMEOgOLF> wrote in message
> It isn't a bully pulpit for you to pass judgment concerning another
> person's courtesy or quality of expression either, but that hasn't stopped
> you.

0
Beth

Showing user defined fields on a table in a form
Is there a way to program a form to show in a table in a subform the fields the user selects? Or a way for a button to populate that table with predefined fields or using Tabledef? On Nov 21, 7:39 am, Akilah <Aki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to program a form to show in a table in a subform the fields > the user selects? Or a way for a button to populate that table with > predefined fields or using Tabledef? Can you provide a little more detail because I think the answer's 'yes' but it's hard to tell! On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:39:02...

Add Record two table
Hi Guys, I have a common field (ProjectNumber) in two table.Between table there is one to many relationship. I have a form to add new ProjectNumber with other information. What i want is that, when i add new projectNumber it should add to both the table. Thanks & Regards Hi Nad, The correct process is for a ProjectNumber to be added to only the Project table when a new project is added. A common way to set this up is to have the main form bound to the table on the one side of the relationship and the subform bound to the table on the many side of the relationship. To add new proj...

Football League Table Spreadsheet
Hi, Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong section but it is my first post. I am looking to use a spreadsheet to contain a league table and fixture list for a church league which has ten teams playing each other twice in a season. I want to be able to just add the scores in to the fixture list and have the table update itself accordingly. I want the table to have columns for the following: Played/Won/Lost/Drawn/Goals For/Goals Against/Goal Difference/Points I will be using Excel 2002. Many thanks...Gracust -- gracust ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Help with printing one name on a report
On my Form that has No Record Source I have a Combo Box [cmbHorsePlanner] that has a row source SELECT qryHorseNameActive.HorseID, qryHorseNameActive.Name FROM qryHorseNameActive; And next to that Combo Box I have a Print control that prints my form that I only want the one name that I select from my Combo Box My Report is rptHorsePlanner, I suppose I will need a requery or Dirty so I can change selections to print a Report! Thanks for any Help...........Bob Bob, What is the Record Source of the report. Assuming your report is based on a query, then I think all you will need to do i...

Queries with Linked Tables
I have created two tables that are imported to an excel spread sheet which I have linked to an Access Database. I have created a field that links both tables and when I create a query for the two joined tables The joined table doesn't return any information. My question centers around what am I missing? What seems like a simple select query does not return values. My tables both have a distinct ID number that are joined when the primary table matches only the secondary table where the joined fields are matched. On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:13:02 -0800, PeterPfaffJCI <PeterPf...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Changing the way you navigate through a table
Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to have the enter key move you down to the next cell in the column, as opposed to over to the next cell in the row. Thanks. This newsgroup supports Microsoft Access. It sounds like you're working in a spreadsheet. Try one of those newsgroups... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Amanda" <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DD4AEF8-B70D-484C-B2F8-88B978FF5E11@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am wondering if there is a way to have the enter key move you down to > the > next cell in ...

Page break says it has been inserted but does not respond
I have inserted a page break into my worksheet but it does not respond. The taskbar says that it is there but it does not show up Go the Print Preview and see. Jaleel "Granite_Plow" wrote: > I have inserted a page break into my worksheet but it does not respond. The > taskbar says that it is there but it does not show up Are you looking for a dotted line on your sheet where the page break should be? Tools>Options>View. Checkmark in "Page Break" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:08:01 -0700, Granite_Plow <Granite_Plow@discussions.m...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Forms -Add one more field
I am using outlook 2003 XP Pro I am happy with the standard default setup of Outlook. I wanted to add one more field to the main contacts view. i.e. Products So that we can add what products the customer has bought from us in the past and we can use that field for mailmerge. can anyone help me out on that. I am new to forms and don't know how to use it, hence don't want to take a wrong step just in case I mess things up. Appreciate your help and a prompt response. When you are viewing your contacts, you can right click on either of the fields already showing (i.e. full name,...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

email problem with one user
Hello, I have a client using Outlook 2003 on a SBS 2003 server. The users has an exchange internal e-mail of USER1-5.MAIL.local and POP3 external e-mail USER1-5.INTERNET.COM. For most of the users the e-mail works the way it is suppose to. But one of the user sends an email to one recipient the e-mail is generated with the POP3 e-mail address but if the e-mail is created with multiple recipients for some reason the exchange internal is used. I have talked with the user and she does not do anything special when creating e-mail when it is for one person or multiple people. She does n...

Import applet code in a HTML web page?
Excel 2002: When I try to import a web page (HTML) that contains an applet I don't get any reply at all. Instead it runs tha applet in the import window and no data is imported inte Excel. I want to import all the text in the HTML file, including the applet code. I want to get the same information as I get when I use a web browser and choose "View/Source". There the applet already have fetched a lot of data and it is that data I want to import into Excel. How do I prevnt the applet to start so I can get the text instead? I hope someone can help me? -- Rixn ...

Reading Excel data from web pages
How can I read Excel cells' contents from a web page (HTML, ASP, etc)? ...

Create Table Script with Variable
Hello all, Is it possible to do the following when creating a table? I've tried but it creates the table called @CompanyPrefix_STAFF not JY_STAFF. Any help would be great. Regards declare @CompanyPrefix varchar(5) SET @CompanyPrefix = 'JY' CREATE TABLE [dbo].[@CompanyPrefix_STAFF] ( [Col1] [int] NOT NULL , [Col2] [int] NOT NULL , [Col3] [int] NULL , [Col4] [int] NULL , [Col5] [int] NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO Hi Jon, You'll need to switch to using a dynamic SQL statement (ie: EXEC a string) to do that. Regards, Greg "Jon" <...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Sequentially number lines automatically

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...