Has anyone seen my FIND dialog box (Word 2007)?

My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
(press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the
FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and
it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
applicaitons.

Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box
back?

Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you
could start typing something and see if it appears.

Does this also happen with Ctrl-H (Find and Replace) and Ctrl-G
(GoTo)?

On Jan 20, 11:41=A0am, Dar1837 <Dar1...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
> (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), =
the
> FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows a=
nd
> it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all othe=
> applicaitons.
>
> Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog i=
> minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog=
 box
> back?

0
Peter
1/20/2010 6:26:10 PM
It's unlikely that this has happened accidentally, but one way would be to
have a macro called "EditFind".

Perhaps you have an AddIn that is causing the problem. Does it still go
wrong if you start Word in Safe Mode (press and hold Ctrl while starting
Word)?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"Dar1837" <Dar1837@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
> (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar),
> the
> FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows
> and
> it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
> applicaitons.
>
> Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
> minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog
> box
> back?

0
Tony
1/20/2010 7:03:06 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, after Ctrl-F or G or H, I can in fact type
an entry without actually seeing the Find box. And when I press return, Word
does in fact find the entry I typed. That, and the fact that Find shows up in
Task Manager tells me the box is active, but hiding someplace.

So I put my display in Extended mode (monitor + notebook) and discovered the
Find box was moved off the edge of the visible display area ..... arrrrrg.

Thanks for your help.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

> Well, when you open the Find panel your cursor is in the box, so you
> could start typing something and see if it appears.
>
> Does this also happen with Ctrl-H (Find and Replace) and Ctrl-G
> (GoTo)?
>
> On Jan 20, 11:41 am, Dar1837 <Dar1...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > My FIND dialog box in Word has disappear. When I invoke the FIND command
> > (press Ctrl-F or select Find from the the Edit box, or from my toolbar), the
> > FIND box does not appear anywhere on my screen. I've closed all windows and
> > it doesn't seem to be hiding behind anything. FIND is working in all other
> > applicaitons.
> >
> > Wondering if I've somehow disabled FIND functionality, or if the dialog is
> > minimized somewhere that I can't see. Any ideas how to get my FIND dialog box
> > back?
>
> .

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

Finding duplicates in column
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and have 6000 emails addresses in a column. How can I find if there are any duplicates in that column? Thanks rock Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,$A1)>1,"Duplicate","") Cpy that down, then you can filter column B for Duplicate Sorry to be so newby Bob, but when you say 'copy' down, what exactly do you mean? I have entered the formula in B1 but.. Thanks rock Bob Phillips wrote: > Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of > > =IF(COUNTI...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...

Z order in Visual Studio Dialog Editor
I have a dialog with a large Tab Control. On Top of that tab control are a few other bits and pieces. I keep ending up with the Tab Control on top of the other things, so I can't see them when modifying the layout of the dialog. I have a 'send to back' and 'bring to front' button on the Layout toolbar, but it isn't active when I have my Tab Control selected. I can't find another 'send to back' option. The option must be here somewhere - help?!? "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468d1731$0$26278$c3e8da3@news...

drop down boxes #14
Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop down box? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If you made the drop down box using validation then you should be able to change the colors just like any other cell. If you used a combo box from the control toolbar, then you've got to right click and go to properties. Art "stumakker" wrote: > Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop > down box? > > Any help would be much appreciated > > Thanks Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Project server 2007 Timesheet creation
Hi, We are using project server 2007. When create a new timehseet, we are facing the following issues. 1. Sometimes the timesheet will be created with all the data filled with the planned hours against the standard row. 1. If we try to add the a new line to the timesheet using Add Lines, it will be added without project name and tasks. Please help me to resolve the issues. Thanks, arun Are you getting add-lines dialog box when you try to add...if your able to see then you shoud select the project task and say ok.hope this helps "Arun" wrote: > Hi, ...

Rounded Corners in Excel 2007 Not Working?!?!
Hi, I can't get rounded corners to work in Excel 2007: I make a chart I right click on Char Area I Select Format Chart Area A Dialogue Box Pops Up with the following Selections: - Fill - Border Color - Border Styles - Shadow - 3-D Format I select fill and fill the chart area with a color .. say blue I right click on chart area again and this time select Border Styles and the following options are available: - Width - Compound Type - Cap Type (drop down menu) - Join Type (drop down menu) - Arrow Settings I click Cap Type and a drop down menu appears with the following options: - Squa...

Find Replace with Macro
Can anyone tell me how to construct a macro that will seacrh the entire contents of column C, find the contacts of cell A1 and replace it with B1, then do the same finding A2 and replacing it with B2 in column C, then A3 with B3 in column C etc etc. I can not get this to work. Sub Test() Dim r1 as Range Dim r2 as Range For Each r1 in Range("A1:A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row For Each r2 in Range("C1:C" & Range("C65536").End(xlUp).Row If r1.Value = r2.Value Then r2.Value = Range("B" & r1.Row).Value Next Next End Sub -...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Message box when DOB meets certain criteria
Hi all, I am a relative novice to the ways of Access, I am currently setting up a database in Access 2003. I have a form field (DOB) that if the date of birth entered makes the person between 2 and 16 years old I would like a message box to appear notifying the user (and be able to turn it off). Similarly if an existing record is opened and a child has it's second birthday I would also like the message to appear.. .I have posted a similar request and have got thus far: Private Sub DOB_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DateAdd("yyyy", 2, [DOB]) > Date Or Date...

Outlook 2007 "profile"
Frustrating. When I open Outlook 2007, the program displays a "Choose Profile" screen (with only one option, called Outlook). This is rather new, and I don't know what I did to cause this. I simply want Outlook to open normally without this Profile screen. Any thoughts or comments? By the way, I did check the block that says to make this profile the default -- that didn't help. Thanks. EW Open the mail applet in the control panel. Select show profiles button. Your after the settings at the bottom of the dialog. "Lone Star" <ewyatt_del_me-@excit...

Clearing "Find" History in OL 2002
I have used the "find" option to locate emails and now wish to clear them out and start fresh. There have gotten to be too many in my drop down list. How do I do this? ...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

Where can I find a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Sorry to post this here, but when I search the news.eternal-september.org for '7' (no quotes) I don't find anything. Nor when I search for "windows" TIA LAS alt.windows7.general Make sure you signed up with Eternal September correctly, or you will only see a small percentage of the available newsgroups. Also, right click on the newsgroup list and Reset it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "LAS" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i3fttq$7vd$1@news.eternal-september.org....

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 wierdness
I created a new mail store on the same server to try and mitigate the increasing size of my current mail store. After doing so, I moved several mailboxes from the old to the new. A few of the mailboxes I moved, including my own, are using Outlook 2007. The mailboxes using Outlook 2007 are still showing a mailbox in the old store with zero items and varying sizes (none over a MB). None of the mailboxes with users using Outlook 2003 exhibit this behavior. Any clues? ...