how do I control how embedded objects are updated - to restrict?

I have an Excel file that I have embedded into my WORD 2007 doc.  I have only
pasted a portion of the Excel file, since it is large, but users can open the
doc to see the whole file, since it is embedded.  However, if they double
click the object, and do any scrolling, the object changes.  I want the
default to be Open, not Edit when the object is double clicked.  How do I do
that?

You can protect the embedded sheet (or workbook) with a password, so that it cannot be edited.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tsoesh" <tsoesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33E1CF44-0B0D-432C-886B-CE867274441F@microsoft.com...
>I have an Excel file that I have embedded into my WORD 2007 doc.  I have only
> pasted a portion of the Excel file, since it is large, but users can open the
> doc to see the whole file, since it is embedded.  However, if they double
> click the object, and do any scrolling, the object changes.  I want the
> default to be Open, not Edit when the object is double clicked.  How do I do
> that?

0
Stefan

control charts #2
Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or directions for creating. I have been asked to get up to speed on them and this is somehting new for me. Thanks Jon Peltier has information on creating them in EXCEL, http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html I'd suggest you do some reading on control charts from other sites. There should be something here that could help you. http://www.isixsigma.com/st/control_charts/ "Todd F." wrote: > Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or > directions for creatin...

Checkbox event to control other checkbox selections
I have been working for a couple of hours now trying different ways to solve this problem and I'm out of ideas (or tired). :-/ Here's what I'm trying to do: On a form I have a section with six checkboxes that represent 6 different mailing lists an organization can subscribe to: MailList01, MailList02, etc. I have a seventh checkbox named MailListOmit for orgs that want to opt out of mailings. If MailListOmit is checked, when the user attempts to click any one of the MailList checkboxes, I want to return a dialog box that says, "This organization has chosen to not receive ma...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

ActiveX control
I have a ActiveX control that I got which prints barcodes, but I am unsure exactly how to use an ActiveX control from my MFC program. I inserted it onto my may main form, created a member variable, but for some reason I am unable to get to the Value property that it is supposed to have. I have never really used an activeX control before and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to include it in my program. Roger Nevermind, I figured out how to use the SetValue property. Roger "R.H." <rogerh40@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23y%238fFZWDHA.2272@TK2...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Calling a checkbox control with VB
Hi Is there a way I can reference a checkbox item that I can manipulate in VBA. For instance... I have a series of check boxes that I would like to change the properties of with a loop So my checkboxes are called: CheckBox1 CheckBox2 CheckBox3 etc and I want to be able to reference them like so: For i = 1 to 20 "CheckBox" & i.Value = true next i Any ideas? By the format of the name, I assume that they are control toolbox checkboxes. Dim oOLE As Object For Each oOLE In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeName(oOLE.Object) = "CheckBox" Then ...

Control toolbox objects
I have created a template that has combo boxes and radio buttons on most rows. When I try and delete the bottom row, the row deletes, but the combo and radio remain. I have tried cutting them and deleting them or moving them, but nothing helps. I have tried in Excel 2003 and 2002. Help. That is because they are not on the worksheet but 'above' it. Select them individually and delete them. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Updating item properties.
We want to change the commission properties for items in our database, with different commission rate for different as below: Men’s Clothing – 2% Women’s Clothing – 2% Men’s Accessories – 1% Men’s Accessories – 1% And this will be a percent of sale. Is this done with an update query? It can be done with an SQL update query. How do you know if an item is men's acc... ? "Davidjc52" <Davidjc52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57AEFC9-2DEC-46C7-AD96-EE950322155E@microsoft.com... > We want to change the commission properties for items in our database...

Excel VBA Controls
Since appling Service Pack 3 for Office XP, exisitng spreadsheets and templates do not display Command Buttons or Check Box controls. The controls are there but are not visible. I didn't have that problem after SP3. As a shot in the dark, you might make sure that "hide all" is not selected for Objects under Tools, Options, View. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Iain Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d9c01c44873$cd307380$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Since appling Service Pack 3 for Office XP, exisitng | spreadsheets and templates do not d...

Exchange 5.5 System Free/Busy objects left in Exchange 2003 since Migration.
Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5 Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where the fun starts. While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ obj...

Workflow Email
I have a workflow created (v3) that sends an email at a certain date. CRM sends the email from the entity owner. I would like the email to be from a more generic email address (ie generalsupport@xxx.com). Is there a way to do this? It could be a constant for every email in the worklfow. There seem to be no controls on the FROM aspect of the email. Thanks Heather ...

after updated data is was missing encoding
In ASP after updating data (with ADO) in Access data is missing displayed in incorrect encoding. Please help me. Vusal Hamidov ...

Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy
I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server. All users have been created. When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back automatically. I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses. But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been created, you can then change on a user basis. I have users in the company that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some that use full name. I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those being 2000)...

table doesn't update until after I press the escape key
I have a form with subform working but with one issue - when I enter data into a row I start on the next row, but get error about duplicate key. I press the escape key, it clears the data I just tried inputing, and it updates the key field. The key field causing the error uses this in the default value property field- =Nz(DMax("SongID","MusicOnPC_Songs"),0)+1 Is there something missing to make it update after I tab out of the last field for that row, and move into the next row? try removing the expression from the DefaultValue property of the SongID field. instead, ...