How do I control the preferences on inserting a word file

When I past one word file into another word file the font and spacing changes
and it doesn't appear to be consistent with either document.

By default, the formatting of the target document determines the formatting
of pasted text (unless the pasted text has direct formatting applied to it).

However, in recent versions of Word, you could try experimenting with the
Paste Options (which show as you paste). For more on paste options, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/HowPasteOptionsWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Clay W. Oberhausen" <Clay W. Oberhausen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EC7124FC-84B2-433E-8821-022A524B6ED2@microsoft.com...
> When I past one word file into another word file the font and spacing
> changes
> and it doesn't appear to be consistent with either document.

0
Stefan

why won't word 2007 release control of a .rtf file after exiting w
I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH ACCESS TO RICH TEXT FILES BY PROGRAMS OTHER THAN WORD------ AFTER THE FILE OPEN IN WORD IS CLOSED AND EVEN AFTER WORD HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN (EXITED) ---------- I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT THE FILE IS "IN USE" BY WORD WHEN (FOR EXAMPLE) AN ATTEMPT IS MADE TO DELETE IT ---- SOMETIMES WHEN RE-OPENING THE FILE AFTER RE-STARTING WORD THE FILE CANNOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT IS IN "READ ONLY" MODE ------- AFTER MUCH FIDDLING AROUND I FINALLY MANAGED TO DELETE THE PROBLEM FILE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM RETURN WITH A DIFFERNT FILE ----- WORD 200...

why can't i insert a chart in excel worksheet?
I have created a worksheet and formattted it according to our textbook in class. i am up to the point of inserting a chart, but when i go on the ribbon to insert a chart the choices are greyed out and i can not insert a chart. i opened a new worksheet to check, and the chart choices are not greyed out. i also opened a previous worksheet and i can still insert a chart, but i can not insert one in this worksheet for some reason. HELP!! Is the worksheet protected? Is it shared? Is it grouped (are more than one sheet selected)? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials ...

bound control or inbound control
Hi Katherine, There are differences between using bound versus unbound controls. Where on the form do you want to use an unbound control? Jeanette Cunningham "Katherine" <Katherine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23BBC192-0A74-4B9F-9513-5E5923A76658@microsoft.com... > ...

RE: Control
Can some one point me right direction to achive this following. Need to dispaly a data in a table format. some of the column data may have to display a image/icon based on a value from the table (1 :- Red color icon, 2:-yellow color icon...) Once the data is loaded and displayed on the format , able to search particular row by column index and update the values including the images(change different image). I tried with Listview control, with the report view I am not able to search row and update the columns with the List vew I am not able to show the image/icon. do not want to use ...

Excel creating tmp files
I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I make a change to an excel file it wants to create a separate file labled with a tmp extension ie f5de4221.tmp. Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it. Jim S Hi Jim, Have you solved this problem? I'm also facing the same problem but can't solve it. If you've found the solution please let me know steps to follow. Best regards, Gus "Big Jim" wrote: > I have office 2007 installed on my new PC which has windows 7 and when I > make a change to an excel file it...

MSCRM login and the Users Control Panel
Is anyone aware of any way that the settings stored under Control Panel - Users - Password Management might interfere with the process of Single Sign On into MSCRM? It seemed to have somehow cached someones login and prevented logging in as the logged in user, until cached credentials had been "deleted". However I have never seen this mentioned as being relevant. I am not too sure what the architecture model is there, but it appears to be a single domain. If this area has any relevance, it would be useful to know....thanks ...

what is watch.wtc file
Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks ! How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? smiles_ny wrote: > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,...

Adding a control variable
Hello all, Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor, I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed out). What do I need to do to get a control variable for this check box added to my class? Thanks, Dave I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with other projects too? -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Dave" <bett...

Spam control - MS Outlook
Hi! I am using MS Outlook 2000 and use 2 profiles. I recently installed a firewall package (Fsecure = Telia S�ker Surf), including Spam control. After install, MSO hangs and I cannot change to the other profile (if I not removed MSO by ctrl/alt/del) Somebody want to comment this? /Sven-Erik Intergrated AV/Spam is the cause of frequent issues in Outlook Is the FSecure you installed compatible with this old version of Outlook? "Storfille" <storfille@ebrev.net> wrote in message news:b1Ixm.11987$U5.164765@newsb.telia.net... > Hi! > > I am using MS Outlook 200...

Releasing memory after creating OCX control
Hi, I try to create an instance of an activex control in my MFC dialog based app. Though my application works with out any error, if i check the memory after calling "delete pMyControl" it keeps on occupying the same memory it occupied when the control was alive. Could anyone help me where I am missing to clear the memory? Thank you. My Code here ---------------m_pxWmp= new CWMPPlayer4();if( m_pxWmp->Create("replay", WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE , CRect(100, 100,320,240), this, 2)){ m_replay = true; m_pxWmp->SetUrl("C:\\video.avi"); m_pxWmp->Set...

what control can display characters from txt files in a dialog?
I want to read lines from txt files and display them on a dialog.I wonder which control can be put into the dialog to hold the characters from txt? Something like :- while(m_file.ReadString(tmpstr)) { str += tmpstr; } m_edit.SetWindowText(str); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "liao_xf" <sclxf@sina.com> wrote in message news:001401c3652f$177b9830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks first! > I know that Edit control can receive and edit input. > and I know the filestdio can read lines from txt. > but can you tell me how to attatch the lines to the edit? > Thanks!...

stock control system
trying to see up a 'basic stock control sytem' for a warehouse that contains building materials. -- Thank you. You can use multiple ways of doing, there's 3 ways to come to m head... 1) Use a worksheet as database an save all the information on the cell of that worksheet using some macros to access it and handle. 2) You might want to use Access instead of Excel, I think would b easier to handle the database portion and you still have the Macro available. 3) You can use VB with an Access to create an application -- fanay ------------------------------------------------------...

Printing jpg file???
Hi all, with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will open a pre-defined jpg file and it will send it to default printer? I need help and sample code about this issue??? Help please... Thanks in advance Brav "BravoX" <puero@kornelya.com> wrote in message news:%23FxzyzlPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. > It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will > open a pre-defined jpg...

incorrect email version set up in excel, word, etc
when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? -- llp I finally figured it out by reading some of the previous discussion questions. go to Internet explorer => internet options=>program tab=> change from express to outlook. Restart and it took care of the issue. -- llp "llp" wrote: > when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it > does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? > > -- > l...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

HELP!!!! priv1.edb file corrupt
my exchange 2003 server will not allow me to mount the store, i get "internal error, restart imformation store service and retry" I put exchange onto a different server and populated the new machine with the users mailboxes, i attempted to copy the priv1.edb file into the new server, but users don't have access to the messages within that database, users can send and receive messages but all folders, messages, contacts etc from the old server are not accessable and the mailbox store shows 2 accounts for each user, one account with the new mailbox info and one with the o...

MDI support in ATL composite control
Hi, I have components created in ATL. The components are ATL composite controls. Entire work has been done till now using ATL, however I now need to give MDI type of work area (based o doc-view architecture) within the control. I have class derived from CMDIFrameWnd. However when I try to initialize instance of this class by calling "Create" method of CFrameWnd (base class in CMDIFrameWnd), I get error and creation fails. Tracing the code, I found that base class create method calls "AfxGetInstanceHandle" to get handle to the DLL. Now since this is ATL Composite control, ...

View Filtering and Access Controls for Business Units
I am trying to implement MS-CRM for my company. We have multiple Business Units . I need to give views to each Business Units so that they see only their own Contacts/Accounts/Opp lists. How do I accomplish this ? Also, If I gave inter business unit acesses , how do I make sure that the one business unit users can not modify any fields on other's Business Unit's records ? Thanks in advance for any help, Kishore This is quite easy to do with CRM. Assuming you have already created your Business Units in CRM, you can view a security role within one of the Business Units and a...

Inserting MS Project into Word as an object
Hi, I know that here are some posts regarding this topic, but none of them solves my situation... I have some project (done in MS Project 2007 SP2) and I want to insert it into Word 2003 as an object. I want the whole Gantt chart to be displayed (all columns) and the workflow diagram as well. I set the table view to Summary in MS Project (View -> Table -> Summary), but it's probably not important. Now what I do is normally inserting the project file as an object from file. It will display some small portion of it, let say two columns. When I double click it to edit i...

Tab Control Problems
I previously worked in VC++ 6.0, and have several applications that have either custom shadebox controls, or tab controls or group boxes. In all cases, when I moved the applications over to VS.NET 2003, everything was fine, except in the resource editor, I cannot see any of the controls that have been overlayed on a tab control, or a custom shadebox control and in some cases group boxes. I can tab to them and see the outline, but I cannot see the actual controls. If I drag a new control onto the tab control, I can see the control, but once it is saved, I can no longer access the cont...

Can I include the timezone in the savedate field in MS-Word?
Can I include the timezone in the savedate field in MS-Word? For example, i'd like the result of the savedate field to be: mm/dd/yyyy 01:00 PM EST Either simply type EST after the field or use a switch \@ "MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM 'EST'" -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

how do i insert a background on one page only?
HOW DO I INSERT A BACKGROUND COLOR ON ONE PAGE ONLY? What version Publisher are you using? In 2002-03, format, background. The background will be on one page only. If you are using older versions, don't put the background on the "Background Page", insert it on the publication page. Draw a rectangle to fit your page, fill, fill effects...send it to the back. Or, insert, picture, new drawing, expand the canvas to fit your page, draw a rectangle to fit, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture you want on the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

FindRecord Control Button
i built a find record control button so a user can type in the form number and go there but it only searches the field that the cursor is in and the form # is not on the tab order(purposely). How can i specify where the find record function searches? thanks Ryan, usually people use an unbound combo box or an unbound text box for searching. There is a sample download with code of a search form at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html If you need help to get it working, post back. You can also use the wizard to put a combo for searching on your form. On the form in design view, click the...