I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD?  Thanks

No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download
from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Dov" <Dov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is
>it
> possible in WORD?  Thanks

0
Graham
2/9/2010 8:39:02 AM
Hi Dov,

It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in the
following way.
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd and press Enter.
3. In the Command window that opens, use the cd command as you did in DOS to
navigate to the desired folder.
4. Enter the following after the Command prompt: dir * > dir.txt
5. In Word open the file dir.txt in the folder to which you navigated.
6. Press Ctrl+P and print the contents of dir.txt.

You can modify the command in step 4 by adding switches after the asterisk.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Dov" wrote:

> I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
> possible in WORD?  Thanks
Dov
You can use Directory Report

This is a directory printer utility which can save its output to the clipboard.  Then all you have to do is paste within word.  This is much simpler than saving content to a temporary file

Dov wrote:

09-Feb-10

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD?  Thanks

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:27 AM
Dov wrote:

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD?  Thanks

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:39 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can downloadfrom
No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download
from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:35 AM
Pesach Shelnitz wrote:

Hi Dov,It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in
Hi Dov,

It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in the
following way.
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd and press Enter.
3. In the Command window that opens, use the cd command as you did in DOS to
navigate to the desired folder.
4. Enter the following after the Command prompt: dir * > dir.txt
5. In Word open the file dir.txt in the folder to which you navigated.
6. Press Ctrl+P and print the contents of dir.txt.

You can modify the command in step 4 by adding switches after the asterisk.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz
My Web site: http://makeofficework.com

"Dov" wrote:

Generic Feed Parsers Redux
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx
0
binaryman

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

Unapprove POs not listed to approve
I just created about 10 POs using various users that I have setup with approval limits. It worked where certain users could only approve certains amounts etc. However, when I log into GP as a user with unlimited and can approve any POs, these new POs are not listed. I checked the POA4003 table and NONE of these POs appear, so they can't be approved. BTW: We just paid our $50,000 enchanement fee and of course, I spent over 30 minutes trying to find anything about this issue in TK, but found nothing, which makes it hard for me to believe that I have yet again found a UNIQUE probl...

Printing booklet

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

VS 2008 Error List
I've updated a reference in my VS.NET 2008 web project that I know will cause errors (methods no longer supported, etc). The class is used by multiple pages in my project, however when I build or rebuild the project, only the errors on any file(s) are shown in the Error List. If a file with an error is not open it is not listed in the Error List. Is there a setting for this or another way to cause the Error List to show all project errors? "smay" <smay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:430005A6-A023-48CD-980B-3991450CDBEF@microsoft.com... ...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

List a ranking
I'm a newbie at this, so help is appreciated. I have an Excel sheet like this: Team A .600 =rank(b1,b1:b3) Team B .750 =rank(b2,b1:b3) Team C .300 =rank(b3,b1:b3) I want to get another cell to list how far they are from the #1 rank. So, cell d1 should be equal to .150 and d3 equal to .450. The percentages will change frequently, so it needs to figure out what is #1. I know I could just do =b2-b1 and b2-b3, but only because I can see the b2 is the highest percentage. Am I making sense? Is there a way to do this? TIA. BR =MAX($B$1:$B$3)-B1 etc. -- HTH RP ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Media content
Now I've upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003, do I still need the xp-installed Media Content? I've noticed that Office 2003 applications mostly collect clipart online. I could use the diskspace! Anyone knows? Office 2003 doesn't come with much clipart, there are 30,000 new images on the web site just for 2003 users. You can remove all the images from the media disk, if you do delete the images, don't delete the Organizer. The downloaded clips will by default go into the Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getti...

Printing problem

Splitting List of Codes in a Field Alphabetically
I have this issue where I have a spreadsheet that contains 60000 rows and 2 column. The first column is the Account number and the second column contain 1 to 500 three letter codes that are seperated by a ; I would like to have 26 colmuns and group all the codes alphbetically. Is this possible and if so should I do it in Access or Excel? Thank you in Advance, Howard So the first column contains a unique account number, and the 2nd column contains concatenated codes. In a relational database, you would want these as many *records* in a related table, instead of concatenated values in...

how to find data and list all of them in a cell.
I have one database table like this. ============================== Col_A Col_B Col_C name room cancel person1 building1 no person2 building1 yes person3 building2 no person4 building2 no person5 building1 no ============================== what I need is to list the name who don't cancel in building1 and fill in cell("D1") the result would like to be : person1 , person5 pls. help me to solve this problem. thank you so much The simplest way would be to select the ...

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...

Printing clips the side of the document words
Hello, I've just installed all the updates for Windows XP that were required and others also and have Office 2003 with Outlook 2003. I've tried to print an email message and the words in the narrative are clipped on the right and left margins. The "TO" "FROM" "SUBJECT" and all the other header information is aligned correctly and the problem is only with the main text portion. When I print regular WORD documents, I don't have this problem and my printer can print directly to the edge of the paper (Laser). The formatting is coming from Outlook a...