Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?) - 2007 user

When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
I get:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.

How can I get help for Word 2007?

Further to the below:  I have this problem exclusively with Word Developer
help.  I can get topics for Word itself to expand with content OK.

"David Powell" wrote:

> When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
> Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
> content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
> This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
> If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
> I get:
> http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
> But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
>
> How can I get help for Word 2007?

In the Visual Basic Help screen that appears, click on the "Connected to
Office Online" item in the bottom border and change to "Show content only
from this computer".  Interestingly, if I then click on the "Offline" that
then appears in the bottom border and then select "Show content from Office
Online", the help from Office Online does then appear,

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"David Powell" <DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Further to the below:  I have this problem exclusively with Word Developer
> help.  I can get topics for Word itself to expand with content OK.
>
> "David Powell" wrote:
>
>> When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
>> Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is
>> no
>> content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
>> This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
>> If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL
>> property,
>> I get:
>> http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
>> But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
>>
>> How can I get help for Word 2007?

0
Doug
5/1/2010 8:11:06 AM
The "front page" of the Word 2007 VBA help is at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb244391.aspx rom which you
can drill down to whatever topic you need. The object model reference
for Office 2007 (that is, the methods and properties that apply to all
Office apps and not just to Word) starts at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa432027%28v=office.12%29.aspx.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:31:01 -0700, David Powell
<DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
>Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
>content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
>This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
>If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
>I get:
>http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
>But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
>
>How can I get help for Word 2007?
0
Jay
5/1/2010 1:06:47 PM
This was helpful, because it showed me how to switch back to offline help
(which is my preference by default, anyway).  Hidden down the bottom of the
panel - and completely out of site, with the way my window was set up - I'd
missed that switch.  Unfortunately, toggling it doesn't restore online help
for me, but at least I have my disk-based content back.  Thanks.

"David Powell" wrote:

> When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
> Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
> content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
> This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
> If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
> I get:
> http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
> But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
>
> How can I get help for Word 2007?

[Apparently replied to my own post by accident.]  Summary: This helped
because it restored offline Help for me - thanks.  However, toggling the
status didn't restore online Help.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> In the Visual Basic Help screen that appears, click on the "Connected to
> Office Online" item in the bottom border and change to "Show content only
> from this computer".  Interestingly, if I then click on the "Offline" that
> then appears in the bottom border and then select "Show content from Office
> Online", the help from Office Online does then appear,
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "David Powell" <DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Further to the below:  I have this problem exclusively with Word Developer
> > help.  I can get topics for Word itself to expand with content OK.
> >
> > "David Powell" wrote:
> >
> >> When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
> >> Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is
> >> no
> >> content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
> >> This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
> >> If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL
> >> property,
> >> I get:
> >> http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
> >> But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
> >>
> >> How can I get help for Word 2007?

Thanks - this is also useful.  Online Help is obviously still 'out there'.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> The "front page" of the Word 2007 VBA help is at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb244391.aspx rom which you
> can drill down to whatever topic you need. The object model reference
> for Office 2007 (that is, the methods and properties that apply to all
> Office apps and not just to Word) starts at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa432027%28v=office.12%29.aspx.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:31:01 -0700, David Powell
> <DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new
> >Office logo for 2010.  The framework for Help is provided, but there is no
> >content under any of the headings.  ("No results available").
> >This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help.
> >If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property,
> >I get:
> >http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12
> >But I'm running Office 2007.  I also have Office 2003 installed.
> >
> >How can I get help for Word 2007?
> .

sumifs help

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

User cannot send outgoing mail.
I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server 2003. When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does not exist". Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this switch. This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find nothing anywhere about this issue. Thanks. Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an external address? "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

How do i stop the End user License Agreement from Popping Up upon.
I am using Microsoft Office Professional 2003, upon entering the program every time it starts up, the End User license agreement opens, requesting 'Accept or Decline, as well as Print'. Is there anyway of stopping this? Log on as the system administrator and accept the EULA. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Excel - Challanged." <Excel - Challanged.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37818182-0BB7-472B-B6B2-FEA5D267AA45@microsoft.com... >I am using Microsoft Office Professiona...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Retrieving lost messages
Recently downloaded Spam Inspector. Had way too many messages in my Inbox in Outlook Express. Last evening, there was a problem, the "error reporting" message came up as the Inspector and Express both froze up. An error report was sent - to an "on-line" crash site (which gave no details as to what happened. When things "unfroze", a majority, though not all, the messages in the Inbox were gone...I can't locate them. Is there any way to try and retrieve those from somewhere in the system, or are they permanently gone? Thanks for any help! This is...

Picture behind cell contents
Is it possible in Excel XP to add a picture that'll appear behind the cell contents? If so, how do I do it? I tried just the regular Insert...Picture, but the picture always seems to appear above the cell contents, even if I use the Send To Back option. I also looked at inserting the file as a pattern in a cell (sorta like you'd do in PowerPoint), but Excel doesn't seem to allow you to do that that I could find. Am I just missing something, or is this just not possible in Excel? (Note, in case there's any confusion, I don't want a transparent portion to the imag...

Lost Critical path
A colleague of mine is working on a rather complex schedule. To date we've been able to find the critical path. Last night he made some changes to it and now the CP has disappeared, utterly gone. I can't imagine why this is since there are a bunch of tasks that are linked so you would think it would show *some* CP even if inaccurate. Can anyone list reasons why the CP would not appear? Time is somewhat of the essence on this one as we are presenting the CP this morning to start a crashing exercise. Thanks Have you added a field called Critical to the table on the left? I...

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...