How do I keep my toolbars showing all the time?

My toolbars used to show all the time.  Now they sort of retract and
disappear when I click on the page.  If I click on "Home" or "Page Layout"
the toolbars show.  But then they disappear when I click on the document.
How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

Double-click on any of the tabs and your RIBBON will come back.

On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Marjon <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My toolbars used to show all the time. =A0Now they sort of retract and
> disappear when I click on the page. =A0If I click on "Home" or "Page Layo=
ut"
> the toolbars show. =A0But then they disappear when I click on the documen=
t. =A0
> How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

48
Peter

Scheduling Time by Job per Week Excel 03
Is there a way to have time spread across columns named by Week. For example I want to show 20 hours for a job, but it should be alotted between 2 weeks by due date. A1 = Due Date A2 = Number of Hours A3 = Wk 1 A4 = Wk 2 A5 = Wk 3 Time would be spread out through a 2 wk period with due date during Wk 2. Thank you, Sandi ...

Can I show email and calendar in one view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to figure out a way to have a calendar view to the right of my inbox, either in place of the preview plane or next to it. <br><br>Is there any way to do this? Hi, you can only have the mini-calendar show up right next to the inbox. If it is not already visible, just click on the tiny triangle button in the lower left corner of the Entourage main window. If you want a calendar or a list showing your appointments (as you can in the Windows version of Ou...

every time I use word after last microsoft updates it wont work
After the last auto update from microsoft my word 2007 will not work correctly. it will not allow me to edit and when i try to close it shows a box saying microsoft office has stopped working. I have deleted and reloaded the program but no joy. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. thatmosis wrote: > After the last auto update ...

how to not show comand prompt
I have a MFC prog that needs to fire a command based prog. everything seems to be going fine but I would like to be able to not have the command box 'flash up' before finishing it's job. Basically I'd like to make it 'silent' and run in the background if you get what I mean. I dont really want to mess around with the console app and convert it to a DLL if I can help it. Is there an easy way of getting the current application directory BTW? For a beginner such as myself most of the explanaitions I've read seem a little vauge. Mind you if I keep trying long eno...

switching from Today screen to inbox shows no messages
Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Pro system. When switching from the today screen to the inbox, i can't see any messages in my inbox. They are there alright but the top left windowpane of Outlook does not refresh correctly. When switching to the outbox and back to the inbox again, they become vissible again. Any suggestions ? I think it might have to do with the high resolution lcd screen on my portable. It uses 1400x1050 as native resolution. ...

what function in excell do i use to show lead postions in columns
Hi, Can anyone please help me? I am writing a simple totalize program in Excell. Each month i will add data to various columns. Each month these figures will change the positions of each column. For example: the first moth column A may be 36, column B may be 24 and column C may be 19; this will give a rank structure A = First, B = Second and C= Third. The following month these numbers will increase because of new data that will be added, however with this new data, Column A may now be Second, C maybe first and B remain second. What I require is Function, Marco “what ever it’s call...

Drop down *buttons* in toolbars
How can I create drop-down (or pull-out) *buttons* in toolbars? All the examples I have found tell me how to create a drop-down *menu* - which isn't what I need. You can see examples of this in MS Word (for instance the border toolbar button). Thanks in advance. Sandeep What you see in Word is not a toolbar. That functionality(pull out menu) is not included in common controls. You will have to develop it yourself or buy some 3rd party library such as www.codejock.com etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Sandeep Pulla" <bogusami@hotmail.com> wrote in me...

CDateTime and how to get current date/time format
HI, I would like to display a 24H-hour format in a CDateTime Control so I know the SetFormat method but how can I get the current date/time format string ? mosfet a �crit : > HI, > > I would like to display a 24H-hour format in a CDateTime Control so I > know the SetFormat method but how can I get the current date/time format > string ? > > > Ok I answer to myself : GetLocaleInfo(LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, LOCALE_STIMEFORMAT, szTimeFtm, 32); ...

Error causing the selected data not to show
I'm making a chart that is for a physics class, heres the problem. I graph volume vs. radius and it works fine. so i then calculate radius squared and graph volume and r^2 but it show a weird line then in the first tab of information (using x-y scatter chart) is say below that the data can not be desplayed because the graph is to complex. Its 2 sources of date . . .TO COMPLEX????. any ideas what the deal is. thanks You will have more control over the chart source data if you click on the Series tab. On the Data Range tab, you can only see the data if it's in a well defined re...

Employee Time Clock and Tracking
Does anyone have a good database used for tracking employee times throughout the day for loggin in, breaks, lunches, and loggin out...or something similar to this I could use? I would appreciate it if you could point me to something besides the one that Access suggests already to use. Thanks. If you want folks to suggest something that would meet more of your needs than "the one that Access suggests", you'll probably want to tell us what those needs are that the one Access suggests doesn't meet... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaim...

Show which cell has MAX, MIN values?
At the bottom of a couple thousand rows of data, I have =MAX and =MIN formulas. Is there some way I could make the cells beneath my MAX and MIN formulas show me the address of which cell has the displayed MAX or MIN value? At least the row number? Ed Ed, To return the row =MATCH(cell with Max or Min value,range starting in row 1,false) or to return the address, say, in Cell N3000, for a value given in N2999 =ADDRESS(MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE),COLUMN(N1)) or to return other matching information, like a name in column A =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(N2999,N1:NN2998,FALSE)) HTH, Bernie MS E...

too long execution time and access violation error
Hello, Here is my problem. I first wrote a program for simplicity as a console application for image processing tasks. The program runs fine and gives correct result(a processed image) with an execution time of 30 microseconds. It has to run as MFC application. So i added few controls and a function to MFC and just copied my conole app code inside that new function. What happens now is that the same code that took 30 microsecond in console is now taking 55 seconds in MFC although in the end the correctly processed image is displayed. But then when i exit the application it raises access vio...

List box (and queries) not sorting dates or showing correct headers
G'day all, I have inherited a system with a search function screen that is acting weird. There are actually two search screens, both constructed in a similar fashion, but the first does what it is supposed to do and the second is misbehaving. The form has a bunch of unbound controls allowing the user to enter search criteria. The only mandatory criteria is the sort order, which is set from a combo box. The data source for the combo box is a table, sys_GAPSSortBy, which contains a list of query names and a user- friendly label for use by the combo box. When the user clicks the "Searc...

Issues and Risks Not Showing up
Experts, This seems simple but I cannot get it to work. If I create a risk in my project workspace, assign it to myself, shouldn't I be able to see those risks in my PWA Reminder section? I am not able to do that May be a sync issue. First thing I would check is whether or not the workspace template has been updated incorrectly. Was it updated? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Experts, > > This seems simple but I cannot get it to work. If I create a risk in > my project workspace, assign it to myself, shouldn't I be ab...

Inserting rows in link source
Hi. Please help if you know an answer: - I am trying to setup a workbook with 2 worksheets. - The left column in each worksheet needs to be identical. - I have setup a link from the contents of the left column in worksheet1 to worksheet2 (copying the range in worksheet1, and pasting as link into worksheet 2) - When I change an entry in one of the linked range of cells in worksheet1, the change appears in the corresponding cell in worksheet2. good. - When I insert a row in the middle of the dataset, worksheet1 shows the new row, but not in worksheet2. I'd like this to work so w...

Change resource working time for a specific project (Project Serve
Hello, we need to set a resource to only work for one (1) day per week on a specific project (because we want to book the rest 4 days to work in another project). [At the Enterprise Pool level, the resource is correctly setup to work five (5) days per week] Is there any way we can achieve this? Thanks in advance, YP Since you are probably talking about Project Server, best to repost where the gurus hang out: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 31/03/10 16:39, Yannis wrote: > Hello, > > we need to set a resource to ...

Access 2003 databases keep corrupting
I am using a new laptop (six months old) and am the first person to use Access 2003 on it. I copied two databases from other machines to it and created one from scratch. All of these databases keep crashing, but sending the error message to MS doesn't result in a response from them. These databases have no problems on other machines. e.g. I wanted to use a form as the basis for another one, so used CTRL C CTRL V to copy it, giving it a new name. The new form did not appear, but when I closed the database it asked if I wanted to save it, and a module of the same name. I said no...

Time-value axis labels
I am using a time-value x-axis. My minimum point is 10/31/08 and my maximum is 10/31/11. I have the base unit as days and the major unit interval set as months. In Excel 2003, this gave me axis labels of 10/31, 11/30, 12/31 etc. In 2007 it gives me 10/31, 12/1, 1/1 etc. - I cannot figure out how to make it show the labels as of the last day of the month instead of the first day of the next month. EXCEL 2007 If I set things up exactly as you state I get the right days along the X axis. My underlying data for the dates I set up as Custom Format dd-mmm-yy. Maybe if yo...

Automatic Review Toolbar
When my boss opens a file of mine off the network for review, the subject toolbar displays automatically, irritatingly. Can this automatic feature be turned off? I couldn't find it in the Tools/Options or in Help. TIA Kevin Sprinkel You could use an Auto_Open macro that hides the toolbar upon opening: Sub Auto_Open() Application.Toolbars("Reviewing").Visible = False End Sub Press Alt+F11, Insert > Module, and copy this code. Then save the workbook. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >When my boss opens a file of mine off the network for >r...

Client can not receive invitation (appointment) inbox, but show calendar appointment.
Hi, I have few people are complainting that they did not recieve the invitation from inviter. Therefore, I did test by sending invitation (calendare appointment)to user_A whom has the problem and my tester user. My test user did recieve the invitation email but not user_A. However, if I go to user_A calendar then it will show the invitation name and time I book; when I went to appointment and it offered accept, decline and etc action items. This is puzzle to me, why the user did not receive the invitation and book the time frame of the appointment? Is this Exchange or Outlook. I d...

CRM 3.0 Client doesn't show up in the Add/Remove Programs list Win
I am trying to follow the procedure below, from the CRM Implementation manual chapter 21. However, I cannot do step 3, as every install I have done so far (offline & online) has not entered anything into Add\Remove programs. (The Windows admin said he sees the registry keys in place that disallow the ability to uninstall the app.) So is this documentation incorrect? Or, my actual question is: What is the recommended method for a complete and clean uninstall of the CRM Outlook client - both the online and offline versions ==== Excerpt from the manual ============ Uninstall the Micro...

time out
Hi, I noticed when deleting files in OS level(not related to database) caused application level data connection "time out". Is it related or I have IO problem? Please advice. Thanks. (someone@js.com) writes: > I noticed when deleting files in OS level(not related to database) caused > application level data connection "time out". Is it related or I have IO > problem? Please advice. No the slightest idea. There is just too little information. On which machine are you deleting files? What kind of files? Many files? Big files? What times out? Q...

Folder bar shows "Inbox (5)" but there are no messages there ?
In short : How can I delete non existent messages please ? No messages open up. Go to View - Show or Hide - select Show All Messages "headache5678" <Butler@kevra.com> wrote in message news:0CE04060-BB53-4026-8D57-E882CADDF1D8@microsoft.com... > In short : How can I delete non existent messages please ? No messages > open up. > > "headache5678" <Butler@kevra.com> wrote in message news:0CE04060-BB53-4026-8D57-E882CADDF1D8@microsoft.com... > In short : How can I delete non existent messages please ? No messages &...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Exchange server refresh and sync time #2
Is there any way to adjust the refresh time on the Exchange server? Lets say I recieve an email at 4pm and read it so it is marked read. If i go home and check my email on a different computer, say 7pm, the message will filter into my inbox as unread. Is there any way to speed up the time that exchange updates users? Any help is greatly appreciated ...