how to edit Adobe file

Most certainly not in Word.

pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed'
files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can
not be edited.

If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file
to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best
tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat
Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a
few simple conversions. There are a few online places that will do the
conversion for free (e.g. http://www.convertpdftoword.net/) but you will
have to test them yourself to see if they are good enough for you.

Yves

"john d" <john d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to edit Adobe file

0
Yves

Publisher file #2
I am preparing (as I do every month) a magazine formatted in booklet style. Whenever I close and reopen, it's turned itself into a web page! I can reconvert it via Page setup, but when I return to work some more, it's back in web page format. Any idea why? and what can I do to stop it, please? -- -------------------------------------------- Protected by Norton Antivirus What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lorna Dodd" <lorna.dodd@virgin.net> wrote in message news:ulvrWxi...

2010-02-04 PLUGINS COLLECTIONS, ( 3Ds Max Plugins, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Avid Xpress DV, Cinema4D, Lightwave 3D, Maya 3D )
2010-02-04 PLUGINS COLLECTIONS, ( 3Ds Max Plugins, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Avid Xpress DV, Cinema4D, Lightwave 3D, Maya 3D ) *************************************************** 2010-02-04 3Ds Max Plugins Collection please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, 3DAliens.Glu3D.v1.3.11.Plugin.for.3Ds.Max.7.8 3D.Aliens.glu3D.v1.3.28.for.3dsmax 3D.Aliens.Pwrapper.v1.07.for.3dsmax 3D.Io.Fla...

How do I print online PDF files to OneNote on Windows 7?
When I try to print to OneNote, my only print options are "Fax" and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer." How do I add OneNote as a print option for Windows 7 for printing oneline PDF files? I forgot to add that I did download the driver provided by David Rasmussen but when I ran it, I just got an "Unhandled exception has occurred" message. "Meer" wrote: > When I try to print to OneNote, my only print options are "Fax" and > "Microsoft XPS Document Writer." How do I add OneNote as a print option for > Windows 7...

Lotus Files
I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? Excel does not have a filter for .123 files so you have to convert them to a format Excel can read, like XLS or WK4, in 1-2-3 itself, or get a conversion program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e001c496ad$95655050$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are | {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? ...

Displaying HTML/XHTML from source XML file
Displaying HTML/XHTML from source XML file i am having an xml file i want to display the contents of the xml file in a web browser control in winforms however i want to display it as html/xhtml after applying formatting. how can this be done? ...

editting auto recovery

Money file encrypted

opening dbf file in Excel: "cannot open protected file"
Office 2007 seems unwilling to open any of the dbf's that I'm attempring to move over from an old db program. None appear to have any special security limitations. I've googled the problem and all I get are statements about Excel 2002 and dbf files that begin with the letter "c". Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks. ...

BOM & Edit List

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

OPENING FILE
I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AND CAN IT BE FIXED? find someone with xl2002 - this has a built in repair facility. You file has probably become corrupted. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy RUSS KING <WRCING2@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:03d201c36ab0$c7ba2780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR > OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY > HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AN...

2 .pst files
winxp pro sp2, outlook 2003 I did a "detect and repair" and now have outlook.pst and outlook1.pst. It does not matter which one I select as default, they both display the same info. Outlook.pst is 2.2mb and outlook1.pst is 3.9mb. Neither will allow me to rename or delete. Can someone help me out on this? If you cannot close either one, then you have a corrupt profile and must create a new one from scratch. You can then designate which PST file should be your default in that profile and close any others you do not want or need. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ti...

Publisher tables & Adobe Acrobat
Hello Folks, Using Pub 03 and Adobe Acrobat Pro. When sending a Publisher file that contains a table to be converted to a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro, all the lines that make up the table are converted to dashed lines in the PDF. Normal lines convert OK. Is this a Publisher or Adobe issue. You help in resolving this matter will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to you answer in anticipation. <-><-><-><-> Big Rick I use the pdf creating program PDF-Exchange and it renders lines correctly. I'm guessing it is Adobe causing the problem. -- Don - PDF-XChang...

Need help with an excel file
I have an excel file that was generated by another program. the file has a column like theis B1 200 B2 56 B3 -1 B4 10 B5 -1 B6 100 I want to be able to do the following if the value is equal to -1 leave it alone if it is different from -1 then change the value to (value/5) Please help...i would really appreciate it. Thank you a lot Put this formula in C1: =IF(B1=-1,-1,B1/5) then copy down as far as you need to Ckana74 <Ckana74.sxh5n@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:<Ckana74.sxh5n@excelforum.com>... > I have an excel file that was generated...

Emailing files changes formatting
I am regularly emailing an excel file back and forth. For some reason, the page set-ups (page breaks, paper orientation, paper size) are altered when the file is opened on the other end. We're both using office 2002... I can't figure out why the formatting goes wonky by emailing the table. I don't have problems emailing it to anyone else. Nothing to do with emailing... Printouts may, and probably will, be different any time a workbook is printed from computers with different print drivers or installed/default fonts, or from different printers. To minimize the problem, ...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

PDF file #6
I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf file into a document I am working on. How do / Can I do this? Many thanks, Ger A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Ger <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf > file into a document I am working on. How do / Can I do > this? It was only necessary to post once. It is not possible to import a PDF directly into Publisher, but using a tool such as Adobe Acrobat or GhostScript/GSView, you can convert the PDF into a PostScrip...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...