How do I hide the paragraph symbols when composing an email?

I accidentally hit one or more keys on my keyboard and all of a sudden the
paragraph symbols and other junk appears on every email I create. How do I
get rid of them?  I use Outlook, and my operating system is Windows XP
Professional Version 2002, service pack 3.  Thanks. Pete

If your complaint were about Word, we would tell you to press Ctrl-
Shift-8 again.

But for Outlook, you'll have to ask in an Outlook group.

Your recipients, however, will not see the non-printing characters,
and you can do a better job generally when word processing if you keep
them visible (at least the paragraph and tab marks).

On Jun 5, 5:25=A0pm, Pete <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I accidentally hit one or more keys on my keyboard and all of a sudden th=
> paragraph symbols and other junk appears on every email I create. How do =
> get rid of them? =A0I use Outlook, and my operating system is Windows XP
> Professional Version 2002, service pack 3. =A0Thanks. Pete

0
Peter

Creepy stealth email
This problem is pretty interesting. It is some kind of exploit allowing a spammer to subvert all possible Outlook mail guards. Read carefully for a complete description. I am using Outlook 2003 with the junk filter at its high setting. It is atching all but a few of the 200 or so that come in each day. About three times a day, this one piece of spam slips through, always with the same text. It is selling Super [misspelled hardening pill brand name] and blah blah blah. Anyway, since it's always the same I thought I'd add a simple rule to delete it... Filters (rules) do not seem to be ...

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

duplication of forwarded email
let me see which paint and brush I should use : - ) Sorry to reply after so long was on leave but my problem still persists and so i will keep digging. There is no forwarding set on his private mail (that would be via MS Outlook). All forwarding has been set via the ADUC mmc on Exchange. Just to recap the observed phenomenon: 1. My boss travels a lot and because we dont have OWA for users external to our network, he uses a public email service (let not worry about whether its yahoo blackerry gmail hotmail etc as they all behave the same and it means the issue at hand is not related t...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Emailing a Worksheet
Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that th recepient can make changes to the worksheet and send it back to me? I so, can I then replace the existing worksheet with the revise worksheet I receive back? Thanks for any help. (I'm looking to avoi having to send an entire workbook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the following site for some example code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that the > recepient can make...

hide my name

How do I remove the paragraph symbol off a new message?
I read a post that was on the website and saw the one about clicking the symbol in my toolbar to remove that, but I don't have that symbol on my toolbar. Any other ideas? You can press Ctrl+Shift+8 to show/hide nonprinting marks. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Stephanie Lung" <Stephanie Lung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B4B3C3-9D89-441C-810E-CA757B777B94@microsoft.com... >I read a post that was on the website and saw the one about clicking the > symbol in my toolbar to remove that, but I don...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

How do I prevent automatiic download of email?
I have just migrated fråm Outlook Express to WLM, but I have one question: I am using Mailwasher to sort out spam before downloading my email, so I do not want WLM to download email messages automatically. I have left all the checkboxes about downloading/sending email in Options/General unchecked, but WLM downloads the email all the same. How can I prevent that? "Hans_N" <Hans_N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69898E05-8A13-499D-BC38-C46D75C773AB@microsoft.com... > I have just migrated fråm Outlook Express to WLM, but I have one qu...

Can't receive emails?
I have switched all infor from Outlook Express to Office 2003. I can send mail but I can't receive email in Office 2003. I have went to FILE-EXPORT in OE. Please help -- dagnag Are you still using OE? If so, and you have a POP3 account, you could be downloading mail in OE and removing it from the server. This would make it impossible to re-download it in Outlook. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "dagnag" <dagnag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3073F505-11DF-49C...

CC'ing Inbound Emails
I have a client that would like to capture emails from a particular domain. He wants the messages to be delivered to the intended recipient but wants a copy of the email to go to him. Is this possible with Exchange 2003 or only a 3rd party program? On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:34:02 -0800, Tyler Barnes <TylerBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client that would like to capture emails from a particular domain. >He wants the messages to be delivered to the intended recipient but wants a >copy of the email to go to him. Is this possible with Exchange 2003 or onl...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Odd OL2003 email problem after install of Norton 2004
Hi Folks, I just installed Norton Internet Security and Systemworks 2004, and all of a sudden Outlook is doing something odd. Any email composed while viewing any screen other than Outbox ends up in the Outbox as "undated" and will not send (no error messages). While in the Outbox I can compose an email and it will show up as dated and send normally provided there is at least one dummy message in the Outbox that is undated. This happens even if I disable Norton. Anyone got a clue as to why this is happening or what I can do about it? Thanks! Scot ...

Contact email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have deleted a friend's old email from Entourage and entered the new one. The old email is nowhere listed in my contact list, nor in address book, nor on my iPhone or Mobile Me. However, when I'm sending an email to my friend, Entourage &quot;helpfully&quot; provides the deleted email contact and if I don't notice, puts that one in the &quot;to&quot; or &quot;cc&quot; line. How can I get rid of this email info that isn't anywhere but sill reappears? ...

setting filter rule for email
Hi, can someone tell me how to set up a rule to automatically put incoming email with a missing name in the "From" field (i.e. the sender field is blank) in the trash folder? Thanks, ~C ...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

How do I get my XP Pro Outlook to auto fill email addresses?
My Microsoft XP Professional Outlook has stopped the auto fill function when emailing to parties that I've previously emailed to, so I have to retype the persons email address each time. Have reinstalled the program and run the detect & repair to no avail. Not sure where or what my problem is, but would appreciate any suggestions. Auto fill function works fine in Google, etc., but not in Outlook. Did the feature ever work? Assuming you still have the feature turned on, this usually means a corrupt profile. Create a new one with a different name. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &q...

Hiding plot Area

Email bar
Whenever I open up an email from someone. Right under the headers there is a small colored bar that runs across it. I have noticed that I cannot click any links in the email till the bar quits running. Is there anyway to disable this. I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Could you please try opening Outlook with safe mode: Start > Run : Outlook.exe /safe Same bar appearing again? -- Kolay gelsin, C´┐Żneyt MCDST, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCT "Ken" <kbishop53@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:uZ4c1X7yIHA.2208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Whenever I open up an email from so...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...