How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?

I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst
other things!

As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts
in Word.

What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For
that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word
Options, Customize: Click the Customize button).

However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend
making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete
something accidentally, click the Undo button on the Quick Access Toolbar.
There is actually a very useful keyboard shortcut (!) that you can use:
Ctrl+Z.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cookie" <Cookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst
> other things!

0
Stefan

keyboard shortcut?
What is the shortcut to move to the beginning of the next row? thank you If NumLock is on, 'Home' then down arrow. If NumLock is off you have another option: 7 then 2 on number pad. ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Word 2007 Versions
Hello, Can someone please provide the list of Word 2007 versions (12.0.xxx.xxxx or whatever the format is) for those versions of Word that shipped (were distributed) before January 11, 2010? Also, if a user receives one of those versions and then installs the mandatory patch, does the version number change? If so, to what? ...

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

Installing Office 2007 onto multiple destops onthe same computer
I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my desktop. Office 2007 products don't show up on my wife's and son's desktop and within their programs choices. Log in to the Administrator account, repair / reinstall Office "Hammer Man" <Hammer Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FFDE5E7-28B2-4D42-87C2-5F04D862EA44@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, > Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my deskto...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Downloading Office in Tiger
I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? In article <1178821025.185743.188050@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, alicia_roos@yahoo.com wrote: > I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem > is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not > Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? Office 2001 is a Classic application. The first MacOS X version of Office was Offi...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Mac Office 2004 for Student and Teacher
I am taking a course in an adult education program. Does this qualify me to use the Student and Teacher edition of Office Mac 2004 for Student and Teacher. What steps do I have to take after purchase to authorize it's use and activate it? In article <038f01c48fa7$66706990$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Gene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course in an adult education program. Does > this qualify me to use the Student and Teacher edition of > Office Mac 2004 for Student and Teacher. What steps do I > have to take after purchase to a...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007 Address Book
I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts? This would be on Outlook 2007, and windows 7 64bit Found this via Google: http://www.webgear.co.nz/Products/GOContactSync.aspx "endoftheline" <endoftheline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06C1E2E-F012-4CC4-82A3-A02D2AD819C1@microsoft.com... > I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There is > a > gmail cal...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Assign a keyboard shortcut in VBA?
I have a simple piece of code that I want a keyboard shortcut for. The code was written, rather than recorded, and now I want to assign ti to Ctrl+M but don't know how to do it in VBA? Any help greatly appreciated....Jason Sub Macro1() Application.MacroOptions Macro:="hello", Description:="", ShortcutKey:="m" End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Thanks Gary, Regards...Jason "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA28D18E-4364-4616-B897-72A48AE6A1BD@microsoft.com... > Sub Ma...

Out Of Office #6
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook XP. Is there a way to set the Out Of Office Assistant, and have it kept on, even when you check email through Outlook Web Access (The Outlook XP Client will remain at work). Thanks! -Blake Once the OOOA has been configured, it will continue running until you turn it off, even if you are checking your email. When the user opens their maibox, they should be prompted as to whether they want to keep their OOOA or not. "Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387501c4a628$5fca90b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We have ...

Excel 2007 crashes
I have been using my excel for several months without any problems. But today for some reason it start crashing. After messing with it for while I noticed that it only crashes when I click on Page Layout tab or right click on a cell and choose format cells. I can click on anything else and all works fine. There must be something dealing with the cell formating for page layout that is crashing this. Is there a file somewhere I can delete that would be recreated when Excel starts? Any help appreciated ...

Project Pro 2010 with Project Server 2007
I recently upgraded to Project Pro 2010. However, the Project Server is running 2007. I can open local project files fine, but when I try to open a project on the server I receive this error. "No permissions to read Project Server Enterprise Global file". Is Project Pro 2010 compatible with Project Server 2007? If so, how do I resolve this error? Thanks. -- Rick AFAIK Project Pro 2010 is not compatible with Project Server 2007. On the other hand, Project Pro 2007 is compatible with Project Server 2010 running in Backwards Compatibility Mode (BCM). - A...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Lots of emails, slowing down Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007, 1 pop3 account and 1 imap account. When I send/receive the pop3 speeds through, the imap 'send' completes rather quickly, but the imap 'synching imap folders' takes Forever, I'm assuming because instead of just checking for new messages it's also checking to see if I've deleted/moved any past messages. I need to keep all my imap messages as I refer to them from time to time, but I also need Outlook to be more 'responsive' when I check for new messages. Any idea how I can force imap to just check for new messages instead of cross checking the e...

Transferring Office 2003
I just bought a new mini computer for travelling however it does not have an internal CD drive and I want to transfer my Office 2003 on it. I have all my installation media CD's. I don't want to purchase an external drive at $80 to $100 just for this one step so can I transfer this to a flash key and install it in my computer. Thanks "MAC MAN" <MACMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54831B3B-5151-447E-9271-EBF0C913CC5A@microsoft.com... > I just bought a new mini computer for travelling however it does not have > an > intern...

Problem with running Office:Mac 2008 Installer
I'm curious about what gets installed by the Office 2008 Special Media Edition installer AFTER it runs the installer script near the end that puts icons of the applications in the Dock. My Office Mac 2008 installer crashed viciously at that point and took out the Finder with it so I had to do a hard restart to get my computer running again. (2.8 GHz Intel iMac, Tiger 10.4.11). I don't want to do a complete re-install of Office 2008 but I'm wondering if anything important might be missing. The applications all seem to work OK. When I installed Office: mac 2008, I got an error messa...

Outlook 2007 Blank Messages
Within last couple of weeks, Hotmail is putting quite a few "safe senders" into junk mail. When I send/receive in Outlook, they appear in my junk mail as blank messages. When I mark as "not junk" in Outlook, they move into Inbox but as blanks. When I mark them as "not junk" in Hotmail they move to Inbox ok. The senders are in the "safe" list on both Outlook and Hotmail. The only way I can see the message is to go to Hotmail and forward the message to myself and then it will appear from me in Outlook and contain the original message. B...

Type a symbol useing shortcut keys rather the insert a symbol
I have a couple of symbols I use a lot. Is there a way I can type those symbols using some type of keystroke shortcut rather than going through all the steps of inserting a symbol? In Word, it allows me to assign shortcuts, but I don't see that option in Excel. I tried creating a Macro, but when it runs, it jumps to the same cell each time. I want to be able to type my symbol, hit "Space" and begin typing my comment in Arial. You can use the autocorrect option to replace text. For example if you type (c) into a cell it autocorrects to the copywrite symbol. To a...