How do I get a "fix" to open .docx files with word 2000?

My version of Word won't open .docx files.  Without buying an upgrade, how do
I download a "fix"??

CWP wrote:
> My version of Word won't open .docx files.  Without buying an
> upgrade, how do I download a "fix"??

Download the Office Compatibility Pack from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466.

Before you apply the pack, make sure your Office programs have been updated
to Service Pack 3, as indicated in the System Requirements section of that
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

0
Jay
3/30/2010 3:23:35 PM
The subject of your message suggests that your Word version is 2007? Docx is
the default file format for Word 2007. What happens when you try to open
such a document?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"CWP" <CWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My version of Word won't open .docx files.  Without buying an upgrade, how
> do
> I download a "fix"??

0
Graham
3/31/2010 8:09:17 AM
How are you getting that from the subject line? To me it sounds like CWP has
Word 2000.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> The subject of your message suggests that your Word version is 2007? Docx
> is the default file format for Word 2007. What happens when you try to
> open such a document?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "CWP" <CWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My version of Word won't open .docx files.  Without buying an upgrade,
>> how do
>> I download a "fix"??

0
Suzanne
3/31/2010 12:14:23 PM
I read the questionmark as a 7. I think I need new spectacles  :(

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> How are you getting that from the subject line? To me it sounds like CWP
> has Word 2000.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> The subject of your message suggests that your Word version is 2007? Docx
>> is the default file format for Word 2007. What happens when you try to
>> open such a document?
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "CWP" <CWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> My version of Word won't open .docx files.  Without buying an upgrade,
>>> how do
>>> I download a "fix"??

0
Graham
3/31/2010 1:56:00 PM
Yep!

--

>I read the questionmark as a 7. I think I need new spectacles  :(
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> How are you getting that from the subject line? To me it sounds like CWP
>> has Word 2000.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> The subject of your message suggests that your Word version is 2007?
>>> Docx is the default file format for Word 2007. What happens when you try
>>> to open such a document?
>>>
>>> --
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>>
>>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>>

>>> "CWP" <CWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Suzanne

fixed asset date vs. GL date
Hello: I realize that the GL Posting date in the GL interface is the date of posting to the GL for asset additions. What date updates the fixed assets subledger, however, for fixed asset additions? Specifically, what I'm getting at has to do with importing fixed assets. In order to update fixed assets for fixed asset additions and to have the date of posting to fixed assets to be the end of the month, should I change the Great Plains user date to 01/31/06 when I conduct the import of the new assets? Or, does it even matter about the date of posting to the fixed assets subledger...

How to fix the width of a ListView column ?
Hi: I have a CListCtrl control. I'd like to fix the column width so that the user cannot change the column width. Is it possible? Thanks Polaris ...

Fixed Asset Menu Option Not Available
I have a desktop and a laptop with GP loaded on both. On my laptop, "Fixed Assets" is available from the menu. On the desktop, "Fixed Assets" is not available and I am logging in with the same user account. How do I get the "Fixed Assets" menu option to display? It sounds like the Fixed Assets software isn't installed on the desktop. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Mark G." wrote: > I have a desktop and a laptop with GP loaded on both. On my laptop, "Fixed > Assets" is avai...

Does Access store data in fixed lenght or variable length format
Hi, This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / rows? I realize that the answer is some what immaterial as it works the way it does, but as I said I would like to know for my own knowledge. Thanks, -- Dennis On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:27:01 -0800, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access >stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / r...

Fixed Assets Financial Master (FA00902) Details
Are transaction records from the FA00902 ever removed or deleted by processes in GP? For example, do any of the year-end close processes for Fixed Assets or GP clear out records from earlier FA Years and FA Periods? Thanks! David, No, there is no process in FA Great Plains that will delete records from the FA00902. Unless you delete the asset from the book, then that will remove all corresponding asset records in the FA00902. Hope this helps. Rheiner "GPDavid" wrote: > Are transaction records from the FA00902 ever removed or deleted by processes &...

How to fix a messed up balance?
Is there a way to redo or recreate your checking account balance in money? Mine seems to be messed up after balancing (stated in a previous message on here) ...

EDST
So, I understand that I need to update my Exchange Server OS, update the CDO on Exchange and my BES server, updates the OS on my clients, and run the Exchange Calendar tool to alter meetings in the affected period. Forgetting about the calendar items I already have created in the affected time period, which of these actions, if any, cause calendar items created AFTER the action has taken place to be "EDST aware"? In other words, which of these changes ensures that I won't have problems with March 15th appointments in 2008, and 2009, and 2010...? I am assuming I don't...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Publisher pastes in a different format from copied text. Fix?
Publisher 2007 Pasted text is always Arial, 1.14 sp between lines, 9 pt after paragraphs, regardless of format or font of copied text. How do I make it paste exactly what is copied? From where are you copying? Have you tried paste special? Are you pasting directly into a created text box or are you letting Publisher create the box? Have you tried importing the text directly? Select the text box, right-click, change text, text file, browse to the file. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vegas Roy" <Vega...

Need code fix for searching
Greetings, I have a form that I use to search records. There are two fields, SearchSurname and SearchCallSign, and I only want to search based on one of these. Two things, I have created an AfterUpdate event that deletes(?) the other field if the current field has text entered into it, and I'm not sure it does what I want. Second, what code would I use and where would I place it to display a MsgBox if no records are found so that the results form is not opened. Thanks in advance. Here is my code: ----------------------------------- Private Sub cmdSearch_Click() On Error GoTo Err...

how to divide all values with a fixed value ?
how can i divide all values in one data column in a pivottable with the same data value in another column in the same pivot table ? how do you specify the reference in the calculated field so it always takes the same 1 value ? this is very urgent. thanks in advance. -- fax ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486922 I think what you're looking for is an Absolute Reference. So, let's say yo...

auto-incrementing the next fixed asset ID
Hello: Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed Asset Management? childofthe1980s Hi Child, grrr, I feel your pain. The way I have done it is with VBA. I put a button on the form to get the next ID number. I stored the last ID number in the DUOS table and then retrieve and increment it. My client sometimes wants to assign their own, hence the button. Kind regards, Leslie "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Does anyone have code to auto-increment the next Asset ID in GP 10.0 Fixed > Asset Management? ...

Fixed Assets labels.
Hi, A customer is using GP 8.0 whit fixed assets module installed. He wants to do an inventory assets and ticket every asset whit a code bar. I think it can use a label field to store a code bar for each asset. Also, this field can be imported into fixed assets module. Is that correct? Thanks. -- Evelin. Yes, you are correct. Go into Setup> Fixed Assets > User Preferences to identify the location of the files for the asset label (etc.) export. -- Jim "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > A customer is using GP 8.0 whit fixed assets module installed. He wants...

Fixing a cell number in a formula
Hi, I have value 215 in cell G5. However when I drag the formula down, G is changed to G6, and G7, and G8 etc. How can I fix the cell number i the formula to G5? thanks for any help, E -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When you are writing the formula, do one of the following 1. After you enter G5, press the F4 function at the top of your keyboard. This will insert a $ before the G and before the 5. That will keep it from changing Or, you can type the $ signs in yourself If you are only dragging down, you technically only need to place the $ in front of the row number tj...

Fixing SFO errors
We have been having all sorts of different SFO errors with pages not loading correctly etc. After calling MS we got some decent info I thought I would share for people who maybe running into similar problems. 1. In Outlook 2003 increase the amount of ram to Forms to 8192 2. Clear the forms cache 3. Install the 2003 Forms Cache hotfix Im awaiting instructions on where the hotfix and what needs to be done, but basically our problem was when running SFO we would get script errors sometimes when having multiple windows open at the same time. Most specifically was when creating a new accoun...

Pasting web page that Data>Text to columns won't fix very well
I am pasting a web page (such fun!) to Excel, using Paste Special an the Text option. It gives me the information pertaining to each item that I want sprea into two rows, which slighly complicates things to begin with. Ther is also information in each row that is not easily separable by usin the Data>Text to columns, without using that tool over and over an over and over and over. I'd like to know if anyone can help with a formula/formulas to tak this text, separate it out into columns all on the same row. Or mayb a macro. I am not concerned with appearance, as all the informatio t...

Typing "B" throws the cursor backward and deletes text -- fix?
I know there is a macro or something set up here, but I can't find it. Typing a "B" throws my cursor backward and highlights text. It's driving me nuts! This happens in Office documents, Outlook, and Explorer. Can anybody tell me where to look to fix this major annoyance? ...

how do you fix a template download error
When I try to use any of the templates in Word, an error message appears. I have an internet connection, I am in online mode. Any suggestions? Thanks As a workaround, you can try downloading the template(s) directly from the Templates section at Office online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033. Make sure to save the downloaded templates in your user templates folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "simonedtaylor1" <simonedtaylor1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6BE45DD-9372-40C2-81...

icon weirdness: quick fix & ?
Hi all, I'm using Axialis IconWorkshop 5.0 to make icons with XP supported transparency, and importing them into my MSVC 6.0 project. All is well with the 48 x 48 and 16 x 16 icons--they have beautiful rounded edges, but the 32 x 32 icons have an ugly black border. I figured out this kludgy fix: 1. Copy the .ico file into the /res directory in your project 2. In the icon folder of the resource editor, right click and choose "import", and browse to the .ico file in the /res directory 3. Delete IDR_MAINFRAME, and rename your new resource IDR_MAINFRAME (Right click, choose prop...

Registry Errors, how to fix?
On using OneCare registry Clean i get the following errors File type associations (4 errors, 0 skipped) Error Items HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.cda HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\FileExts\.wmd HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wms HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.wmz I would like to know how do i fix these errors --- arico You don't. Just leave them alone as is. It will do not harm and will not slow down the system -- Peter Please Re...

Fixing the size of a row
Hello everyone, I've been trying to fix the size of a row : the size of this row is 15 and whatever the content of my row is, I want it to stay equal to 15 ? Is it possible ? Thanks a lot for your help, What data will you enter in these rows? Is it very likely to increase the row height? If you don't want to check this manually, you'll have to use VBA. Now, VBA can trap certain events, a.o. changing cells, selection cells, activating a sheet,... But not the changing of the row height. Thus, you could write some event procedure, and each time the event occurs, chec...

Spell check crashes even after the fixes you have suggested.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Every time I spell check my doc, the system crashes at some point. I can never get through the whole doc. I even bought the Office MacDisc kit to upgrade and still have the problem. I am ready to go back to an old typewriter! Help! This indicates there is a problem in your document that is crashing Word. That's not uncommon. First, update Mac Office to the latest level and come back and tell us what your update level then is. Please also tell us which language your Office installation is, and which languages ar...

Fixed decimal places
In Excel 2002 when decimals are fixed at 2 places, and you enter 1. it will display as 1.00. In Excel 2003 when decimals are fixed at 2 places, and you enter 1. it displays .01 (you need to enter 1.0 to get 1.00. Is there a fix for this; as an accountant entering large amounts of numbers it will be hard to learn the extra keystrokes. Try entering with no fixed decimals, then format afterwards. >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2002 when decimals are fixed at 2 places, and you >enter 1. it will display as 1.00. >In Excel 2003 when decimals are fixed at 2 places, and ...

Firefox works, IE8 does not, how do I fix this
Try to make a long story short. Had a power surge via the cable connect at the house. The computer is ok, but the NIC card was broken. I replaced the NIC card, my cable modem, and router. I can no longer access the internet via IE8, but have loaded firefox and it works fine so I know all my hardware is working and connected correctly. How do I get it working again. I have windows7 I have turned off IE8 via the "turn windows features on or off" menu, and then turned it back on. I have gone to the "Internet Properties" menu and click both the "resto...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...