How to go back after jumping to a cross reference.

I am using Word 2007.

I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to its
source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.

Is there a way to jump back?

Thanks.

-=John

You could add the "Back" button to the QAT and use that. You can find it
under "Commands Not in the Ribbon".

Yves

"jrr" <jrr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Word 2007.
>
> I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to
> its
> source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.
>
> Is there a way to jump back?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -=John

1
Yves
1/14/2010 7:16:36 PM
Press Alt+Left arrow (which by default is assigned to the WebGoBack
command).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jrr" <jrr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Word 2007.
>
> I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to
> its
> source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.
>
> Is there a way to jump back?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -=John

0
Stefan
1/14/2010 7:17:49 PM
jrr wrote:
> I am using Word 2007.
>
> I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point
> to its source by control-clicking on the cross reference field.
>
> Is there a way to jump back?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -=John

Alt+left arrow, just like in a browser.

Or right-click the Quick Access Toolbar, choose Customize, select the All
Commands category, and add the Back button to the toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay
1/14/2010 7:22:28 PM
ALT+ Left Arrow works for me.
Hello Jay,

Thank you for the detailed instructions for how to update the Quick Access
Toolbar. Using detailed and full descriptions (without acronyms) made your
response understandable, and I was able to add the button.

How do I back up autocorrects to CD?
Operating system is Windows Vista. Microsoft Word is 2003. How can I back up my autocorrects onto a CD? Download the template from http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ExportAutocorrect.htm. Use the backup utility it contains to write your AutoCorrect entries to a document, which you should save to your hard drive first, and then burn that file to the CD. (Don't try to save the document directly to CD, bacause that could corrupt the document.) If you need to restore the entries, run the utility again and point the Restore function at the CD file. -- Regards...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Write-Back Cache
Is anyone ot there using write-back cache on there ARRAY controllers.? Right now I have an Exchange system using a HP MSA 1000 SAN to house Exchange Databases, stores, etc. I have read in some books and some blogs that you should put write-back cache at 100% on the array controller and there is a great perfromance gain? Does anybody have anything to add? i.e. good idea, how much perfromance increase, etc? Thanks, KJK Write-back cache should only be enabled if the array controller is battery-backed. It should be a decent performance gain. As I understand it, enabling write-back cach...

How do I reference another workbook in VB?
Hello, Say I have this command in a sheet's VB code: Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Select Now instead of referencing Sheet1 in the current workbook, I want to reference Sheet1 in OtherWorkbook.xls. How can I make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated! =) -Mike Mike You could do something like this... Dim wbOther as workbook Set wbOther = Workbooks.Open( "C:\YourPath\OtherWorkbook.xls") wbOther.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Select If it's open then just Workbooks("OtherWorkbook").Sheets(...... Will suffice ...

Any way to set up a Cross-Reference for products table ?
Hi I have a products table that contains approx 10,000 records. There are many products that may be substituted for others. For example, Maytag makes a pump for a dishwasher. But there are several other non- Maytag companies that make replacement pumps for the Maytag. I set up a cross reference in another database program but I don't know how to accomplish this using Access. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark On May 9, 4:17 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Try using a many-to-many relationship like belo...

Backing up and restoring
I am using the built in ntbackup.exe to do backups of our exchange server. When this was setup I used the "online" backup because I was told it was more reliable. This is the one where you simply check the exchange server to backup from ntbackup and it does the rest. Does the online backup also backup everyone's email/calendars or is it only backing up the account information? spamtrap@myplaceinspace.com wrote: > I am using the built in ntbackup.exe to do backups of our exchange > server. When this was setup I used the "online" backup because I was > tol...

Add web reference CrmSdk
Hi there, How do i add web reference CrmSdk in visual studio 2005? thanx in advanced ...

Stop cross references from picking up formatting from source text
In Word 2003, I am inserting cross references to my headings. The heading styles have 6pt of space before. The cross references pick up this 6pt of space, even though they are contained in a different style. How can I stop them from picking up this space before? -- SuMi Is the spacing before added to the headings as direct formatting or part of the style? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SuMi" <SuMi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA000EF7-9592-4EC2-A8D2-73D14E1...

CRM Navigation Bar Error Returning Back to Home
I am using CRM 1.2 and and having problems using the web interface. I got an "error on page" error when I press the Home button in the navigation bar at the bottom. Regards, Abdullah, Hello! This normally happens when you are using XP SP2 and do not have installed the MSCRM patches for XP SP2. -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for MSCRM Related Documents for MSCRM "Abdullah SEN" <abdullah.sen@caretta.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:O0ShlXv9EHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Giving dialog box control back to user during processing?
Hi, I've developed a basic dialog program using the MFC foundation wizard. Upon pushing one of the buttons, a time consuming processing is invoked, during which the user cannot access the 'Cancel' pushbutton, nor can the processing in question update any fields in the dialog box. It can update the progress bar however. In order to release the window during this time consuming processing to allow the user to cancel the processing, do I have to create a separate thread? Will OnIdol() be a feasible option? Are there any simpler options that I'm overlooking? Thanks Rob On ...

Outlook should check message text for reference to attachments
It is often embarrassing to find after you have sent an important message that you have forgotten to attach the files that you referred to in the message. As attachments are often referred to in the body of the message e.g. "please find attached...", Outlook could check for certain words "attached, attachment, enclosed... etc" when the send button is pressed and then show a reminder if these words are in the message but no files have been attached. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

How to turn off NDRs that are being bounced back to the Internet
We are running into a major issue where spammers are dumping ten's of thousands of messages into are Exchange system daily which are to recipients who do not exist in the global address list. The IMS/bridgehead server attempts to bounce these messages back to their originating point, but, as is typical with this type of junk, the mail hosts are either fictitious or unwilling/unable to accept the bounced messages. Rather than wasting time, effort, network resources, etc. on these messages, is there a way to configure the IMS/bridgehead server to just delete these messages and not...

How do I get my toolbar back ?
The toolbar for my current project has disappeared from the ResourceView (VS6), when I open the tree for 'ToolBars' it has IDR_MAINFRAME but all that is shown is the icons available (res\Toolbar.bmp). Any idea where's it gone to and how I get it back ? :) -- Flip Did you accidentally delete it? If so you will have to put it in all over again. Check your .rc file to see if any part of this is still in there IDR_TOOLBAR1 BITMAP "res\\toolbar.bmp" IDR_TOOLBAR1 TOOLBAR 16, 15 BEGIN BUTTON ID_for first button BUTTON ID_...

Sorting lists with references
How do a sort a list that contains references/formulas? (I want the reference to follow the row as it is "sorted around"..) Excel does't seem to want to sort a list containg formulas, it will only sort lists with numerical values.. Thanks! -- jonfu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonfu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28193 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477281 janfu, If you want to sort based on the column of formulas, first copy the column with th...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...

advice on reverting back to office 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Because of the way that Word, Excel, and PP handle pasted graphics (converting them into pictures) I needed to revert back to Office 2004 which does not strip imbedded codes from the pictures. This is a very irritating feature, but that is another topic. To solve this problem I removed Word 2008, and installed from the original disk Word 2004. I was using it seamlessly with the rest of Office 2008 until a day or two ago when the most recent Office 2008 update came along. Now whenever I start Word 2004 it tells me that t...

Office must be able to connect to the Internet to use Reference To
We are behind a proxy firewall that prompts for userid and passwords for connection to the internet. The reference tools in Office 2008 do not work without connection to the internet. They do not attempt to connect thru the proxy, just give the error that you are not connected to the internet. Is there any fix or workaround for this? Thanks. Jeff ...

cell reference question
I'm as new to Excel as can be, so be gentle. When making reference to a certain cell (say, Cell J60, containing a total), what's the difference between using =J60 and $J$60. I've read about this in the Microsoft KB but I don't have enough experience to understand it. Can you put it in as simple terms as possible for me? A million Thank You's! "Island Girl" <IslandGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20A76CA9-F60A-4E7C-BB4D-22A38B6FE68A@microsoft.com... > what's the difference between using =J60 and $J$60 $J$60 is what is...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

Types of cell references?
I'm (as usual) floundering in the Office 2007 Help files. In the description of the Indirect function, the following appears: A1 is a logical value that specifies what type of reference is contained in the cell ref_text. If a1 is TRUE or omitted, ref_text is interpreted as an A1-style reference. If a1 is FALSE, ref_text is interpreted as an R1C1-style reference. So what exactly is a A1-style reference? I assume the R1C1-reference is a row/column reference (such as B3)? I swear, trying to search for things like this in the Help is a complete waste of time. You assume incorrectly....