How do I delete a "single line" ____ on a page of text?

In the text of word I find I have several "single lines" as _________ that go
all the way across the page. How do I delete the lines?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the text of word I find I have several "single lines" as _________ that
> go
> all the way across the page. How do I delete the lines?

0
Suzanne

Single Line Chart
Hi, I'm trying to plot my weight over time but have been unable to set this up in Excel as a single line graph. Can anybody help? TIA Put the dates in A1:A25 (or whatever) and the weights in B1:B25 Seelct A1:B25 with the mouse, clcik on the chart wizard in toolbar Select XY chart with markers and lines If this does not work come back with more detail. Beranrd "marter" <marter00@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bjnbpp$j9n$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Hi, I'm trying to plot my weight over time but have been unable to set this > up in Excel as a single l...

Data in columns convert to single line
A spreadsheet exports like this for a huge population of employees' benefit elections: EE# BEN TYPE BEN PLAN $per EE $ per company ANNUL SAL COV AMT 1 MED MEDA $1500 $3000 $50000 1 DEN DEN1 $200 $400 $50000 1 VIS VISA $150 $300 $50000 1 LIFE METLIFE $6.45 $0 $50000 $100000 NEEDS TO LOOK LIKE THIS (ALL ON ONE LINE PER EE) : ...

switching CRichEditCtrl to single line mode
Hi all, I have a dialog with a rich edit box (CRichEditCtrl). I need to set it to single line mode. I cannot do that in the resource editor, because I want to use the same dialog in both singleline an multiline mode, depending on the program logic. I tried this: from the OnInitDialog() I called m_ctrl_text.ModifyStyleEx(ES_MULTILINE, 0, 0); did not help. then I tried to handle ON_WM_CREATE() like this: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(QMyRichEditCtrl, CRichEditCtrl) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(QMyRichEditCtrl) ON_WM_CREATE() //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() ///////////////////////////////////////////////...

Excel Line Feed Character
imported Text in cells are formatted with 3 line feed characters. If you use clean it deletes the characters and puts the text into one line. I need to be able to delete the Chr(10) and keep the formatting by a macro if possible. This file is needed to be uploaded into SAP which doesn't like CHR(10). Presently the only way to do this is to go to the end of each line and manually delete the three CHR(10) and all works well as the formatting stays the same. I have tried Substitute and Find and replace but it always ends up in single line.... Hope someone can help.... Thanks Rob ...

how do I right flush part of a single line
In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text, I simply hit alt-F7. How do I do that in MS Word 2003 Thanks Joe Matthews Gibsons, BC On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:06:01 -0800, Joe Matthews <JoeMatthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text, >I simply hit alt-F7. > >How do I do that in MS Word 2003 > >Thanks > >Joe Matthews >Gibsons, BC Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many other respects. In Word, you set...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

What is meant by adding outline to data in excel single line style

How to create a single line separated by commas from a matrix?
Hello, I've the following problem. I've a table made of several columns. Each colum represents a characteristic regarding to a subject (e.g. Name, Surname, Home Street, etc...). In the rows I put the different people. I need to export these info to a format compatible with other program - an email program-, which requires the information to be arranged in a different way. The program needs all these data to be ordered in a single row, with each characteristic between quotation marks, and separated by commas, following this pattern: "characteristic 1","characteristic ...

Can outlook support more than 1 single line in its signature ?
I am a user with a dilemma. I have used Outlook since 1995/1996 where many lines were supported without any problem within my personal signature. (e.g. I had my name, Official Job Title, Business Address, Telephone number, And Disclaimer within my signature). It never failed or lost any of its content. Between Dec 2004 and 01 February 2005 I had two lines in my signature. Each time I came back and logged in their was only one line. It always lost the second line in the signature. Is this possible? If so what is the solution. I recognise that the server may be the cause of the problem. S...

I can't do single line spacing
I have Word 2007. I am using times new roman font at 12 pt. The Paragraph/Indents and Spacing options set are: SPACING before and after now set to auto LINE SPACING Single Whenever I hit the ENTER key the next line is 2 lines down. Change the "Auto" setting for Spacing Before/After to zero. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Miklos" <Miklos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C106D503-5108-4D2C-95B3-5C71D659F65D@microsoft.com... >I have Word 2007. > I am using times new roman font at 12 pt. > The Paragraph/Indents an...

Double vs Single line spacing copy paste Outlook 2003 to/from Text Editors
Double vs single line spacing copy paste Outlook 2003 to/from Text Editors ? When I copy text from an Outlook Email message and paste it into a text editor if the message is HTML I seem to get double spacing in the target application where it was single spacing in the Outlook Message. In reverse when I paste from e.g. Word 97 into Outlook 2003 what was single spaced in Word appears double spaced in Outlook email message. Is there a trick or work around for this? -- "J. J." ...

How show single line rather than multiple line with same desc in e
How to show single line rather than multiple line with same desc in excel. What is the steps to remove those repeated info by using excel function. nick wrote: > How to show single line rather than multiple line with same desc in excel. > What is the steps to remove those repeated info by using excel function. To put this into English - you have duplicated rows of data in an Excel spreadsheet. Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Duplicates.aspx ...

How do I delete a "single line" ____ on a page of text?
In the text of word I find I have several "single lines" as _________ that go all the way across the page. How do I delete the lines? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CEE773D-379A-4DC1-98F0-A4ED58DC563D@microsoft.com... > In the text of word I find I have several "single lines" as _________ that > go > all the way across the page. How...

Printing a single line item in SOP
I have a SO that is linked to a PO. 2 line items. Customer wants 2 different invoices, 1 each for line items. Can I print a single line item in the SOP module? ...

How do I do a single line chart?
I have two problems the first is i need a single line chart all i can get in wizzard is two lines and the second is i want my x axiz to have the years from 1959 - 1998 and i want the y axis to have the values 310.00 - 360.00 then plot a single line of my data connecting all the coresponding points..is this possible and how is it done in office 2000?? can you please mail me at snurtlebug@hotmail.com if u have any suggestions thanks Hi Catherine, The wizard shows it having two lines, but this is just an "example" - how many lines your chart plots is dependent on how many serie...

plotting a single line graph
I want to make a graph plotting points every 4 minutes on a horizontal axis while plotting breathe per minute during exercise on a vertical axis. ...

Multiple subtotals on a single line
I have a large file that has all of the drugs that our patients have taken for a period of time. I need to get a subtotal by the drug number (average cost) and the number of clients that have received the drugs by drug number. Is there a way to get both the subtotals on a single line. I need to transfer the data from this worksheet to another sheet provided by contractor. The file looks similar to this. NDC# (drug ID) Client# Unit Cost Date (asst' other columns) You want to treat the drugid and client# as one field (essentially)? How about using a helper column: =a2&"...

Combobox Drop Down Single Line on 2000
I have a little annoying problem with comboboxes in an MFC application. The dropdowns work properly in XP, but on 2000 they only show a single line. Has anyone come across this issue? If so, did you solve it? Any ideas welcomed. Thanks, Felix frug wrote: > I have a little annoying problem with comboboxes in an MFC application. The > dropdowns work properly in XP, but on 2000 they only show a single line. > > Has anyone come across this issue? If so, did you solve it? > > Any ideas welcomed. > > Thanks, > > Felix The default dropdown height is (or used ...

How do I turn single line data into rows?
Hi guys, Thanks to all that pointed me to data validation...works great. Now I can use data validation for pull down menus....but I want to put addresses of customers into a list...so I can use them to invoice quicker...this is easy if I put the addresses into one cell and use the list. Is it possible to put addresses into a list in the normal way i.e., as you would write it on an envelope? Or is there a way so the displayed line is put to rows eg some sort of delimiter For example I want to display 123,Abc, etc As 123 Abc Etc Regards Shaun If the commas are used only to separate the...

Different colors on a single line chart
Hi there I have a single line chart, with dates on the X axis. After a certain date, I would like the line to be a different color. Is this possible? Without having to edit the color of each datapoint? And when I add new data, it should appear in that same second color. Thanks! Hi, To do this without code you can use 2 data series to give the appearance of a single line. In this previous example I posted the future data was a dotted line but you can just change the formatting to another colour. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng45.htm Cheers Andy Sarah wrote: > Hi there > I have a ...

Combine Bar with Single Line Chart
Hello, Please can someone help me with this question. I am trying to create a bar chart with a single line chart. The bars will display the totals for various years i.e. 2004 104 2005 107 2006 108 2007 110 2008 101 The line chart will show how 2008 is performing on a weekly basis i.e. 01/01/2008 = 100 07/01/2008 = 101 14/01/2008 = 102 The bar chart for 2008 will reflect this also, updating each time a new week is added. The Y Axis I will assume display a total i.e. 99-111 for example. The X Axis needs to show the dates plotted for the line chart 01/01/2008 - 31/12/2008 (weekly) but how...

Cursor position in a single line CEdit control
I have a situation where I need to examine and possibly modify, programmatically, the text of a CEdit control. If a change is made, usually removing a character that has just been typed as being erroneous, the edit cursor jumps to the beginning of the display. I need to know how to get the position of the character cursor at the time of the entry and how to set it when I've changed the text. There appear to be functions for this with a multi-line CEdit control but nothing is said about a single line control. -- Thanks, Lilith GetSel() and SetSel() work with single line edit controls....

Add a single line item to an Invoice programatically
We need to add a line to an existing Invoice programatically. Integration Manager only supports creation of an invoice, not modification, so isn't an option. Is there a straightforward, reliable way to accomplish this? We don't want to buy and program eConnect just for this if we can avoid it. Thanks, Reid Is there any way to get Integration Manager to modify an invoice? We will get eConnect if that's the best alternative but it seems like overkill for a simple requirement. We have a vba interface in place but it breaks easily and requires a lot of attention. &...

stacked column and non-stacked single line
hello: Trying to make a chart with stacked columns for costs by year and a line representing volume by year. For example, I'll have COGS, Freight, and Marketing stacked in a column for 1999, 2000, and 2001. Then I want to have a line illustrating volume above the stacked columns for the same years and it's values on the 2nd (right) Y-axis. From what I've read in previous postings, I make my stacked column with COGS, Freight, Marketing AND volume, then right-click on the volume series, select chart type and change it to line. However, when I do this the entire chart changes to a ...

Mails appears in single line instead of multi line.
When I draft a mail,I draft it in a multi lines but when i or other recipients receives it, it appears in single long line,How to resolve this issue ? Please help... url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1070-1.aspx ...