How do I 'spindle' or collect multiple documents in a single file

I used to be able to create chapters, so that discrete documents could be
combined for global changes and unbundled for separate editing/use. Can this
be done?

Word has a master document function but it is notoriously unreliable and can
result in data loss, so is best avoided. Word can work with very large
single documents.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to be able to create chapters, so that discrete documents could be
> combined for global changes and unbundled for separate editing/use. Can
> this
> be done?

0
Graham

multiple journal mailboxes ex2003
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide any input on why you would consider having multiple journal mailboxes, in a scenario that requires journaling. The reasons I can think of are: 1. Geographic dispertion of exchange servers, seperated by slow WAN links 2. A single journal mailbox on a dedicated server not having the processing power to handle all journaled messages. Thanks, James Your WAN links would have to be saturated or you would have to have a large volume for this to be a real issue. Of course you would probably want to make sure the journaling mailbox was close to t...

Sequential Numbering Set-up for Multiple Sheets in a Workbook
How do I set up the excel file to sequentially number multiple sheets within a workbook I have a saved file with LTD,STD and Life details. When I create a "custom footer" and select "& pages" it does not sequentially number each sheet as a different page number It sounds like what you want is to print all the sheets together, with the footer saying Page 1, Page 2, etc. To do that, select all the sheets and print. It will then do the page numbering for you. You do need to have the footer on all of the sheets to be able to see it. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Adding Multiple Worksheets
Hi Guys, I hope someone can solve this one for me. I have 6 worksheets (which will grow to about 20) which I want to add together to form a total in my totals worksheet. So I have:- Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 Wk4 Wk5 Total The formula I have used in my totals worksheet is:- =SUM('Wk1:Wk6'!C5:F200) This works but the total is double, so if I put 1 in Wk1 as a test, I get 2 in the total page. I think it's something to do with the fact that's it's adding itself again but I'm not sure why. Can someone help me and show me the light!? Thanks a lot. Is the total worksheet outside ...

MFC Collections Architecture
Hello, Just starting out with MFC. Could anyone help me with this? Why is CArray, not defined using template? The reason I am asking is that, no doubt I could use special _type_safe_ classes like CTypedPtrList. Won't it have been better if there existed a mechanism like std::vector, which promotes compile time type checking rather than dynamic type checking. -- Imanpreet Singh Arora CArray does use templates. From MSDN: template < class TYPE, class ARG_TYPE = const TYPE& > class CArray : public CObject <imanpreet@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1113356283.837...

Opening a file in a macro (network)
I have a macro that requires opening a file in My Documents. This may be a networking question that may require onsite help but what I was wondering is if there is a way in the code to specify to open a file in My Documents from "the computer you're on" for example (not sure how to word that). I'm trying to avoid having to create a macro for each computer because I will have the same file stored in My Documents on each computer. Does that make sense? For example, the code right now reads (for the computer I am currently on - "Blinds etc" is how the computer i...

Multiple email to list
Good day I need to send monthly newsletters to about 8000 students. How could I go about it if : - I were to use Outlook 2007 - need to ensure that the names on the list are not accesibel by others on the list (email addreesses not broadcast to all - low spam count so thaty I could have a high delivery count. - my DNS wil not be marked as a source of spam Thank you in advance -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) You can use a mail merge for that; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailmerge.htm Whether or not you'll get marked as a spammer highly depends on your ISP ...

How can I host multiple domain with single EX2003?
Dear all, As titled... Should I configure the server to bind another IP address to host another domain??? If yes, it's undoubtable to waste IP address.... Please help, thanks.... You mean multiple SMTP domains? If so, check out this article, which applies to E2k3 as well: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Keith Ko" <Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote in message news:uB3Yl9w5DHA.360@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear all, As titled... > > Should ...

Round up or down to a multiple of 5
I have a question. Im trying to come up with a formula that should say: the total of a whole number times 1.15 and then round it off to either a 0 or a 5. Can someone please help me! =ROUND((A1*1.15)/5,0)*5 -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "latincutiepie" <u41871@uwe> wrote in message news:80b89e14f2680@uwe... >I have a question. Im trying to come up with a formula that should say: > > the total of a whole number times 1.15 and then round it off to either a 0 > or > a 5. > > Can some...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Relationship with multiple columns?
Hello, This is my current situation. I have a staff roster (table) with employee information including 4 columns of work logins. Some will only have one login but some have multiple logins and I need to be able to pull information from the staff table into a query/report with data from a table that only contains a login for identification. I cannot see how to make a relationship that looks at multiple columns for a match to the same "key". Hopefully this is something simple someone can help with. Dustin "Simple", yes... but not if your data is organized like a spreadshee...

Fields Collection
I need to make a symbolic reference to one of the fields in a report's RecordSource. I.e., Me.Fields(strMyFieldName) The above reference is invalid, but I don't know what other method to try? Thanks for any help, Bill Create a control on your report of the appropriate type. Set its Visible property to false. Set its controsource to the field in the recordsource you desire. Reference the control instead of the recordsource using "Me.ControlName." -Kris ...

Rename Exchange Database file
Could anybody show me the safe way to rename exchange database file: priv1.edb to priv2.edb ? Thank you. I want to rename it because I was reading an article that says that I can have problem restoring exchange if the two databases .edb and .stm have the same name, backed up and restored at the same time. Thank you I would not bother about renaming them, and I cannot understand why you would have problems. -- Mark Fugatt "Thuan Pham" <thuanp@advancedcableties.com> wrote in message news:17a501c48c68$ed6f5380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could anybody show me the safe way t...

multiple page reports?
Is SSRS capable of multiple page reports? And by this I do not mean 50 pages that all look the same for hundreds of rows of data like you'd get out of an MS Access report. I'm talking about where the report design itself consists of 2 or more pages. I have to create a report by county where the first page is a list of people in that county. The 2nd page is a detail page each person in that county. This is easily done in several high level reporting tools such as Fast Reports for Delphi. Here's the idea: Dataset1 County name and other information specific to that cou...

Collection Management
There are many things to like in GP but many things take too much work. One thing is the way it copies data from one table to the other so if you make a change in the customer record that change is not propogated through all current open orders for example. Another such is collection management. I would suggest that we don't need a separate collection management module. The following would make it simple. When a customer is past due on their payment, automatically put a hold on the customer maintenance record and add a note with the Invoice #, due date, $ amount from system. This e...

Vista Home Premium - why IIS log files
Using ccleaner on my laptop I find it removes large IIS files. What do they contain? Why not turn off the IIS functions (via ms features) and free whatever space and time they occupy? Any opinions? ...

Multiple e.mails
I have very large committees that I send e.mail to. I want to know if there is someway that all the address' need not show up on the e.mail sent. By the time they get to the message its a mile long. Thank you very much. You could put the lsit of people you're sending it to in the BCC box and put your own email address in the TO box. THat way to everyone else it will just look like you sent it to yourself and them. But then they can't do a a Reply to All so if you need that, then this solution won't work. On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:46:12 -0700, "Nancy" <nancy...

Decision Matrix with multiple criteria and decision
I am trying to create a chart that shows the result of a decision matrix with multiple criteria and possible channels. A XY scattergraph works well if there are only two criteria, however I need to be able to add additional criteria. I am using excel 2007 ...

XmlNodeList
Hi, Given a node, how can one find out its index in the collection of nodes it belongs to? Thanks There is no way to get this information. The same way there is no way to ask an integer in an array which position in the array it came from. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Marina" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OVHLxSsWEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Given a node, how can one find out its index in the collection of nodes it > belongs to? > > Thanks > > That is not t...

How to create Excel file?
Hi all I'm creating an application and I want to save the output in an excel sheet file, doesn any one know how can I do that ?? Thanks What do you mean, do you want to save it in a format that Execl can read, or do you want to save in a real execl file. Execl doesn't have a problem reading comma seperated files, if that exceptable. Or look into actually opening an execl spreadsheet within your application and let the user input their data directly into the spreadsheet. (COM Object) and here are links with descriptions to the file format http://sc.openoffice.org/excelfileformat.p...

123 files
Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? As far as I know, yes. Open them. Tyro "jasper" <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE91293A-624E-4AA8-8B60-7CF3B18622C1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? File>Open>Files of Type>Lotus 123 *.wk? Give it a try. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 19:01:00 -0800, jasper <jasper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to open Lotus 123 files in Excel? What version of excel and what extension of the Lotus file? jaspe...

Copy from one source to multiple spreadsheets
On a master spreadsheet I have on each row data for multiple spreadsheets. I would like to set up a macro to copy this data into each of the designated destination spreadsheets. The macro I have is: Windows(SourceName).Activate Range(row, 2).Select Selection.Copy Windows(dept & ".xls").Activate Range("C3").Select ActiveSheet.Paste The problem is that "Range(row,2).Select" is not working. Is there a code which would work. Thanks It not need to select the objects of Excel to manage them. You can say something like belo...

Multiple Installation Question
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3294564435_42315548 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I participated in the free upgrade of MS Office 2008 from purchasing Mac Office 04.. I noticed when I received the software I was only given 1 Product Key... I�m getting ready to upgrade to a new iMac and was wondering if I was going to run into a problem installing the software on the new machine since I was only given 1 Key instead of the ...

Working with multiple Excel files
I have about 10 excel files called Accounts 1 - 10 In each Accounts Excel file in Cell A1 I have a value ( can be anything ) I want to create another excel file with the name totals. Inside totals I want it to go into each of the 10 account files and get the value stored in Cell A1 Any suggestiong on the best way of doing this ? Hi WayneF Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "WayneF" <wayne.alex@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:OpIe6dINGHA.1532@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have about 10 excel files call...

multiple lines
I have a master woksheet that I will type an item number into the sheet and then I want to retrieve data from another worksheet. If I do a vlookup, it will retrieve the line but my problem is on the worksheet it has multiple lines. I need to know what formula to use. Example: Master Worksheet (I enter the A1234 and the three lines appear) A1234 This is a test This is a big test This is a small test On the dataworksheet that I am pulling the info from: A1234 This is a test A1234 This is a big test A1234 This is a small test I would appreciate anyone's...

Reconcile multiple accounts
I am currently using Money 2004 and have three checking accouts set up in Money but all three are actually one bank account. In an older version of MS Money I could combine multiple account to reconcile as one. Does anyone know if I can do this is Money 2004? If not, I am ready and willing to upgrade to Money Plus Deluxe but want to make sure the combined balancing feature is available before I purchase. Does anyone know if I can do this in Plus Deluxe? Thanks! Really? I don't think this--subaccounts--has EVER been supported by Money. I could be wrong. "jen361" <...