How do I print delivery address single spaced on an envelope?

HELP!  The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see to
change it.  Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve this
problem?

Modify the formatting of the EnvelopeAddress style or use Shift+Enter
instead of Enter at the end of each line of the address.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP!  The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see
> change it.  Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
> this
> problem?

0
Doug
12/9/2009 3:45:54 AM
Word 2007 by default uses the 2007 style set. If you use the 2003 style set
you won't have this problem. For a one-off, add an envelope to a document
and change the style set to Word 2003. The spacing should be removed. For a
more permanent solution you would probably have to open the normal template
normal.dotm in Word, change the style set to 2003, type a character in the
text space and delete it. Then save and close the normal template. New
documents should then use the 2003 style set.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP!  The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see
> change it.  Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
> this
> problem?

0
Graham
12/9/2009 6:16:58 AM
The curious thing about this, however, is that the Envelope Address style in
Word 2007, though still based on Normal, is explicitly defined as Single
spaced with no Spacing After. The reason I don't touch questions of this
sort is that I have yet to figure out how users are getting anomalous
spacing on envelopes in the circumstances (I have been unable to reproduce
the problem, whether in a native .docx or in a .doc opened in Word).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> Word 2007 by default uses the 2007 style set. If you use the 2003 style
> set you won't have this problem. For a one-off, add an envelope to a
> document and change the style set to Word 2003. The spacing should be
> removed. For a more permanent solution you would probably have to open the
> normal template normal.dotm in Word, change the style set to 2003, type a
> character in the text space and delete it. Then save and close the normal
> template. New documents should then use the 2003 style set.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HELP!  The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can
>> see to
>> change it.  Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
>> this
>> problem?

0
Suzanne
12/9/2009 2:02:20 PM
I agree that is what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't always seem to
work that way in practice. In my own normal template the envelope address
style is based on normal,  but has been modified and doesn't accord with
that behaviour as the Spacing parameter is missing from the style
description. I do however use a personal style set and the envelopes print
as intended. Similarly the envelope templates on my web site should display
without added space.

If you start Word in safe mode the defaults are indeed as you suggest. I
suspect that those who experience problems have made changes to those
defaults or have imported styles from a normal template of an earlier Word
version that do not accord with the Word 2007 formats, which I guess would
be most earlier templates.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> The curious thing about this, however, is that the Envelope Address style
> in Word 2007, though still based on Normal, is explicitly defined as
> Single spaced with no Spacing After. The reason I don't touch questions of
> this sort is that I have yet to figure out how users are getting anomalous
> spacing on envelopes in the circumstances (I have been unable to reproduce
> the problem, whether in a native .docx or in a .doc opened in Word).
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Word 2007 by default uses the 2007 style set. If you use the 2003 style
>> set you won't have this problem. For a one-off, add an envelope to a
>> document and change the style set to Word 2003. The spacing should be
>> removed. For a more permanent solution you would probably have to open
>> the normal template normal.dotm in Word, change the style set to 2003,
>> type a character in the text space and delete it. Then save and close the
>> normal template. New documents should then use the 2003 style set.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> HELP!  The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can
>>> see to
>>> change it.  Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
>>> this
>>> problem?

0
Graham
12/9/2009 3:24:31 PM
Possibly so. It would have to be imported styles, though, since new
documents based on the template containing those styles shouldn't exhibit
the problem.

--

>I agree that is what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't always seem to
>work that way in practice. In my own normal template the envelope address
>style is based on normal,  but has been modified and doesn't accord with
>that behaviour as the Spacing parameter is missing from the style
>description. I do however use a personal style set and the envelopes print
>as intended. Similarly the envelope templates on my web site should display
>without added space.
>
> If you start Word in safe mode the defaults are indeed as you suggest. I
> suspect that those who experience problems have made changes to those
> defaults or have imported styles from a normal template of an earlier Word
> version that do not accord with the Word 2007 formats, which I guess would
> be most earlier templates.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> The curious thing about this, however, is that the Envelope Address style
>> in Word 2007, though still based on Normal, is explicitly defined as
>> Single spaced with no Spacing After. The reason I don't touch questions
>> of this sort is that I have yet to figure out how users are getting
>> anomalous spacing on envelopes in the circumstances (I have been unable
>> to reproduce the problem, whether in a native .docx or in a .doc opened
>> in Word).
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Word 2007 by default uses the 2007 style set. If you use the 2003 style
>>> set you won't have this problem. For a one-off, add an envelope to a
>>> document and change the style set to Word 2003. The spacing should be
>>> removed. For a more permanent solution you would probably have to open
>>> the normal template normal.dotm in Word, change the style set to 2003,
>>> type a character in the text space and delete it. Then save and close
>>> the normal template. New documents should then use the 2003 style set.
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Suzanne

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

Need advice on Single Doc, Multi View framework
Hi guys, I'm about to start on a quoting application. What I want is for only one quote (document) to be open at a time. However a quote can have one or more items belonging to it. So what I'd like to do is have a CDialogBar docked at the side of my app's main window which contains the details about the quote (date, client, etc) and for each quote item I'd have a CFormView (a must as I require scrolling support). The application must also have print/print preview support (Not of what is in the CFormViews but of the document as a whole which doesn't have a view). So basical...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

Address book question #4
Any advice on the following would be appreciated: Using OfficeXP on the pc, if I want to use Outlook's address book from Word to add an address to a envelope I am able to see all contact address's On my laptop, trying to do the same above I am only able to see contact address's that have where the contact has an email or fax number What setting do I need to change on the laptop so that I am able to see all contact address's TIA Tom ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Messages scheduled for delivery after hours never get sent
Hello, On our Exchange 2003 SP2, I configured an additional Connector (Routing Groups \ First Routing Group \ Connectors) and configured to use a custom schedule after hours. The user account associated to this connector is able to send emails during business hours and all emails sit in the queue as they should. However, once the scheduled off-hours time frame begins, emails remain in the queue and do not get released unless I "Force Connection". I did create and set to "1" the "CheckConnectorRestrictions" in the server's registry. Email sent by the...

Printing problem

Transfer single message from OE6
Hi all I'm trying to transfer a single complex HTML (pictures,colours,fonts etc) message from outlook express 6 where it was composed to Outlook I had assumed the Outlook could read .eml files ??? Even if I drag the .eml into Outlok drafts folder and try and open it it opens it in OE6 ?? I must be missing something because I had assumed this would be a two minute job Thanks in advance Andrew Andrew Kennard <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote: > I'm trying to transfer a single complex HTML (pictures,colours,fonts > etc) message from outlook express 6 where it was ...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...

Slowing Printing with Publisher & Merged Database
I am doing a newsletter that prints out customers addresses by pulling them off an Excel spreadsheet. I have about 1200 records in the spreadsheet. As the printer runs, it prints out each newsletter with one customers address and then moves down to the next record. The problem I am having is that it takes an extremely and I mean extremely long time to print. 10 copies takes about 15 to 20 minutes. My Publisher file is about seven megabytes. I am using Publisher 2003 and Windows XP Pro SP2 printing to a Xerox 3535 creo Spire. The Spire shows the file as being 900 MB for each 100...

Printing
Hi, I have a custom list control (base class is not CListCtrl but simply CWnd). I need to implement printing. I once created a whole printing function for a standard CListCtrl, by making complete custom drawing routines to take data out of the list control and draw it onto a printer DC. However, I have seen how "Custom Grid Control" and other controls can somehow simply map the screen (including icons and everything) onto the printer.. it's not simply a screen print obviously, because it adapts to the printer resolution, but I do wonder if there isn't just a standard print...

Outlook Address Book Icon Showing No Contacts?
Have had this problem before but can't remember how it is fixed. When you click on the address book icon in Outlook 2003 the Contacts do not come up. Outlook is somehow pointing to the wrong Address Book. Where is this changed? Thanks. Address Book > Tools > Options -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:Ol9NIk2LGHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Have had this problem before but can't remember how it is fixed. When you > click on the address book icon in Outlook 2003 the Contacts do not co...