How do I add an expandable field for text in a Word.doc?

I am trying to create a Word "Fill in" form.  I want the fields to expand
with the customer's answers, allowing the formatting and page breaks to
adjust to the customers responses.

How do I insert those fields, and allow for enough characters to capture
their answers?

Hi Capted99,

If you insert formfields at the appropriate places, and protect the document for forms once you're done, Word will automatically
adjust the layout to accommodate the field contents as they're completed.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Capted99" <Capted99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88BCFDE2-3B81-4BA1-BB12-880F8FE70A6E@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to create a Word "Fill in" form.  I want the fields to expand
> with the customer's answers, allowing the formatting and page breaks to
> adjust to the customers responses.
>
> How do I insert those fields, and allow for enough characters to capture
> their answers?

0
macropod

Some first problems using word 2007
Hello. I have some problem using word 2007 first time. Old documents don't appear as they used to. When there is a header-style, I see that it is incorrect, and there is an annoying number (1bu, 2bu , ... 20bu) at each header. Second thing : I change a line and other lines are change too. I don't know where can I change a header-style, so I assume this may be the problem. Thanks :) Are you saying that all of your existing documents have a problem with numbering? I'm assuming you are referring to *headings* and heading numbers rather than headers (the area abov...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

How do I send text or pictures in Outlook Express 6?
I am unable to be at any site, document, picture and send [via Outlook Express 6] anything to anyone as errors such as 'person unknown', 'error message of every nature immaginable', or 'you must be online with Outlook Express' [when in fact I am online and the default email program [Outlook Express 6] is activated and working with simple emails [and the typical trash spam you receive]; however, when I wish to send NASA documents or anything substantive within the state or federal goverment sites for higher education [i.e. Ohio University], this never works [Outlo...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

microsoft word 2003 save multipage doc to multiple files
Hello! Is there any possible way to resolve my problem : I have 60 page document and id like to split this doc to 60 single paged files. Is there any way to do this whit some magic word option? Reagrds - HE ...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Use Parameter Data to populate a form field
I am trying to figure out how to take the data I enter from a parameter query to populate a field on a form. Include the parameter(s) as a computed column(s) in the query, e.g. PARAMETERS [Enter start date:] DATETIME, [Enter end date:] DATETIME; SELECT SomeField, SomeOtherField, [Enter start date:] AS StartDate, [Enter end date:] AS EndDate FROM SomeTable WHERE DateField BETWEEN [Enter start date:] AND [Enter end date:]; In the above example you can then bind text box controls on the form to the StartDate and EndDate fields. Ken Sheridan Stafford, England JudyKemp w...

Why does Publisher insert a leading space when pasting text?
When I paste text from MS Word into MS Publisher a space is inserted at the beginning of each paragraph. How can I prevent this? Paste special as unformatted text. Or with your cursor in the text box, select all, format, paragraph, set before paragraph 0pt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Saints RFC fan" <SaintsRFCfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E41BD3C-057D-4275-9832-8EE6AAA80243@microsoft.com... > When I past...

Paste chart to word-lose bold type
When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, though the title remains in bold. Kate, After copying, open Paint and paste it there. From Paint copy it again and paste it in Word. The format will remain. Regards, Jaleel "kate" wrote: > When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, > though the title remains in bold. ...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Macro to change pivot field with latest value 03-01-10
This is a re-post as my questions hasn't been answered by anyone... Hi there and thank you in advance for any help. I have written a macro that changes (hides / shows) fields on a pivot table. One of these changes the field used for the page fields section of the pivot table. However, when i add a field to this section, it defaults to All. How can have this field default to the latest value in this field. Let me explain further: I want the pivot to be shown either by date or by week. The macro then changes the page field section to show either the date or week field. If ...

Word 2007 keep pasting same item instead of dif pictures ect.
I just installed MS Office 2007 Ent. on my HP Laptop running xp os. I open word and tried to copied / cut n past a item from IE8 to a word doc it did it ok. But when I tried to copy n past another item it pasted the first picture. Every time I try to copy n past it keep giving me the same picture not the one I copied? Did any1 get this same problem is it a SP patch problem any fix to this? Thks You posted this same question an hour ago. This is a user peer group forum, not a help desk. If anyone has the answer they will reply ... eventually. -- <>>< ><...

Map Add-On?

How do I auto Expand a cell for printing only?
I would like to retain the format of the row hieght for the electronic document. I would record a macro when I: Increased the row height to what I wanted. Printed the worksheet. reset the row height to what I wanted. Then I would use that macro whenever I wanted to do this. On 05/16/2010 00:55, Learning As I Go wrote: > I would like to retain the format of the row hieght for the electronic > document. ...

Wrapping Text #2
I selected wrap text, but Excel isnt showing all the contents of the cell until I change the vertical height of the cell manually. It used to do this automatically. Can anyone help me? Is that a merged cell? If yes, the autofitting the rowheight won't work. Have you changed the rowheight manually? If yes, then excel will respect that setting until you autofit the rowheight once more. Confused wrote: > > I selected wrap text, but Excel isnt showing all the contents of the cell > until I change the vertical height of the cell manually. It used to do this > automatically. ...