how to enter a word table into a thread on the internet

I am trying to enter a word table into a forum thread but everything I copy
and paste it makes a big mess of the numbers and the columns aren't there.

It's possible that the forum only accepts the plain text format.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"happydaycaremomma" <happydaycaremomma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E54A7235-6DB0-43D5-B9D1-9E2395533CD1@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to enter a word table into a forum thread but everything I copy
> and paste it makes a big mess of the numbers and the columns aren't there.

0
Stefan

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Pivot Table #62
Can I make form different Pivot Tables in two different sheets One, new pivot table? If I can - how? Please help me -- kind regards! ...

Spelling takes about 3 minutes to pass any single word check
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

Pasting chart on word
I can not copy a chart from excel and paste it in word but I can do the same with excel tables. Sorry: this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word, or one related to Excel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "imran" <imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A02349E3-DE9D-4A80-B283-026B3115AA86@microsoft.com... >I can not copy a chart from exce...

"Can't open this item" in Outlook outbox for Internet addresses
I've got an Exchange 5.5 server SP4 on NT4 running normally for years. Recently when users send email to Internet addresses the email gets "stuck" in the Outlook outbox. When one tries to delete the message there is no response from Outlook. When one tries to open the message the message "Can't open this item" is displayed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Internet Mail Service on the server with no result. But, when I stop and restart all of the Exchange services something happens: the message still cannot be sent but I can open it and delete it. Hel...

copying from Word to Excel
I am trying to copy a line of data from a Word document into an Excel cell. When doing so it is configured incorrectly. In the box where normally you would find the cell address such as B58, it says OLE-LINK2 and I can't seem to remove it. Does anyone know what this is? Hi if you don't need a link just copy the data in Word and insert it with 'Edit - Paste special' (and choose something like 'Text only') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ann" <ann@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F296D6C-CAB1-4A41-8E96-89EB94E4C53C...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Linked Table
Good Evening, Can anyone help me, please? I working with a linked table on Access and one of the column are set as text but I want to change to Memo but it is not allowing to do it. Best Regards, Vanessa Simmonds You can't change the field properties of Linked tables. You have to make that change from within the "parent", i.e., the file you are linking to. -- HTH, George "Vanessa Simmonds" <VanessaSimmonds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BDD291-284E-49D9-8ACA-09347CC5A48A@microsoft.com... > Good Evening, > > Can anyone h...

unwanted formatting (Word 2007)
Hello, I have a template in Word 2007 that does a mailmerge with a .CSV file. The CSV file contains fields with document names (p.e. "ST 900.docx"). During the merge, the contents of these small documents is inserted. The documents are made in Courier 12. The template is also in Courier 12 and the default font in Normal.dotx is also Courier 12. After the merge, in the "output" document, the layout of the inserted text is completely messed up: in one line the font changes from Courier to Times New Roman and back and the text will be bold where it is not in the ...

PIVOT TABLE ALL option
Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page fields in a pivot table?? Nope... All is there to stay... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Aman" wrote: > Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page > fields in a pivot table?? > As Jim said, you can't remove the "All" option in the page field. With programming, you could select another item if the user selects "All". For example, the following code is stored on the worksheet's code module: Right-click the sheet tab, and choose Vi...

Data Table in Clustered Column Charts
I have created a pivot table with these data: Count of User Year Unit 2006 Grand Total A 10 10 B 8 8 C 7 7 Grand Total 25 25 After that I created a Clustered Column Chart, and I am able to create a data table with the values as shown from the table. I would like to include another set of data as follow: Unit percentage A 1.27% B 10.39% C 70.00% Is there any way that I can include these data (which is in the same excel screen) in the same graph? ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

I keep getting dialog box is open error in Word 2003.
Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is open. I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? Disable the Office Plug-in option in Norton Antivirus (or other AV that you may be using). -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tracey F" <Tracey F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01911FF2-10AB-43A6-9BBB-4E630A886D38@microsoft.com... > Everytime I go into MS Word I get an error that says my dialog box is > open. > I have to click ok then I can go in. How can I get rid of this error? ...

Why does Word crash?

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Is it possible to track changes in Publisher 2003 as in Word ?
I wish to use the tracking facility in Word in Publisher 2003, however I cannot seem to work out how to do it. Can anyone help ? No can do. "sallyh8" <sallyh8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7CD55BB-F646-4C3C-BD80-69606BDACDA2@microsoft.com... >I wish to use the tracking facility in Word in Publisher 2003, however I > cannot seem to work out how to do it. Can anyone help ? ...

Attachment error opening Word in Outlook
Error of : The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: * Check the file permissions fo rthe document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document. The file does eventually open after three error boxes pop up. It is not an HTML file or anything listed on the knowledgebase. Anyone have any ideas? If not, probably will reinstall office 2000. ...

Word Template Integration With AD
Hopefully someone will have an idea of how to do what I'm trying to do. We use custom templates for MS Word 2003. The templates contain user names so when creating a letter, we can populate the info (address, etc) automaticatically once a name is selected. The problem is that we have to manually edit the Names.doc file everytime we have a new user or name change, etc. Is there any way to get the info to be pulled directly from Active Directory so everytime a change is made in AD, it is also made in the template file? Thanks in advance for any replies received. Yes that i...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

Opening Outlook causes open Word
Hello Folks!! I have a user that he opens Outlook 2003 and this action cause that Microsoft Word's Windows open without reason. Could somebody help me, please? Thanks in advance!! is he using word as his editor? Does he have any addins for word? When outlook loads word to use it as the editor, the addin could be trying to load and cause word to open completely. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookt...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

Presentation quality Excel tables?
HI all, After collecting many data, I want to summarize data into a table and then put into both powerpoint and Word document for presentation and report use. Could anybody show me how to design a Excel table that really looks great? Any templates? I designed a bunch of tables myself and because I am lacking of artistic senses, my tables look ugly... One requirement is that I have to make this data table in Black/White, because in the report, mostly people print it out in Black/White, the color will get distorted if it document is in color mode. To save overall time, why don't I just de...