how do I insert bullets in the same line(row)?

I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so that
the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
* a     *b     *c
*d     *e     *f

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurricane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
>that
> the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
> * a     *b     *c
> *d     *e     *f

Stefan
1/14/2010 7:18:00 PM
Use the text box on the Insert tab.  I just took a class on that.
--
JLH

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
> Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurricane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
> >that
> > the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
> > * a     *b     *c
> > *d     *e     *f
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> .

Use the text box
--
JLH

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
> Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurricane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
> >that
> > the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
> > * a     *b     *c
> > *d     *e     *f
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> .

If you're going to use it a lot, after you've located it in the Insert
Symbol panel, assign a Keyboard Shortcut to it (button at the bottom
left-middle of Insert Symbol).

On Jan 14, 2:18=A0pm, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
> Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurric...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess=
age

> >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
> >that
> > the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
> > * a =A0 =A0 *b =A0 =A0 *c
> > *d =A0 =A0 *e =A0 =A0 *f
>
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.-
0
Peter
1/14/2010 8:55:56 PM
Why don't you use a table and select the character you want as the bullet.
That way you don't have to keep "inserting" a bullet, just tab to the next
cell. To print, select no lines from the table formatting box, and the lines
won't appear when the document is printed.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

> If you're going to use it a lot, after you've located it in the Insert
> Symbol panel, assign a Keyboard Shortcut to it (button at the bottom
> left-middle of Insert Symbol).
>
> On Jan 14, 2:18 pm, "Stefan Blom"
> <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
> > Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).
> >
> > --
> > Stefan Blom
> > Microsoft Word MVP
> >
> > "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurric...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
> > >that
> > > the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
> > > * a     *b     *c
> > > *d     *e     *f
> >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.-
> .

I can conceivably see how a three column table could help, but a text box?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Joe-Ho" <Joeman2010@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> Use the text box on the Insert tab.  I just took a class on that.
> --
> JLH
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Use the Symbol dialog box (Insert | Symbol in Word 2003 or Insert tab |
>> Symbol | More Symbols in Word 2007).
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jvrsshurricane" <jvrsshurricane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I understand how to insert bullets line by line but how do you do it so
>> >that
>> > the bullets appear on the same line. like this:
>> > * a     *b     *c
>> > *d     *e     *f
>> >
>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> .

-1
Graham

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

record cash receipt by invoice line item
Great Plains should allow the option to enter one cash receipt per invoice line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=397cb5cd-706b-4edf-b717-1f0f64a1c01e&a...

record cash receipt by line item
Great Plains should give an option to record cash receipt per line item on an invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=29790378-1040-4f47-90f1-65567d808f0c&...

Calc Field to list invoices paid by same check on one line of repo
Hi I have a customer who wanted a check dump file to send to their bank. Once the bank receives the file (in txt or tab delimited), they will use the infomration to actually print the checks for the customer. (This is not a positive pay file situation.) I was able to take one of the check forms and modify it to get all the data required by the bank. I am running into a snafu with getting it down to one line per check with multiple invoices listed one one line. It is listing the total check and one line per each invoice paid by the check: Example: Ck 2345 for $800.00 -...

Not plot zero on line chart without using NA?
Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate the formula to show NA? If there were, would we settle for using NA()? We've been asking for something better for several versions of Excel. There are two options: use NA() in the formula, or delete the formula altogether. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Homer wrote: > Is there any way to have a line chart ignore the zeros other than manipulate > the formula to show NA? > > That's what I thought, but I figured I'd take a shot at ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Combine rows of data and use if/then with results
Greetings, I am trying to combine rows of data for e-learning students and then determine certification status; here’s an extract as an example: Smith Module 1 Completed Jones Module 1 Completed Doe Module 1 Not Started Smith Module 2 Completed Jones Module 2 Completed Doe Module 2 Not Started Smith Module 3 Completed Jones Module 3 In Progress Doe Module 3 Not Started First I’d like to sort by Last Name. Once sorted I need status – if all 3 modules completed, status='certified'. If only 1 or 2 have been completed, status='in progress', if none have been...

Insert a blank row

Delete fixed rows in Excel
Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun and the definition of "fixed" is? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906BF7E8-50A8-458E-AC5B-D0D246727A5C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel. > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Arjun The rows on the top of the page (grey in color). "Don Guillett" wrote: > and the definition of "fixed" is? > >...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How to extract multiple rows based on data in one column
I work at an insurance brokerage where we can download payment statements in an Excel format. We would like to search a list of policy numbers (as a group vs. individually) and then extract the entire row the policy number falls in into another spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? You would normally use VLOOKUP to do this, assuming the policy number is in the first column of your data - if not, then you would use and INDEX/MATCH combination. However, both VLOOKUP and MATCH will only find the first match - I'm a bit confused as your heading talks about extracting multiple rows, so do yo...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...