How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201

Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first
row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or
something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered...

This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so.

Thanks.

Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and
select Borders and shading.

For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Marshal" <Marshal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first
> row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or
> something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered...
>
> This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so.
>
> Thanks.

0
Doug
4/20/2010 3:19:43 AM
InW2007/10, select the first table row. On the table design tab, click the
shading button and click the desired color. Select the whole table, choose a
pen color, then click the all-borders icon --twice if the table already has
borders.

But I suspect you are asking  how to create a table style.   With  the cursor
in a table (to expose the table tools, design tab), click the lowest arrow on
the right side of the table styles gallery to expand it.   At the bottom of
the gallery, you'll find "New table style...".   The "Create new style from
formatting" dialog that comes up is similar to the one in W2003.

Pam

Marshal wrote:
>Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first
>row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or
>something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered...
>
>This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so.
>
>Thanks.

Pamelia

create a roster

2003 to 2007 02-25-08
I created a db on home computer in v. 2003. Works fine opening it in 2003 on computer at work. Then try to work with it in 2007 and every time I try to see anything in Design view I get this error: The command or action 'OpenTable' isn't available now. *You may be in a read-only database or an unconverted databse from an earlier version of MS Access. *The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or isn't in the active view. Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for this database. I've tried: ...

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

Task Create - Status

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Query on Group field in Pivot Table
I have a large database wherein under Date column, data is in the format "Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". When I use Pivot Table Under OPTIONS->GROUP-> Group Field is disabled. I used this to group Date field to either present data by Month, quarter at one click. Can anybody guide me why this seems to be disabled here. I want to present my data only by Monthwithout changing the format ""Thu Oct 1 12:00 AM". Thanks Hi Shewta Check you Data Source of your Pivot. it should come up like "Sheet6!$G$1:$I$821" and not like "'\Documents and...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

Create external database

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Outlook 2007 Iris MapiMessage Store / Plus program comparison.
My office has loaded Beta 2007 with Outlook and the Business Contact Manager as well as Accounting 2006 onto 5 computers for varoius personnel to asses. This was after we downloaded it at my home and it worked great. However, at my office it has been random at best and with 2 computers it has been like watching a train wreak and we were forced to wipe drives just to get it off and reinstall our original software. However, we love the potental and it smokes the competition (we think) so we are going to push on, nowing we are using Beta programs so I know there are going to be problems....

Data Tables
Has anyone ever had a problem where a data table is producing incorrect values? I have a (two dimensional) table which is producing unexpected values. When I try to replicate these values through manually changing the inputs (and changing nothing else) I get a different result to that produced by the data tables. Just to check I'm not going completely mad, I've had a colleague confirm the symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received before I head into investigating for corruptions etc Mike The only time I've ever had a problem with charting is when I had merged c...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How to create pie chart with %

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

when form created