Hide table column

Is it possible to hide a column in a table in MS Word?  Many thanks.

Not like excel, but you can make the column skinny and turn the text white so
it won't print.

"JE" wrote:

> Is it possible to hide a column in a table in MS Word?  Many thanks.

summing a column according to criteria of two other columns
I am creating a cash flow forecast sheet and trying to add up the project values of a particular service provided in june this year. i am attempting to do this by referring to a sheet called data which has a column of project values (N), a column with the month and year of the project (V) written as 62004 and a column of services (E) of which i want to select those projects where the service was Translation - Standard. By looking at the help for countif by multiple criteria i altered the formula to a sumif. I am using the formula... =SUM(IF((Data!$E$3:$E$2000='Translation - Standard'...

Excel table set up help needed
How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? A table or chart? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D9A594-A465-4859-BE98-C6151351456F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Load the address from the lookup table to corresponding contact fi
Is it possible to create a custom mapping / loading between the contact and account entities in such a way that when selected the existing account value from the lookup table of account on the contact page, the existing address fields will be populated into corresponding contact fields? Hi Tom, Yes, it is possible with the help of little coding. Basically you need to add JScript code in onChange event of the Account lookup on Contact entity form. That code will be calling the CRM webservice and fetching the account's address fields. Following posts will explain you a little about ...

Not allowing Alpha Characters in a Numeric Formatted Column
I have a spreadsheet that we provide to vendors where they have to fill in their product data and send it back to us where we import this data into the products database. I have the spreadsheet set up the way I want it and have drop down boxes where applicable for data validation. I have several fields that i only want #'s. Sometimes integers, sometimes there may be a decimal. I set the formats accordingly. HOwever, you can still type the letter A or B or C etc... in there. I only want them to be able to type in #'s. In access I can use a mask. Is there anything similar in Exce...

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Access Note table in date order, when go to note form, dates are n
Help, I have checked everything and can't find the solution. I have a database that has date visited on the form. I want the last date visited displayed at bottom of form, and prior visits in order above. Anyhow, when I run the note table everything is in proper date order, however, when I put the notes in the note table, and look at it from there, they are NOT in date order. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will still be checking things, but I think I need some help on this quirky one. Thanks. -- Rachel Rollins Access stores records like a barrel of bricks, no...

Resizing Data Tables
I have 37 seperate charts that I update every month. I have broken the charts down in to departments and with in the departments, in sections. The big wigs want to have 4 charts on a page, which is what I have done. The problem is that the scale for the sections is 50, because of a few problem areas. But a lot of sections only have 1-10 incidents. With the scale to 50, and with the data labels it makes it hard to read. So I thought about using Data Tables on those that are compact. The problem is that it resizes my chart very small. I would like to resize the data table to get rud of so...

AP/PM Tables
Is there a table that contains all items that have been posted through Accounts Payable? My end result is that I want to create a report that shows what was vouchered for a given time period. Since I can't find any report in GP, I'm having to use Access to create my custom report. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C5A487.545DC9A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jeff, It would help if you gave a better idea of what information you would = like to pull onto the report. There ...

Pivot Tables 01-11-10
Does anyone knows how to display the values under the headers on the Pivot table? I have not been able to copy the values into a new work sheet and then filter them. I will show me only the header on that especific column. Thanks to anyone that can help me. Someone else may have a better way, but you can copy the whole pivot table and paste/special/values into another worksheet. From here you can copy/paste any cells to where you want them. -- Daryl S "cromagnon21" wrote: > Does anyone knows how to display the values under the headers on the Pivot > t...

..scan a table in excel
Hi every one, I wonder if there is a way i can scan a document with tables into excel or it is not possible. I was trying to, but when it offered options to save the just scaned paper, it listed different formats (extentions) but there was not excel extantion listed. I did on txt, but is there way in excel. Basicly i would like to scan a table in excel so that i can change entries whenever i like. Any thougths? Thank's Margots Text may end up being your best bet. What other common extensions were offered? Anything ending in .DB or .DBF? "Margots" <makapacs@hotmail.com> wr...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Deconstructing a table
Hello, I am hoping to work out a method to transform a data table into a running list. The table has identifiers in column A, and product weights in a dynamic number of columns to the right. i.e. Cols B-M. I would like to manipulate the table into a running list of three columns Col A = Value of ID @ row(i) Col B = Product name [value of Cols B-M row(1)] Col C = Value of weight @ row(i) Col A | Col B | Col C A2 B1 B2 A3 B1 B3 A4 B1 B4 A2 C1 C2 A3 C1 C3 A4 C1 ...

refrence field on a table
I am trying to have a button on a form where I push it and it opens the form matching a field in the original form. I am starting in "entry" form I click the button "addrun" it then opens the "run" form. on both forms I have a field [formationid] I am trying to have those fields match when I open the "run" form. I tried the following in the where condition of the open form macro. [Forms]![entry]![formation.formationid]=[Forms]![run]![formationid] On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:53:01 -0700, Fipp <Fipp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am gettin...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Prevent new pivot table items from being selected
I have a pivot table that contains accounts and reports sales by account. Users selected the accounts they want to see and save their spreadsheet. When new accounts are added to the accounts list, users do not want to see the new accounts. They only want to see the accounts they selected from a previous session when they refresh the pivot table. Does anyone know how to prevent the new accounts from appearing in the pivot table? Thanks! Tom, Use another column: Include, with values of Yes or No, and include it in your pivot table, showing only Yes. Then when new data is added, enter ...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Cannot add columns to custom views
I have a problem that is causing a major handicap. I cannot add any columns to any custom leads view that I create. No matter what, the only column that is displayed is the default key column (name) that is there when the view is created. When I click on add columns, the dialog box that is supposed to list columns that I can add to the view has no columns listed at all. I am logged in as the System Administrator when trying to accomplish this. Also, when I create a filter criteria it is never saved. I save it, but when I go back into it, it is gone. Any help would be GREATLY apprec...

Dynamically generating tables from another table
I have had success preparing a large table with mostly text and boolean values (some blank) in columns that are auto-generated using funky macros (text, lookup, and logic functions) based on values in other columns. All good, but I'm looking for the easiest way to generate two other tables with only certain columns, and in one table, only rows that match a certain criteria. I was looking into pivot tables, but it seems mostly for flexibility with number-based tables. Also looked into Access, but by exporting the data to a database, I lose the nifty excel macros. Is there someth...

putting criteria in the table
Is there a way to put criterias statment in the table then have query look it up in the table? for example: in a table under "criteria" column, i put : not like camp* and not like motor* and in the query design under name criteria section i put [tbltest]![criteria] but of course that didn't work. thanks for you help. Okay, this is a very common mistake made by people who don't have any experience or training in relational database design and the way it is done it this case leads me to believe it was designed by a person familiar with Excel. If you have the name ...

Repeating columns cuts off merged cells
Hi all, I hope you can help because I can't find a solution to this one. I've got a two page spreadsheet (side by side) and I'm trying to repeat columns A & B because their row headings on the left and should only appear when printed (split onto two pages) (as in print setup > columns to repeat at left > $A:$B), ...... but B57:I57 are merged and wrapped (another grief that merged wrapped cells don't auto height, but that's for another day) and so are B58:I58 and B59:I59 (footer things). ...... and when printed, B57:I57, etc. cuts off on the second page and...

Hiding plot Area

link word table to excel table
If have a world table with 5 rows and 5 columns and a corresponding rows/columns in excel, can I link the word document to the exce document? This way, if I change the excel figures, this will chang the figures in word? I have tried the insert database function but this leaves me with onl the 'crap' generic autoformats for the table. I have a format I wan to keep. Any ideas? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Pobuckley, you can enter the data in Excel, then cell by cell you can copy and Paste Special > Paste Link as unformatted text into Word. The...