How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?

I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my
document, on the left hand side.

Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it
would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it
manually.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my
> document, on the left hand side.

0
Suzanne

How to open word as 2 processes
Hi All, I need to open word as 2 processes to fix an issue i am experiencing with another program. Now to open a new word document i can open these as seperate processes by using the '/n' function in the target for the word shortcut. However this dosen't apply to documents being opened that have been saved. Is there any way of editing the registry or something so every word document you open whether it be a new one from a shortcut or an existing one that is saved opens always as a new process? Any help would be appreciated, Ta. Depends on your versions of Word a...

Word 2000 in Outlook 2003
We're running Outlook 2003 with Word 2000. Since we made the switch to Outlook 2003 we can no longer use Word as the email editor. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Any help is truly appriciated. Thanks, jwillie wrote: || We're running Outlook 2003 with Word 2000. Since we made the switch || to Outlook 2003 we can no longer use Word as the email editor. Does || anyone know of a work around for this? || || Any help is truly appriciated. || || Thanks, There isn't AFAIK - the two have to be the same version. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burges...

spontaneously changed subject lines #2
Hi, A lot of our users experience problems with spontaneously 'changed' subject lines in Outlook. When sending an e-mail or planning an appointment the enter a subject line. Let say the original subject line they entered was: "Mail for you Boss" After sending the mail/appointment they found out that the subject line was changed in: "???????? Mail for you Boss, or "=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96= =A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1=E2=96=A1 Mail for your Boss" or something else This happens every time they create/sent a new mail or change/view an existing mail. ...

Pivot table and counting.

increase icon size in quick acess tool bar, Word
how do I increase the size of the icons on the quick access toolbar in word. The icons are too small to see. All you can do is decrease the resolution of your monitor, or use the magnifying tool in the Accessibility options in Windows. On Feb 11, 9:12=A0pm, blanik <bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do I increase the size of the icons on the quick access toolbar in wo= rd. > The icons are too small to see. ...

Cycle Counting

Import text file from MS Word into MS Publisher.
I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. I want the Word pages to precede the Publisher pages. How is this done? >-----Original Message----- >I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would >like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally >separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. > >I want the Word pages ...

Count

Line count

Bold Grid Lines
I have a company expense form that has bold grid lines for all of the rows. I removed several of the rows last month and now have had to add them back but I cannot get the grid lines to show or print out as bold even though I have indicated that the grid lines should be printed. I am using Excel 2002 with SP2. Thanks for your help. Paul (ctunes) Select the range, format>cells>border Carlos "Ctunes" <Ctunes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F20A454-A9D0-48C4-80D8-F36DD2B46826@microsoft.com... > I have a company expense form that has bold grid l...

Extra Blank Lines
The following macro imports a text file and sorts horse races in time order and puts a blank line in between each race time (which is at the end of the code), which it does admirably. I had some valuable help with this project from group members recently. However, it does create quite a few blank lines en bloc. It's not really a problem, as I search them out and do a delete. Below is the code which a member might use in order to find the cause of the blank lines? Sub Macro1() Range("A2:J601").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A2").Select ...

Counting sales

Pasting text from Word 2008 into dreamweaver
It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. Yes I can drag text from word to DW or I can paste in code view but this kills all formatting. This makes 2008 a definite no no for purchase as far as I am concerned and I am sure many other people.<br> <br> K <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote: > It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. I remember other people posting about this in the group. As I remember it, Office places multiple formats fo the text in the clipboard and it's up to DW to decide which one to take. Apparentl...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Word, Excel freeze upon quiting
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Sometimes (once in 5 time), when I quit Word or Excel, the application window closes, but the light remains on next to the application icon in the dock. I have to force quit to get the application to close. Thanks! See the info here on "Unexpected Quit on Quitting": http://word.mvps.org/mac/Diagnose.html HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/8/08 1:20 PM, in article ee92b57.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "graybell@officeformac.com" <graybell@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 20...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

Sending files as attatchments to email recipients directly from Word or Excel
In the past, I have made extensive use of the Word menu item that allows one to send the document one is working on directly to an email recipient without leaving Word. The menu item sequence is: file -- send to -- mail recipient. For the last several weeks, the option to send to mail recipient has been disabled (grayed out). I can't figure out why. I think this may have happend about the time I updated to the latest versoin of the Mac OS operating system, or perhaps when I downloaded a demo version of Office 2004, but I'm not sure. Any help on how to restore this function would be muc...

Word for Macs Missing Scroll Bar
Hi, I have word 2007 for Macs and my scroll bar dissappeared. I read the postings on this and none of then apply to me. There is no office button or options under tools. Nothing comes up under help which is pretty frustrating. Thanks, Megan You obviously didn't read the replies to your previous post on the same topic. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

Importing Word label document into excel
How ? ...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...