How to correct stalling in opening documents on Word 2003?

Recently I have been having a 10 second delay in opening and shutting down
Microsoft Word  2003 documents. This does not happen on Exel 2003. Can anyone
advise how I can resolve this stalling?

why do the weblinks in my publisher document no longer work in a . #2
In Publisher heb ik een mooie publicatie voorbereid, als webpagina, die ik wil versturen als e-mail. (Nieuwsbrief) Ik heb gekozen voor de vorm webpagina omdat dat de enige manier leek om een lange scrollbare bladzijde te maken. Hierin heb ik verschillende links gemaakt (naar externe websites en e-amiladressen) In het emailvoorbeeld en in de verstuurde email werkt het ook allemaal. Tot zover alles goed. Omdat het mogelijk blijkt om pagina's toe te voegen, met een mooie navigatiebar, heb ik dat gedaan. De hyperlinks lijken te werken. Tenminste, in mijn publisher document kan ik met ct...

Opening Outlook
Hello, Was wondering if anybody knows how to make Outlook open to a new message, with the email address already entered in the "To:" field of the email message, all by double-clicking a control in a form containing an email address? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your time! -- Randy Street Rancho Cucamonga, CA Never mind...I got it... Docmd.SendObject acSendNoObject,,,[Email_Address] -- Randy Street Rancho Cucamonga, CA "Randy" wrote: > Hello, > > Was wondering if anybody knows how to make Outlook open to ...

Open delimited file
I am modifying existing code to sit my purposes. The existing code loops through a folder and opens files (xls) I need to modify to open a delimited file. The exisiting code will open the file but does not columnize the file. Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(MyPath & MyFiles(Fnum)) I have this bit for opening the delimited file... Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="G:\MyPath\MyFile.txt", Origin:=437 ,StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, Oth...

Watch this corrective update that came from Microsoft Corporation
--onkdsuysvvng Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfbhdbklwehwbiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfbhdbklwehwbiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ampkwllbdcvecaddz" --ampkwllbdcvecaddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...

Please Help Opening Attachments!!!!!!!!!!
I have already done the regedit Level1Remove. Most everything works fine. My problem is that when I try to open an attachment that is a .jpg it wants me to save each individual file to disk before I can open it. I receive enormus amounts of jpegs a day and need to scan through them quickly without saving them. PLEASE HELP TO BYPASS THIS PROBLEM!!!!!! I'm a novice, but do you have an option in "Tools" perhaps under "Security" that has a checkmark beside "Do not allow files to be open or saved that may contain a virus" I believe a friend was having ...

Ex 2003 Scenerio?
Is it possible to setup the following Two different AD 2003 Based forests with a single domain in each forest. Ex org with one Ex 2003 server setup in the only domain in the first forest & User accounts created in the only domain in the second forest, but the users mailboxes residing on ex 2003 server in the domain in the first forest. If the above is possible could some one tell me how & provide some links where i can find more info. I personally feel that this is a wierd setup, but a system's guy in some organization has put up this challange to me & I wish to give ...

Outlook XP & 2003 PST Conversion
Hey Folks, Aside from doing an import, is there perhaps an easier way to convert a PST from the XP format to the 2003 format (unicode vs. ANSI)? I'm hoping someone may have some insight they can share with me on this matter. Thank You, Marty -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ No, there's no magic wand or application to do the work for you. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Marty...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Excel -> Word #3
Thank you very much! Now, this created an other issue: I am using the Excel sheet as source database, but I am also callin the Word document from this same Excel sheet. It looks like there is conflict now. So, what I'm trying to do: For each row in my Excel sheet I have a cel linked to the Word document (where I have already merged the necessar fields from Excel). Any ideas? Thanks in advance -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: htt...

How do I enable macros in an open file?
A user opens an Excel file (with global macro security setting on "Medium"). She is not prompted to "Enable Macros". Instead, it opens and macros are disabled. Any ideas why? Is there a way for her to enable macros with the file open? Thank you in advance! Kevin Hate to bump my own post . . . anyone? . . . Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Thanks in advance! ...

Programatic VBA way of telling if the user has Word 2007 PDF add-in installed
Hi, I'm trying to work out in VBA how to check to see if word has had the Microsoft PDF add-in installed so that users can save documents as PDF. I'd rather not just try and save a PDF and see if it errors, there must be a better way. I've tried iterating through the ComAddin's but it's not in that collection. Any pointers would be great. You can test for the presence of the EXP_PDF.DLL e.g. Sub CheckPDF() Dim isOK as string isOK = SpecFolder(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON) & "\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\EXP_PDF.DLL" If Dir(isOK) <&...

Open qpw files in excel
Anyone know of method and/or filter to use to open quatropro 11(.qpw) files with Excel XP If a import filter is needed, please direct me to location... Thanks Bill "Bill" <bgc912@comcast.net> wrote... >Anyone know of method and/or filter to use to open quatropro 11(.qpw) files >with Excel XP >If a import filter is needed, please direct me to location... There is no import filter. Same situation as with Lotus 123 .123 files - Excel simply doesn't support them. Blame Microsoft for acting like a monopoly, howl at the moon, or whatever - there's no way to do th...

deleting email and next email opening

Taste corrective patch
--zncknrruviimfhh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nqkfxcjees"; type="multipart/alternative" --nqkfxcjees Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="iqpjepqzbj" --iqpjepqzbj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Emails correct sent?
Hallo, Sometimes when i am forwarding a mail to somebody the mail in the map "messages send" is seen as send to myself? So, i am not sure if the person has really received the mail. Regards Huib That is an indication that a problem occurred during the send(process interrupted by user, the ISP, or an AV client are a few of the causes) - The message may have been sent and received(only the recipient can verify if delivered). - WLM creates that message in that form just in case you need to recover the contents and recreate the message -- ...winston ms-mv...

Can't open emails with large attachments
Using Outlook XP, account type HTML, I cannot open emails with large attachments (e.g., 1 MB). I get a server timeout error. My email comes into my Inbox on the Microsoft server, which I transfer to my personal folders. I get the timeout error whether I try to open the file or transfer it. How do I get Microsoft to allow me to receive emails with large attachments. Outlook help says: "Note: You can't change the server timeout for an HTTP e-mail account." Will Microsoft change the server timeout, and if so, who do I contact? Thanks. Anthony "Anthony Sebastia...

Import auto correct to Word 2007
I am a lousy typist. I am switching from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Is there a simple way a non tech guy like me can export my auto correct setting to Word 2007 without risking screwing up everything? The simpler the solution, the more grateful I will be! Thanks. Hello, On 2010.01.21 17:38, in article 9F0A4A5F-9136-4F3C-8079-520E1A1D93E5@microsoft.com, "ShivN" <ShivN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am a lousy typist. I am switching from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Is there a > simple way a non tech guy like me can export my auto correct setting to Word...

Open email windows can't open, excel shreadsheet file .xls ?

excel 2007 date problem when saving as 2003
OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 uptodate i have a 2007 workbook which has a date column with this values 12/1/2009 11/1/2009 10/1/2009 9/1/2009 but i want to save it as a 2003 workbook and when i do it i get this error "Significan loss of functionality" and the values that are displayed in the date column appears like this 40148 40118 40087 40057 this is driving my crazy i already look at my computers date format run the office diagnostic tool but no luck Dates showing a serial numbers result from two things: Cell have wrong format - you have checke...

correction
What is process "tkupd32.exe"? Safe to end process? It's pegging my processor at 100% utilization. Thx. Looks like it is something to do with Groupshield, and there is a hotfix: http://ktp.e-isa.com/Downloads/McAfee/Patches/GroupShield/Hotfix7.txt -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "jallen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e501c3c963$a59beaf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is process "tkupd32.exe"? Safe to end process? It's > pegging my processor at 100% utilization. ...

Open workbook to given sheet
Can anyone tell me how to open an Excel work book on the internet to a given page in the workbook Example: Test.xls sheet(start) I can open a workbook to a given page from another MS application I would like the html code for this Thanks to all Dale ...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Folder is Sub Folder Under Notes
In the user's Exchange Private Mailbox, the Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook 2003 SP2 is located as a subfolder under Notes and spam mail is not being filtered. How do I restore the folder back to its proper location? Thanks! dhan74@gmail.com <dhan74@gmail.com> wrote: > In the user's Exchange Private Mailbox, the Junk E-Mail folder in > Outlook 2003 SP2 is located as a subfolder under Notes and spam mail > is not being filtered. How do I restore the folder back to its proper > location? Try running Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. See http...

"Reply to All" Problem for Exchange 2003!!
Hi everyone! I have upgraded my Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 with a different domain name but with the same user name (different OU name). I used Outlook 2000 to export the e-mail to a pst file from the Exchange 2000 for every user, then use the Exmerge Tools to import them back to the Exchange 2003 server. Now the problem is everytime I tried to use the "Reply to All" function, I would get not only all the recipents e-mail address but also 2 different e-mail address for myself like as follow: (1) myself@domain.com (2) /O=DOMAIN/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/...

MS Office Documents Very Slow to Open or Save to Network Drive
When I try to open or save MS Office documents to a network drive, there is a delay of several minutes. I have seen other posts on this topic that suggest removing disconnected network drives, but I have confirmed that all network drives are connected and operating properly. My OS is Windows 7, and Office 2007, with McAfee Security Center, but have same issue with Windows XP machine running Office 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2010. The only workaround I have found so far is to copy the MS Office documents to local hard drive, then open and save from there, and copy th...

Look at the corrective package for Windows
--ubbkrcyjejobmrvf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tdycdogyhcjarny"; type="multipart/alternative" --tdycdogyhcjarny Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="moosycblfocgztsij" --moosycblfocgztsij Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...