header/footer different first page

I'm trying to have a header show up on the first page only, and the footer
show page numbers on all pages.  However, the "different first page" option
seems to link the header and footer so that they cannot be dealt with
separately.  Is there any way to do this?

When you enable "Different first page" you are instructing Word to create a
first page header AND a first page footer; this is by design. Just copy the
contents of the main footer into the first page footer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to have a header show up on the first page only, and the footer
> show page numbers on all pages.  However, the "different first page"
> option
> seems to link the header and footer so that they cannot be dealt with
> separately.  Is there any way to do this?

0
Stefan

Header of ListView
Hi, I have a Listview control with some items within. This ListView has 3 column A,B and C. A item's are left-aligned. B and C ones are right-aligned. this, only for items... but for header i would like to have a different alignment than their respective items. for example : A, B and C header will be left-aligned so graphically it should be like that : A | B | C | -------------------------------------- Item A1 Item B1 Item C1 Item A2 Item B2 Item C2 .... So how an i do it ? Because when i modify HDITEM structure it's for the full c...

How to print multiple records on a single page in publisher
I am trying to pring my wholesale catalog in Publisher catalog merge, using an Excel spreadsheet as a data source, along with picture files, properly referenced on the spreadsheet. I have set up a catalog page template with three repetitions per page, but only one record prints our per page instead of three. Do I need just a single image template ?? -- Tom C ...

.pst to different locations
How do I get outlook to save e-mail to a non-defualt location. I tried to follow microsofts instuctions but when get to the part that says go to control panel and open mail in XP home, there is no "mail" under user accounts. Thanks Move the pst-file when Outlook is closed. When you now open Outlook it will prompt you for the new location -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

HELP!! Header thats not a header
Hello All, I have a spreadsheet that when printed is 7 pages. I put a header that is from cells 1 to 6 and have set it in the page setup in the section sheets-print title - rows to repeat at top cells 1-6. This works perfect, every sheet when printed displays these rows at the top of the page. The problem is I don`t want this to print on the top of page 7. How can I make it so pages 1-6 the rows repeat on top and page 7 it doesn`t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin M You have to print in 2 batches, first the 1-6 pages, then remove this and print the 7th page...

Can I get data from two or more different files?
I have several files with the same format. For example, I have different project which is saved in different files. Each have columes named "Problem" & "Solution". All files are put in the same folder and will be create some more when new project is initial. How can I get all "Problem" & "Solution" from all files to make a report? Ron de Bruin has tons of sample code at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm Hovey wrote: > > I have several files with the same format. > For example, I have different project which is saved in differe...

Fire content code from master page
Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code that resides in the content page code-behind? For example, I have an aspx page and a aspx.vb page and would like to run code in the aspx.vb page from the master page when clicking on a MenuItem in a menu control. Thanks. -- David On Feb 8, 5:28=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code tha= t > resides in the content page code-behind? =A0For example, I have an aspx p= age > and a aspx.vb page and would like to run cod...

Header
I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the lettered columns are. I need it to be centered across 4 columns. Thanks for the help Example 1. Put the word TITLE in cell 1. 2. Highlight cells A 1 to D 1 inclusive (your 4 columns). 3. On the Home tab in the Alignment group click on the Merge and Center button. The word TITLE will now be centred acros the said 4 columns. If my comment have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Belin" wrote: > I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?
.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually. Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul change at the same time Pau -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39467 Frank, I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the same...

FRx show credit / debit split for different departm'ts contained in an acc code.
When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, is it possible to only show the sum of all credit/debit balances from a range based on a specific natural account segment which represent several departments? What I'm getting at is that in my report I would to see a credits and debits split for a particular account code. I am using GP 7.5 and FRx 6.7 I don't believe there is any way for FRx to differentiate between debits and credits for a particular account. It can only show the total net change or the balance of the ac...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

Posting Excel Spreadsheet on a web page.
I need to put an spreadsheet on a web page and allow users to save th entered data directly to the online sheet for others to access. Ho would I do this? Garlin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Header is covered up
I imported a word document into Pub 2003. I let Publisher create the textboxes. This is a large patient handbook that we want to put into Publisher. Lots of the textboxes cover up the Header and some do not. Does this mean I will have to resize every textbox or is there another way? Is the header from Word too? Publisher does not support headers. If you are importing from Word you have no control on how Publisher places the text. If you copy/paste you can set your margin to below the Header. You will have to design the header in Publisher manually. Create your first text box, pas...

How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in.
How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in another cell? There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Shannon wrote: > How do I validate data using different lists based on the data in another cell? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

2 different recipient update policies
Hello, If i have 2 different RUS policies. Which will be a users default reply address? The lowest prioirty because it is applied last, or the highest priority because it is more important? Thanks The highest priority Recipient Policy that does not exclude the recipient is applied. Good reference: How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <aaronw@firstmac.com.au> wrote in message ...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles #2
-- Julia ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

PO will not close
I have a PO that I cannot close. It appears that in the POP10300 table the receipt transaction header is corrupted. Several of the columns are empty, but the line detail is there in the POP10310 table. I think because the line detail is there the GP will not allow me to close or cancel the PO. I have run checklinks against it as well as the purchasing reconcile and it doesn't seem to clean up. Any suggestions? JR, But, have you posted the receipt? If not, why don't you remove the receipt, re-enter, and post? After doing this, you should be able to close the PO. Best regar...

Different search results for users
When users use the advanced find, they get different results based on the same search criteria. Other then their un/pw, their accounts are identical (ie they use the same team and roles). Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks. Hey EvilGuyWhoEatsBrains, <-- funny screen name! You mention they are part of the same team, but are they in the same BusinessUnit? I have found in our organization, people use those terms interchangebly, when really BusinessUnits and Teams are different. Otherwise, if they are in the same BusinessUnit and belong to the same teams and have identicle ro...

Filtering on Header content
Hello, I'm interested in knowing if Outlook Express & Outlook 2002 can filter received messages based upon "Header content". Example: X-Is-Spam-Level:***** I was able to setup the rule with Outlook 2002, although it hasn't worked for me(does it only work for specific modes). I haven't been able to determine where to add the filter rules for the "Header content" with Outlook Express. With Eudora only the "Sponsored or Paid" mode offer the ability to filter received messages based upon content of message "Header information". Thanks ev...

Creation of web page(s)
Hi Each month I create a local printed magazine. With publisher 2000 there were not problems. Each printed page was created as an appropriate web page. I have upgraded publisher (nothing else) to version 2002. Now the pages print (from text) contain lots of images of words or sometimes the whole page is an image, bad for download times. What am i doing wrong, or point me at the appropriate resource. Thanks Webfoot k dot williamson at freeuk dot com ...

My report header shows in design view but not print preview
I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. While the report header shows up in the design view; it doesn't show in the print preview mode. Any suggestions? -- Thanks, Karen "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:991881A0-921F-47A7-B1B2-6B180111081B@microsoft.com... >I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some > information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. > > While the report header shows up i...

SQL Server Database Setup
-- My Form Solicits The Following: Type of Pet: (radio button selection) First Name (text) Last Name (text) Street Address (text/numeric) City (text) State (text) Zip Code: (numeric) Email: (text) Phone: (numeric) Name of Pet (Text) Age (numeric) Weight (numeric) Breed (text) Color (text) Gender (radio button selection) Spayed (radio button selection) Rabies Vacine (radio button selection) Pet Information (text box) Photo (upload) OptIn (Checkbox Yes/No) The SQL table CREATION TOOL at my host has the following columns KEY - Column - Type - Length - Prec. - Scale - N...