how do I place arrows pointing up into text?

I need th place 2 upward pointing arrows, which sit on the same line as the
text, but between 2 words. the intent is to report that something is rising.

The Wingdings 3 font is nothing but arrows; perhaps you can find what you
need there.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"chrissient" <chrissient@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need th place 2 upward pointing arrows, which sit on the same line as the
> text, but between 2 words. the intent is to report that something is
> rising.

0
Suzanne
11/18/2009 3:21:56 AM
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:06:01 -0800, chrissient
<chrissient@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I need th place 2 upward pointing arrows, which sit on the same line as=
 the=20
> text, but between 2 words. the intent is to report that something is =
rising.

Try the Unicode character <2191 Alt-x>. (Leave out the "<" and ">".)

--=20
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
0
Opinicus

ComboBox text Limit
Hi all you Experts I need to create a dropdown list in a form field that will allow users to choose from the entries that are pre-populated. As my list is going to be longer than 25 entries I have used a Userform with a combo box. As far as I can tell, each entry in the list is limited to 50 characters, but some of my choices will need to be double this length. Is there any way of using VBA code to increase the number of characters available? -- Thanks in advance of help. Geoff The limit maybe 255 characters, but it is definitely not 50. -- Hope this helps. Pl...

Bypass 16-point touch calibration
Does anybody have an idea how to bypass 16-point touch calibration appearing on first calibration of a digitizer device. I am working with a capacitive touchscreen and don't need the extra outside square and some users find it hard to get their fingers on the corner spots. The 16-point calibration shows up on first user calibration and then the 4-point calibration is used from second time on. I would like to skip straight to the 4-point calibration even if the touch digitizer has never been calibrated before. Thanks for any help. ...

autofilter dropdown arrow color
I had seen this question somewhere but cannot find it so... When turning an excel autofilter, the header rows get a dropdown button with a black arrow. When you use that field for filtering, the arrow turns blue. Is there any way to make the arrow turn another color for better visibility? Thanks, Gary Hi AFAIK you can't change that color -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gary wrote: > I had seen this question somewhere but cannot find it so... > > When turning an excel autofilter, the header rows get a dropdown > button with a black arrow. When you use that fiel...

source data with two decimal points?
Hello, I'm trying to chart some data that has two decimal points, ie 3.4.5, 3.5.4, 4.1.3, etc When there is one decimal point there are no problems but with data with two decimal points the chart seems to show all values as being zero? Any ideas? Thanks Yes, of course it shows as zero, as a string with more than one period mark is a text string, not a number. If you want to convert the text string into an equivalent number you'll need to define the rules for the conversion. Will there be only one character between pairs of "decimal points" or are numbers such as 3.15...

Placing bubbles
I would like to place bubbles on the 2D places (x,y) with different radius. The coordinates are the (column, row) an´d the rtadius the value in the cell (column, row). For example the value 0.25 in the cell (2,5) means, that a bubble with radius 0.25 placed on the 2D coordinate system at the location x=2, y=5. How to do it ? The bubble chart places the bubbles on the location (column, radius). Thanks in advance, Laszlo I'm probably not understanding but I'll take a shot . . . assuming the bubble chart is similar to an XY Scatter chart, wouldn't you set your data up li...

Shortcuts placed on desktop
Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? -- JollyRoger In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on my >desktop. Does anyone know how to turn this off? Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks. Thanks for the help. -- JollyRoger "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, JollyRoger wrote: > > >Every time I close Money 2004 I have 2 new shortcuts for some bank on ...

Disappearing System Restore Points
XP Home SP3 IE8 Recently (I can't say for certain- I just noticed it ~3-4 days ago), my old SR points have been deleted on a daily basis. For example, this morning I had two points, one from yesterday and one from early this morning. Then this evening, I looked again out of curiosity and the one from yesterday and this morning are gone and a new one was created about 9PM. I have plenty of HDD space (247GB free), have the default amount allocated to it (12%), and have run Zone Alarm AV/AS, MalwareBytes, and SuperAntiSpyware (none of them found anything). Right now, my SR fo...

Place Templates
Well,. I. ...

Outlook 2003
How do I add a picture from my PC to show up in the body of the text of an email I am sending out in Outlook 2003? "MsKelly" <MsKelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80FC36DB-C8FB-44EB-9EEA-1CE6C1AEA0AC@microsoft.com... > How do I add a picture from my PC to show up in the body of the text of an > email I am sending out in Outlook 2003? Embed it in the body of an HTML or Rich Text message. Avoid Rich Text if the recipient doesn't use Outlook. I use copy/paste and it works fine. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

searching form multiple Values in a Text Field
Hi.. I have a table of Products and StateID. The products with a field for which states they are availble using the codes from the StateID table tbl-Products ProductID Description Available 1 "Blue Coffee Table" "1,2,3,5" 2 "Red Coffee Table" "2,3,4,19,21,18" tbl-StateID StateID State Country 1 AU ACT 2 AU NSW 3 AU VIC 4 AU QLD 5 AU SA 6 AU TAS 7 AU ...

Truncating decimal places
When I export a file (from Access or Excel) with a decimal value (in this case Lat. and Lon. values) to a text file, it truncates the decimals to two places. How do I stop this? It works fine if I export as text values. The decimal places are probably there, just not displayed. Select the cells and either click on the icon on the toolbar to increase the decimal places or change the formatting - Format | Cells... | Number tab | Number and increase the Decimal places. Regards Trevor "Greymane" <greymane21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b5501c402f6$140f8bb0$a501280a@...

Excel-cannot view info placed in cells
I built a spreadsheet, filled in the cells and saved the document. Now in trying to reopen it to add more info, I find that the spreadsheet does not show up at all when opened. Just gone. Thanks for any help. I have never had this issue before. Liz Liz: Do you mean you just have the "gray" area? If so, try opening and hit Window-->Arrange, and just hit OK. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "crayon" <crayon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98FD557-6417-407A-B5A5-B47F4141C7A7@microsoft.com... >I built a spreadshe...

Writing to text file
Hi all! Using VB 2008. I need to write to a text file. Create and write if it does not exist or append if it does. I have this code: If System.IO.File.Exists("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") Then 'Open file for append. Using oFile As System.IO.StreamWriter = System.IO.File.AppendText("G:\work\temp\TestTxtFiles\Box\testfile.txt") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 4") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 5") oFile.WriteLine("Test file line 6") oFile.Close() End Usin...

Excel Reference points to original file
Hello, I have 2 worksheets in a template workbook. Cell F13 of “work sheet 2” is referencing to G11 of “work sheet 1” using this reference(=' work sheet 1'!G11) I am programmatically copying the worksheets from template workbook to a new workbook and populating data into 'work sheet 1'!G11. 'work sheet 2'!F11 is not getting the value of 'work sheet 1'!G11. Instead 'work sheet 2'!F11 is pointing to the template workbook. This is what I see in the formula bar (='http://localhost/mydir/templates/[My Statement.xls]work sheet 1'!G11). I w...

Spacing problem in email text
When I'm typing a message in an email, I get a huge space after the apostrophe - rebooting doesn't correct it - any suggestions? ...

place cards
I want to create place cards for an upcoming event. Where are they in the wizards? ...

Great Plains should allow more decimal places for finance charges
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. Our intent was to charge a 5% annual interest rate for our finance charges; but, because Great Plains will only allow 2 decimal places for the monthly rate, we are charging a monthly rate of .41%, which equates to an annual rate of 4.92%, rather than being able to use a monthly rate of .41666666666666% (or something similar), which would allow us to get to the desired annual rate of 5%. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

signature to be placed at BOTTOM of the email
hi all I have one netscape 7.1 user, he have configure the signature when reply back the sender the signature is inserted at bottom of the quote how do we do it at MS Outlook 2003? In other words, it means, when he reply more than one time on the same email, ALL the signature is appear at the BOTTOM of the email thanks Version of Outlook is? You could insert the signature manually via Quick Parts or Auto text depending on the Outlook version and if Word is used as the editor. "gbkhor" <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote in message news:OUpyBEqfIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl.....

Place to put program
Howdy, I would like to know if there is a place one can put their program so someone might be able to tell you what needs to make the program better. I guess what I am talking about is a place where an Access programmer can tell me what I need to do to make it better or not. Dbulk a.k.a. Dale If you first compact it, then zip it. You can email it to: newsgroup at accessmvp dot com I'll post it to the AccessMVP website and anyone who wishes will be able to download it. Keep in mind that this is a public website and I have no control over whomever downloads it, so be...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Text Box Shapes
Hello Everyone. I was wondering if there was anyone who could shed some light on a subject of shaped text boxes. I am trying to get an L shaped box - i have tried 2 boxes together and doing the text box link feature but when it prints out there is a noticable difference in the spacing - when i tried overlapping them sending to back and sending to front - the text kept on dissappearing - does anyone know how to get and L shaped text box that is one box? any feedback or comments welcomed Thanks Heaps patchie Create a rectangle, no fill, no line. Place it so the text in your text box ...

My Network Places
For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on the desktop and works normally. The options available are My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer. It's a fresh build of XP on this machine, so I've probably forgotten to configure something. msnews.microsoft.com wrote: > For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network > Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on > the desktop and works normally. The options available ar...

Is it possible to use image files instead of points in a X-Y chart?
Dear colleagues I work as product manager and frequently I have to prepare a X-Y chart comparing the prices of the competitors products. Instead of using a legend, I want show the pictures of the real products. Actually, once the chart is ready I have copy-paste every picture. Do you know if it is possible to do that automatically in Excel 2007 ? Thanks make a text box on the chart insert the pictures of the products into the text box and add some text next to each picture delete the legend and let you textbox do its work best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Micros...

IF
Good morning, My brain is in drain mode today, so I am asking for your expert help. Spreadsheet : Column F contains dates in each row - dates vary from any date in 2009 to any date in 2011. Column U ~ BO Header row contains dates to the first of each month ( U = 09/11, W = 09/12, X = 1/10 ) formated to show m/y. I have played with the IF - statement, but I'm not getting what I need. I would like to have the cell under each m/y to place that date in, IF it falls within that month/year... or IF it falls between the m/y of the column to the left and the column to the right - ...

finding the coordinates of the maximum point on a graph
how can i find the coordinatres of the maximum point on a curve plotted in excel???? If you know the equation of the curve, use calculus. If you dont, consider one of the following: Eyeball the result. Adapt the idea in 'Read X and Y value of any point on a chart' http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/tips/read_chart_value/index.html Search the google.com archives of the XL NGs to find code that will give you how XL computes its smoothened line connecting the points (Dave Braden's cubic spline code and the bezier curve courtesy xlrotor.com). Then, use calculus with that equa...