How do I copy a horizontal ruler in Word?

I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same document,
including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time.
Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it.  In
earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control key, I
don't remember which.

If by "ruler format" you mean the margin and tab settings, the ruler
shows the ones applied to whichever paragraph the cursor happens to be
in. You duplicate them by assigning the same paragraph style in each
place.

On Nov 23, 5:39=A0pm, mrb <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same docume=
nt,
> including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time=
.. =A0
> Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it. =A0I=
> earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control ke=
y, I
> don't remember which.

-2
Peter
11/24/2009 4:29:45 AM
As Peter suggests, formatting with a style is the best way, but you can copy
and paste formatting using Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"mrb" <mrb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same
>document,
> including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time.
> Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it.  In
> earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control
> key, I
> don't remember which.

-1
Suzanne

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Secondary Copy

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

subtotal copy and paste

Relative indentation in Word 2007?
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a bit to the right of however indented that point is. Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that, for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2 cm to the right of the previous paragraph. Thanks in advance for any help! No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create...

Word 2007 extremely slow to load templates within the Startup fold
Environment: Windows Vista, Desktops & Laptops, Office Professional Plus 2007. Problem: Within the last week, we had several instances reported in which Word takes approximately 2-3 minutes to open and load all of our templates located within the Startup folder. Another sympton is, when double-clicking a file and Word is not running, this error shows: "Windows cannot find C:\ (doc) Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Trobleshooting performed: -recreated Normal.dotm -started word in /a & /s, application opens fine -removed templates from s...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Word 2007 Toolbar customization
Hi....... I want to edit a toolbar in word 2007 and add some buttons to the Toolbar and for these buttons I want to write a VB Code which wil add a table to the current ducument at the current cursor position. So, How can I do this??????????? Hi Amit, If you want to add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), do as follows. 1. Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. 2. In the Word Options dialog box, verify that Customize is selected. 3. In the Choose commands drop-down list, select Macros. 4. Select the macro by n...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

How to prevent word wrap on a cell before line is filled
I have tried to find a solution to this, but have been unable to correct it. Using Excel 2003, I have my rows set up for word wrap. When I enter text into a cell (formatted as General), the row width will update automatically if the cell wraps. This is how I want it. The problem is that the row wraps before I have reached the end of the cell being edited. I can understand that there may be some sort of margin in place somewhere (although I cannot find any settings for this), but there are still at least 3/4 characters that can still be entered into the cell before I would consider it f...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...

MailMerge - merge with data in Excel
++Using Word&Excel 2000 on Windows 2000++ If I am doing a mail merge in Word with data in EXCEL, than Word supposes the first Excel-Row to contain the field-names and the following Excel-Rows contains the data Can I organize things in the other direction : - field-names in the first Column instead of Row - data in the next Columns instead of Rows My intention is to achieve a better navigation and better view upon the data, without using a form Is the impossible possible ? Thanks in advance - paul ...

How can set to default the Format Text with No Spacing in Word / Outlook 2007?
I am using Office 2007 package, including Word 2007 and Outlook 2007. I have noticed that when I open a new document (or email) my Word always deafults to "Normal" in Format Text, which means that there is a one-line space in between each line that I write text in Word or Outlook. How can I set that both Outlook and Word always deafults to "No Spacing" between the lines of text. I assume that whateevr setting I have in Word are automatically used by Outlook when I open a new email or select reply to one? Please advise! Michael B. <mystic02removethisplease@ver...