HIDDEN FEATURE?? Paragraph - not Justified, Distributed!

Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph alignment
-- or something similar.

If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
justified.

But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.

If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing -> General
-> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.

But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then the
Alignmnent option shows as blank.

This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.

Any ideas why this would be??

Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in some
Asian languages. See for example
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word features
for East Asian languages").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
> alignment
> -- or something similar.
>
> If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
> justified.
>
> But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
>
> If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
> General
> -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
>
> But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
> the
> Alignmnent option shows as blank.
>
> This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
> about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
>
> Any ideas why this would be??

0
Stefan
1/20/2010 12:56:46 PM
But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.

Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.

So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work via
the dialog boxes.

Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in some
> Asian languages. See for example
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word features
> for East Asian languages").
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
> > alignment
> > -- or something similar.
> >
> > If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT be
> > justified.
> >
> > But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
> >
> > If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
> > General
> > -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
> >
> > But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut, then
> > the
> > Alignmnent option shows as blank.
> >
> > This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find anything
> > about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
> >
> > Any ideas why this would be??
> >

> .

I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of us
who don't have installed Asian language support.

--

> But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
>
> Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
>
> So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
> keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work
> via
> the dialog boxes.
>
> Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in
>> some
>> Asian languages. See for example
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word
>> features
>> for East Asian languages").
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Just do a search on Google for -- Word 2007 Distributed paragraph
>> > alignment
>> > -- or something similar.
>> >
>> > If you do a normal Justified paragraph, the last line will normally NOT
>> > be
>> > justified.
>> >
>> > But if you hit CTRL-SHIFT-J, then the last line WILL be justified.
>> >
>> > If I go to my Word 2007 Paragraph options -> Indents and Spacing ->
>> > General
>> > -> Alignment, there is NOT an option for Distributed.
>> >
>> > But if I have already chosen Distributed via the keyboard shortcut,
>> > then
>> > the
>> > Alignmnent option shows as blank.
>> >
>> > This appears to be a hidden feature of Word 2007!  I cannot find
>> > anything
>> > about it in any Microsoft help, either within Word on online.
>> >
>> > Any ideas why this would be??
>> >

>> .

0
Stefan
1/20/2010 6:26:53 PM
Agreed.

Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?

Thanx!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of us
> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
> >
> > Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
> >
> > So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
> > keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't work
> > via
> > the dialog boxes.
> >
> > Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!
> >

> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
> >
> >> Ctrl+Shift+J is assigned to the DistributePara command; it is used in
> >> some
> >> Asian languages. See for example
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052585661033.aspx ("Word
> >> features
> >> for East Asian languages").
> >>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
> >>

> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
work for Microsoft.

--

> Agreed.
>
> Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> Thanx!
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those of
>> us
>> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > But it works fine in my US English version of Word 2007.
>> >
>> > Well, the keyboard shortcut works, but not the dialog box.
>> >
>> > So the features is in, and works in, US Enlgish Office 2007, (via the
>> > keyboard shortcut), but it is not documented (AFAIK), and it doesn't
>> > work
>> > via
>> > the dialog boxes.
>> >
>> > Very very strange Microsoft-like behavior!!!

>> .

0
Stefan
1/21/2010 7:27:21 AM
And I don't think "Uncle Bill" does any more, either?

On Jan 21, 2:27=A0am, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
> work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Agreed.
>
> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> > Thanx!
>
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
> >> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those=
 of
> >> us
> >> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Peter
1/21/2010 12:50:36 PM
I was not being ironic. Of course I believe that every person who works for
Microsoft, or is tangentially related to them in any way, can just walk into
the richest person on the planet's office and ask him about some obscure
issue with one of the products produced by the company that he doesn't really
 run any more.

Good point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
And I don't think "Uncle Bill" does any more, either?

On Jan 21, 2:27 am, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
> work for Microsoft.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Agreed.
>
> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>
> > Thanx!
>
> > "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
> >> I agree that it's strange that the shortcut is assigned even for those
> >> of
> >> us
> >> who don't have installed Asian language support.
>
> >> --
> >> Stefan Blom
> >> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan
1/21/2010 6:57:55 PM
Now THAT is irony. <g>

--

>I was not being ironic. Of course I believe that every person who works for
> Microsoft, or is tangentially related to them in any way, can just walk
> into
> the richest person on the planet's office and ask him about some obscure
> issue with one of the products produced by the company that he doesn't
> really
> run any more.
>

> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if you were being ironic with that suggestion/request... I'd
>> just like to point out that MVPs was *awarded* by Microsoft, but we don't
>> work for Microsoft.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "jpSQLDude" <jpSQLDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Agreed.
>> >
>> > Could you drop by Bill's office and point this out to him?
>> >
>> > Thanx!

>> .

0
Stefan

how do i implement unscribe feature in publisher?
We are sending out newsletter to our customers in Microsoft Publisher. How do we implement "unscribe" function on the bottom of newsletter? You will have to convert the newsletter to HTML, create a hyperlink to your email address. The best solution would be to send the newsletter via a PDF attachment with a hyperlink to the unsubscribe message. There are free PDF converters around. www.primopdf.com is one. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do we right justify enumeration in Publisher 2007?
We can right justify enumeration easily enough in MSWord. Why can we not do so in MSPublisher? In fact, the default justification of all Left-to-right languages' enumeration OUGHT to be right, so as to properly align the decimal points, whether they are present or tacit. The current default justification is nothing less than total insanity. I'm currently TRYing to do this in Publisher 2007. What have you tried? Set or change the tab stops http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100137881033.aspx?pid=CH100487791033 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce B...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

in publisher, how do i limit the undo features
The working file is too big for my computer to handle when making a newsletter on publisher. Is this perhaps due to the amount of photos available to 'undo"? How can I limit the number of undos stored for each page? "singapore" <singapore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B94B38-954D-46B0-9F79-7F399A75740B@microsoft.com... > The working file is too big for my computer to handle when making a > newsletter on publisher. Is this perhaps due to the amount of photos > available to 'undo"? How can I limit the number of undos stored for ...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

delegate distribution group email
I was reading KB316792 while setting up delegation so that my technical support team can create user accounts with mailboxes. Is there any KBs or information on which AD permissions I should assign WP to in order that a user can "mail enable" a distribution group also a public folder? ...

Reformat one paragraph, NOT entire document?
I use Word 2007. I face a nuisance. Say, I have a one-line paragraph in normal style. I highlight it and change to bold, for example. A disaster strikes! My entire document is reformatted: It changes everything to bold or italics or center… I don’t know why that’s the default! How can I disable it? If I reformat one paragraph — that’s the only thing I want. I don’t want my entire document be changed automatically! Any help will be appreciated. I write a book. It has over 150 pages. They all get reformatted in that insane manner! I have to rewrite and rewrite, and rewrite some ...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

distribution list #5
We created a distribution list. Internal active directory users are able to send to the list. Internet e-mail senders are not able to send to the list. The mail is not bouncing back to the Internet e-mail users. The messages are just not getting to the inbox of the members of the distribution list. For example our domain is abc.net. The list we created is questions@abc.net. We have four users in the list. When a user logged into our Active Directory sends a mail to questions@abc.net the mail is successfully sent to the inboxes of all of the users in the list. When the e-mail ...

Feature Pack?
Any news on when the Feature Pack will be "completely" released? Specifically we are still missing two parts: IBF for CRM and Proposal Accelerator for CRM. They were due at the end of August and I saw one post that stated end of Sept. Well that is only 3 days away. We are waiting on the IBF for a project we are doing right now that is adding document autogeneration to CRM as well as searchable document management. But I do not want to have to recreate the wheel if the IBF for CRM will do a lot of the work. Please advise. Sean I saw an email or post mentioning its very c...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

Requested Purchase Order Feature
1. Ability to move Back Order items (items not received with the current shipment) to a new Purchase Order. 2. For Purchase Order that has partial shipment, there should be an ability to add multiple shipping cost. 3. Ability to set a discount rate with a supplier and have the PO automactically apply the discount. Currently there is no feature where the PO being made will automatically take a discount off the list price for a particular supplier that happens to set up a discount rate for you. And to having us putting in the actual discounted price into the cost box is not efficie...

Hidden Rows
Hi there, Thank you in advance for any help. I have a worksheet with the top 9 rows hidden. I can't seem to get them to unhide. I've checked the help file and tried the suggestion there Edit > Go To > A1 then Format > Row > Unhide but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't see those top 9 rows. Any other suggestions I can try? Thanks, KD Hi KD! Try Data > Filter Remove check from AutoFilter -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au No check by Autofilter, but I tried checking it then unchecking it just...

Distribution Group Only From:
I have a distribution group that contains all of the users for our entire organization and I don't want it accessible from everyone, so I deselected everyone. However we do need the distribution list to receive emails from one specific SMTP address which is external to our organization. I have tried creating a contact with the email address that should have the ability to send to this distribution group and entered it in the Only From:, however they are still receiving a bounce back that they don't have permission to send to that distribution group. Anybody have a solution? ...

A 'Hidden' Hidden Folder
Firstly I apologise for the long story but I feel you may understand more with the whole picture... I have recently built up 5 XP desktops using a multi-cast ghost image so all images are the same, also all desktops are completely identical as they are part of the same batch. I have just recently had to stop setting up the users accounts after logging on as the users for the computers as I've come across something I'm now unable to solve. The first users account was setup on the first computer, and worked exactly as it should. The second and third made me step back...

difficulty with autobalancing feature in 2003
when I perform this it always shows a balance much less than what it should be. Cannot seem to find the source as manual audit looks correct. Any suggestions? ...

Applying Formulae to a worksheet which are hidden
The problem: I have set up a work sheet with formulae in the following row: Cells E5 to Z5 are populated with formulae, (F5, G5, I5, L5, Q5, V5, Y5, Z5 have Conditional Formatting). The formulae, in some cases, are dependent on the preceding cell. I would like to apply all these formulae to all the rows from row 5 and below. Also, I would like all the formulae to be hidden. So that when new data is entered in rows 6 to X, all you see is the data being entered with the formulaes being hidden. Please can you help, I am new to excel so simplicity is key. Many thanks, You state you...

Hidden Column
Hi Can anyone Help I have a spreadsheet, and on my 3rd worksheet, the first column (A) wa hidden, now I want to show that column, but it just isnt appearing. I have tried, Format > Column > unhide as well as Row > Unhide, Ive also tried Edit > Go To > A1 and it still doesnt appear. Any thoughts? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Format > C...

Create new distribution list from To: field in a received email
I received an email today addressed to a large number of people, many of whom are not currently in my Contacts folder. It's a working group that will be communicating with each other as a group, so I'd like to simply copy the names in the To: field from this email I received, and create a new Distribution list from this group of names. But so far I can't figure out how to create a new distribtion list without either manually entering all these names into the list, or manually creating Contact forms for each one. Is there a simpler to do this? ...

hidden a dialog
How to hidden a dialog? ShowWindow (SW_HIDE); ... Amerce wrote: > ShowWindow (SW_HIDE); ... I used this....But the dialog was not hide..... Sanju =C3=D1=D3=E1=CA: > Amerce wrote: > > ShowWindow (SW_HIDE); ... > > I used this....But the dialog was not hide..... use: ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) at OnPaint event c_programming22@yahoo.com wrote: > Sanju =C3=D1=D3=E1=CA: > > Amerce wrote: > > > ShowWindow (SW_HIDE); ... > > > > I used this....But the dialog was not hide..... >=20 > use: > ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) > at O...

Hidden files are hidden
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01CA74E8.9FAC62F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a computer that I installed a second hard drive on that was in = another of my computers. I have XP pro sp3 I run Internet Explorer 6 (I tried 7 and 8 but had = problems with them so reverted back to 6) My main hard disk is C and my second hard disk is D When I installed the 2nd hard disk everything is wonderful, except then = I tried to remove all the Operating stuff which was al...

exporting distribution lists
help! I am unable to export/import my distribution lists along with Contacts. All contacts appear, and the NAME of the distribution list...but not the names WITHIN the distribution list. WHAT am I doing wrong? THANKS Kathryn ...

Compile error in hidden module #5
When I start Excel 2007 a couple of files load at startup (Common Macros.xlsm and Personal.xlsb) both of which contain macros. Everything has been working fine for quite a long time but today I get "Compile error in hidden module: This Workbook". I have unhidden both the files and restarted Excel. Common Macros.xlsm seems to load ok but I get the above message immediately after that, so I assume the problem is in Personal.xlsb. I am unable to tell which module is causing the problem - is there some way of finding out which one? Denis >>is there some way of finding...