How do I add a pdf file to a word document?

I am making up a booklet for students and need to add the contents of a pdf
file to the end of my word document.  If I cut and paste it changes the
format.  It is all legal, non-copyright stuff!

I'd suggest asking the author for the original file.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"majpurple" <majpurple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am making up a booklet for students and need to add the contents of a pdf
> file to the end of my word document.  If I cut and paste it changes the
> format.  It is all legal, non-copyright stuff!

0
JoAnn
11/18/2009 10:12:40 PM
If it is a one page PDF you can insert it as an object, assuming you have
Adobe reader 7 (or Acrobat 7)  or later installed.

If it is a multi-page PDF then you cannot do this.

PDF was never intended to be editable so all measures to do will result in
formatting issues. If you want the content then arguably the best solution
is to use OCR software such as Finereader to convert the PDF to editable
text. You will undoubtedly need further editing, but it should provide a
good start point.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

majpurple wrote:
> I am making up a booklet for students and need to add the contents of
> a pdf file to the end of my word document.  If I cut and paste it
> changes the format.  It is all legal, non-copyright stuff!

0
Graham

Excel Add Ins

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Open .msi files as a Limited User by using RUNAS
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Open .msi files as a Limited User by using RUNAS ; [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\command] @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f, 00,6f,00,74,\ 00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c, 00,6d,00,\ 73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e, 00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\ 00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00 That's all very well, but it's not magic! You will still need the correct password of a valid user profile on that machine, tha...

What bloated my Outlook.pst file?
Strange story, but true. My Outlook.pst file was getting rather large, over 47 MB, so I decided to do some cleaning. I deleted many unnecessary e-mails (a large portion of my Inbox) , then deleted them from the "Deleted Items" folder. I was surprised, however, to look in my Outlook data folder after that, and saw that the size of the file had increased to over 97 MB, more than double! (I could understand it not decreasing yet, as I hadn't compacted it yet, but didn't understand the increase!) I then compacted it. That shrank it to over 87MB, less than the 97MB+, but still ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

files in OLK folder not being deleted
I having problems with Outlook 2003 not displaying graphics embeded within an email. I've deleted all files in the OLK folder and it works for a few days then I have to delete the files again. I've also tried deleting the folder completely and still the problem returns after a few days use. I thought these were temporary files that should be deleted automatically after the email or Outlook is closed. Why are they not being deleted? I've applied the latest Office patches etc. Hope someone has an answer to the problem. Regards, Lester Bennett Lester Bennett <lbennett@entc...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Edited .MSG files
I have a website that generates invoices. These have to be manually checked for errors. To make things as simple as possible, I created a draft .EML message in Outlook Express that had some special quotes in it, which are automatically changed in PHP. That message is sent as attachment to the person checking the data, so he only has to alter the message, or click "Send" as it is. Everything is filled in Now he's switched to Outlook 2003. I created the same message in Outlook, saved it as a .MSG file and opened it to see if that would work. It does. However, after having the quot...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

microsoft word 2003 save multipage doc to multiple files
Hello! Is there any possible way to resolve my problem : I have 60 page document and id like to split this doc to 60 single paged files. Is there any way to do this whit some magic word option? Reagrds - HE ...

.SRF files are not processed by IIS
Hello, I'm not an IIS expert, so excuse me if this seems like a question I should know the answer to. I was trying to use the CRM 1.2 SDK and was getting a HTTP 405 Not Supported errors from the server. We have another development server, also running 1.2, where the calls go through fine. The difference is that on the machine where everything works when I request a .srf file (ex: http://crmdev/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf) the file is processed and displays XML output. On the other server, the server that calls fail against, when querying the same response file the contents of the file are...

adding pdf files to a publisher document
I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list of objects. No, not unless you have Acrobat (not just the free reader). And even then there seem to be posters who can't but I can with no problem. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4068A49-7B75-4446-8CA3-37F62ADBEEAD@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without > opening up the pdf f...

Format text to add character

Identify *.dqy file in Excel #2
Hi, We have some excel files which connects to a ODBC data source (Oracle db) Some of those excel spreadsheets we are not able to edit the data source any longer(which should have brought us into Ms query) What happens when we try is that Ms query opens very shortly and then closes again before we can see the query that have been build) My question is now - is there some way that we can identify what data source (the name of the dqy file) that is used in excel...? Thanks Henrik ...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

Editing a PDF in publisher
Is there a way to import a formatted PDF into publisher so that it can be edited. The PDF was originally created from Publisher. Thanks Charlie Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to import a formatted PDF into publisher so that it > can be edited. The PDF was originally created from Publisher. Nope. The best you can do is convert it to an imageg which can be placed (not edited) in Publiser. Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader) can edit PDF files. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher You can highlight the text ...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?