How to get rid of pop-up question boxes (form fields) in Word 2007

I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on the
template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These were
pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of existing
form fields.

Thanks,
FinnLisa

Please see replies in your previous thread on this subject.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"FinnLisa" <FinnLisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a template for Word 2007 based on a customized Word 2003
> template. When I double-click the .dotx file to open a new file based on
> the
> template, I get several boxes asking me for document name, etc. (These
> were
> pertinent to the 2003 template but are no longer needed.) Are these form
> fields? How do I delete them? I have the Developer tab enabled and have
> looked in the Controls group but can't figure out how to get rid of
> existing
> form fields.
>
> Thanks,
> FinnLisa

0
Suzanne

Filling More than one field a combobox selection
I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table What I would like to do is for the user to look up Suburb by typing into the combo box and populate the state and postcode fields on selection. Am I going about this the right way? See www.allenbrowne.com. He has an excellent search function exactly like you need. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Avid Fan" wrote: > I have a simple Address Form Suburb, State, PostCode > > Suburb is a combobox linked to a Post code table > &...

How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box?
How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box? It depends on the dialog box. If you want to show an inbuilt excel dialog box then: dlgAnswer = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show will show the FileOpen dialog box. Search help for the other built in dialog boxes to replace xlDialogOpen. If you want to get simple information from the user you could use InputBox. Otherwise you can design your own forms to show to the user by inserting a UserForm in the Visual Basic Editor and using the MyFormName.show in your macro. Neal "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.m...

how do I print doublesided 2up on a4 on a form consisting of 4 a5
I am practicing a mock exam on publisher2003 professional and am struggling to print an application form to be printed as a double sided 2 up on a4 paper folded across the application form will consist of 4 a5 pages? Setup your printer for A4, setup your page as a booklet. I can't quite understand the 2 up part. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tommyk" <tommyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A66AE0F8-3AB6-42C8-A116-47652D88C4AB@microsoft.com... >I am practicing a mock exam on...

Outlook 2007 Filter.txt file???
All: Does Outlook 2007 have a viewable list of filters like previous versions of Outlook? The reason I ask is that a corporate wide e-mail was considered junk mail by several people's junk mail filters and upper management wants to know why... I've had this happen before when someone sent an e-mail saying, "Over 1800 customers...." and Outlook 2003 filter saw "Over 18" and considered it junk mail. How can I determine why an e-mail was considered junk? The email was sent internally, on same domain, same exchange box, etc... Thanks! No there is no viewable lis...

excel 2007 01-20-10
when selecting a row, how do you change highlighted color...mine is now clear and hard to see...would like to change to blue..How do you achieve?? ...

Get $5 Now
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

How to make MRP consider field service demand
On GP 9, how can we have MRP consider field service demand. We enter service calls and have inventory on backorder on these service calls but MRP does not consider it. Any input is welcome on how others have handled this. Thank you. ...

Copying/pasting text to text box and exporting as webpage
With Publisher 2003 when I copy text from a webpage and paste it into a text box in Publisher 2003, it shows up fine, and is in the same format as the original. But, when I try to use the "Publish to the Web" feature and create a webpage out of it, and see a preview of it in a web browser, the text runs off the edge of the page. How can I get the text to stay within bounds of the text box I created? I am trying to redo a series of webpages I created without having to type the content all over again. I would like to do this without turning the text into a "picture". ...

upgrade to 2007 can't find exsiting website
I just upgrade from microsoft office 2003 to 2007 office enterprise, my operating system is visita. I'm trying to get my website from 2003, it comes in but none of my pictures,background,pages. doesn't show. I've uninstall the software and installe it again, hopeing this would fix the problem. I'm at a lost here. someone please help. I think Microsoft should let office 2003 run with visita, instead running out to buy some software that suppose to be compatiable. this is a waste of money. Office 2003 SP2 & SP3 will run on Vista. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giorda...

Quick E2K3 CAL Question
Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply have forwarding contact objects. Thanks, Fred In news:uBJaj0yeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Fred Yarbrough <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> typed: > Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We > have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply > have forwarding contact objects. > > Thanks, > Fred Nope. I'd check with the Microsoft Licensing for an accurate answer. I don't believe s...

File transferring question
Dear all, can anybody show me example on how to send file from source to destination (through network) by bytes and save it as a file? thank you Are you wanting to know how to copy (or move) a file from one location to another? "Bryan Gan" <cygan@myopensys.com> wrote in message news:edZDEuDQDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > can anybody show me example on how to send file from source to destination > (through network) by bytes and save it as a file? > thank you > > ...

Small Business 2006 Discount Question
I'm use to using quickbooks and it has a field on the invoices to show a discount given to clients or customers. How do I show this on Money? I'm sure they didn't fail to include a place for discounts. Can somone tell me how this is done? thank you Marilene ...

Can't send or receive email after installing Outlook 2007 SP1
I've installed office 2007 sp1 last night, and immediately after rebooting, I could no longer send or receive email. I get the error message that Outlook could not connect to host. To test this, I uninstalled SP1, and I could once again send and receive email. I've got an IMAP and POP3 account configured. ...

no notification from list control when check box selected?
hi there i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any item is there a specific notification sent to the owner when the user checks/unchecks an item? or do i watch for the more general LVN_ITEM_CHANGED notification (which doesn't seem to give info specific to checking/unchecking - the closest thing seems to be a State Image Mask change)? tia bhu >i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON >(LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) > >i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any ...

Save data entered into a form
Hi, I am new to access 2003 and have been training myself. I have created a form based on 2 tables. I have both bound and unbound boxes within the form. I have a search command button which allows the user to quickly search through the records to find the correct record and allows data entry into each text box but when i save the form, all the data entered into the form is lost and the form opens at the first record again. I have tried to apply a filter which works, but I still cannot save the data entered into the text box fields. I am sure it is a simple expression i need t...

Questions concerning OLAP Cubes
This functionality is in Excel but I'm not sure if this is the appropriate group to ask the question. Please redirect me to a better group if appropriate. I've used the functionality contained with Excel to create an OLAP Cube for analysis in pivot tables and charts. {Data | Get External Data etc. } This creates a file with the "cub" extension. Suppose I send this cube to another person. How do they open it in Excel, without re-running the query? Do they need the original Excel file? Comparing this functionality with alternate tools like say Cognos. I notice that Cognos can...

copy a list of items from word and paste in cell
In previous versions of Excel I was able to cut and paste lists created in word and insert them into an excel cell while maintaining the list format. I am trying to do that now in my XP version and it won't even let me paste It works for me in XP. What specifically are you doing? -- neopolitan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484267 ...

get rid of theme fonts in font dropdown
having 'theme fonts' always appearing at the top of the fonts dropdown is annoying as well as making me mouse more (as if it isn't bad enough how much more mousing the damn 2007 requires) any way to get rid of it? tnx Word is a style driven application. If you format the document with styles rather than use manual formatting, there should be little need to use the fonts dialog. There is no way I am aware of to remove the theme fonts from the top of the fonts list, but you can clear the recently used fonts list by editing the registry. Copy and paste the following t...

Remembering which fields to search in HQ
Store Ops does it, but HQ doesn't. I use the 'Find' window for locating customers. The 'Find' window doesn't remember which fields I like to search. It's a little thing that's a big problem with my bookkeeping staff. Can you say 'Hot Fix'? Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

Question about an xpath depending on two xml nodes

how do I import my Comcast Int address to outlook in box?
I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook? You should be able to set up a profile for each one through the Control Panel, look for the Mail icon. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "AprilWard" wrote: > I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and > one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook?...

Word 2007
Hi, I have installed word 2007, if i click the doc file, the word 2007 is not opening directly. its tells the error that your file in in error and not a valid win32 file.But the new file which i created by word 2007 its opening. Old file only is getting error. Before that i installed MS works. Thanks karthick wrote: >Hi, >I have installed word 2007, if i click the doc file, the word 2007 is not >opening directly. its tells the error that your file in in error and not a >valid win32 file.But the new file which i created by word 2007 its opening. >Old file on...

Can I create a sub-table for one certain field?
The table I've created has a sub-table already, but I'd like to make another sub-table just for one column. Can I do this? For example, my table is called projects. It has a sub-table connected called tasks. One of my fields in my projects table is called project name. In that field or column, I'd like to add a sub-table called project name list. It sounds like you are trying to do this working directly in the tables. If so, stop now! Access is not a spreadsheet. The things you learned to do in Excel, you'll need to unlearn, if you want to get good use from A...

Wpf
I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really explains it. <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the M's, Ls and z's. I have seen this shown ...

i can't get this formula to work
i'm trying to write a formula where if the cell below it minus the active cell is -21< x > -23 then write one, else leave it blank. so here's what i got so far, i think i'm just getting the parentheses wrong =if((AND((c2-c1)*24)<-21,((c2-c1)*24)>-23),1,"") i tried writing a simpler formula along the same lines and this one works =if((AND(j3<-21,j3>-23)),1,"") Hi Kyle Try =IF(AND((C2-C1)*24<-21,(C2-C1)*24>-23),1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier kyle wrote: > i'm trying to write a formula where if th...