How do I limit number of fonts available in Word

I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products.
How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: >
Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm
interested in.

Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the
current printer is capable of printing.
Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing
altogether.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Abi wrote:
> I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office
> products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a
> lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still
> seeing more than I'm interested in.

0
Graham

changing the font of the app title
I have managed to change the font of a dialog, but it works only for the client area. Is there a way to change the font of the title bar ? I also tried using the CDC in WM_PAINT, but this also seems to affect only the client area. (VC 6.0 SP5) Alex "Alexander M´┐Żller" wrote: > > I have managed to change the font of a dialog, but it works only for the > client area. > > Is there a way to change the font of the title bar ? > > I also tried using the CDC in WM_PAINT, but this also seems to affect only > the client area. > > (VC 6.0 SP5) > >...

Credit Card Number on Receipt
Hi, I have replaced the default credit card tendering window with my own hook in. After the transaction is cleared it prints a receipt but it will not print the masked credit card number on the receipt that I have swiped on my application. HI, Make sure you are updating the correct fields data in your application, second check the TenderEntry table and verified that credit card number is saved there. you need to use the SQL Query tool from administrator program for this. If the above information is verified now check the receipt.xml file and find the credit card printing call procedur...

Corrupt fonts won't allow me to Office programs
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC All Office programs will not open, the dialog box indicates that fonts are corrupt. I have no problems with the fonts in any other program and Fontbook shows that there is no problems with any of the fonts. Any ideas? On 3/31/08 9:03 54PM, in article ee96e9f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jimmyjames19@officeformac.com" <jimmyjames19@officeformac.com> wrote: > All Office programs will not open, the dialog box indicates that fonts are > corrupt. I have no problems with the fonts in any other program ...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Total Number of Hours
I have a tracking sheet and I entered the total number of hours spent on a project and then when I want the sume the total is 6.65 instead of 7.05 for 7 hours and 5 minutes. How do I fix this? The way I entered the time is 0.35 for 35 minutes. Do I need to enter the times a different way? If you are in a place that use : as a time delimiter then you need to enter it like hh:mm 35 minutes should be entered as 0:35 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "celeste" <celeste@discussions.micros...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

adding numbers #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. So 1h or 5h, etc... Is there a way I can select a bunch of cells. and add these numbers. Even though there is "h" in the cell? thanks SUM works just as well on time, just format the result cell as [h]:mm if it might exceed 24 hours. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote in message news:OvM5oBU1IHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I have a spreadsheet where I am storing hours. > So 1h or 5h, etc... > I...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

sequential numbers
I simply want to sequentially number rows in a column. However, some of the rows do not contain any data so do not need to be numbered. So there is in fact a blank. It´s also possible that i´d want to add another row, and auto update the number sequence. You cannot drag the auto numbering facility across cells that you want to remain empty of course, because they will be numbered. With your data in column A,: Formula in B1 :1 In B2: =IF(A2="",B1,B1+1) Fill down. Format B2: Format>Conditional Formatting Cell Value is, Equal to, B1 (remove the $signs if you clic...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

Outlook 2000 default font
I have a client who is unable to change the default font when using word 2000 as her email editor. I changed the writing sytle and personal stationery. When the client opens a new message it still has the old font. I also save the email.dot with the new font the client wanted and when a new email was opened it still had the old font. Does anyone have any suggestions? I too have a client with this same behavior. Any feedback, folks? "HelpDesk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17a4d01c41e35$46de99f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client who i...

removing fonts from dropdown list in Word 2008

Rollup 1 and Custom Add On's (MS-CRM Word)
I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 affect these? Thanks, Lloyd Hello Lloyd, No. The Rollup will not affect GroupCalendar or WordMailMerge. Regards, Christian Ternek _________________________ www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! WordMailMerge for MS CRM GroupCalendar for MS CRM Telephone Integration for MS CRM EmailSignature for MS CRM > I have the Word anf GroupCalender from MS-CRM Addons. Will the Rollup1 > affect these? > > Thanks, Lloyd > Temptus has WordConnect as full Office integration with Microsoft CRM 3.0...

Excel to word.
Can anyone help.....I want to create a Invioce within word that would calculate above fields and and add Tax and finally give the gross figure. Same as you would achieve withon Excel. I do not want toinsert a table as I feel this would be confusing to the user. Is there a field that I can insert that would do the calculation for me in the same way I would do in Excel. Regards Cheryl Hi MS Word does support some calculated fiels but I'd suggest you post this question to the MS Word newsgroup :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

GENERATE RANDOM NUMBERS BUT EXCLUDE A NUMBER IN THE SEQUENCE
I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? > I NEED TO GENERATE A RANDOM NUMBER BETWEEN 1-9 BUT NEED TO EXCLUDE > WHATEVER IS IN THE CELL ABOVE IT. IF THE CELL ABOVE IT SAYS 8. I NEED > TO GENERATE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,OR 9. IM STUMPED? On way: In A2:A100, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) In B1, put =RANDBETWEEN(1,9) In B2, put =A2+(A2>=B1) and copy down to B100 Use the values in column B. I might of explained it wrong. I want to use random(1,9) but...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

cannot complete with available resources.
I have an excel spreadsheet that has 21 sheets. 1 is the summary, 1 is the template for sql query, and 19 are for the data. I am listing open orders for 19 locations and summarizing it on a Summary Sheet. I have a macro that uses the sheet name (ex 201 the location name) to query (SQL2000 database) and retrieve data to the "template" sheet. It then copies the data from the "template" sheet to the data sheet (ex Sheets!201). It does this for all 19 sheets. While doing that it totals up information to put on the summary sheet. My users are getting the following e...

Convert Wordstar to Word 2007?
Is there still a file converter for Wordstar (circa 1992 -- I no longer know the version number) to Microsoft Word (I'm using Office 2007, but I still have computers with 2003 and 2000 installed)? I've searched the MS Knowldege Base, which refers to a Wordstar converter ONLY in the Office 2000 Converter Pack. This pack has been withdrawn, however, because of "security issues." The replacement Office 2003 Converter Pack does not appear to contain any Wordstar converter, nor does there appear to be one for Office 2007. It would appear that Microsoft has left m...

Finding the number of records in a query
Hi there! I want to restrict my users from running a query if there are records in a second query. The second query has 2 parameters based on forms, [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![InventoryNum] and [Forms]![frmInvBusNums]![BusUnit] The code I'm trying to run, which is totally wrong looks something like this: Dim db As DAO.Database ' Dim rst As DAO.Recordset ' ' Set db = CurrentDb ' ' ' set rst=db.QueryDefs "Discrepancy_Report" ' If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then ' MsgBox "There are conflicts" ' Exit Sub ' ...

Convert Number to Word in Receipt
Hi all, How can i convert Transaction amount to Words in receipt XML file. Is any function like CurrencyToString there..? thanks in advance, CP.Dinesh VbCurrencyWords, this is one of the values of attribute 'type' of the SET element. Rob "C.P.Dinesh" wrote: > Hi all, > > How can i convert Transaction amount to Words in receipt XML file. > Is any function like CurrencyToString there..? > > thanks in advance, > > CP.Dinesh > > Thanks Rob. "Rob" wrote: > VbCurrencyWords, this is one of the values of attribute 'ty...

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

list numbers in a block of cells
Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Like: 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Assume source data in A1:C4 Put in say, E1: =OFFSET($A$1,INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3),MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,3)) Copy E1 down to E12 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote in message news:%23PyCLFqPIHA.5140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. > > 400 600 800 > 350 200 6...