go to page question

How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to
page first or page last?
0
richard

Press Ctrl+G.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message
> How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to
> page first or page last?

0
Herb
12/17/2009 11:12:45 PM
On 12/17/2009 6:12 PM, Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
> Press Ctrl+G.

Thank you. But I wonder why I could not find this out on Word's Help. I
tried "move" and "navigate" but got nowhere.

richard
0
richard
12/18/2009 12:18:16 AM
Or F5!

--
Cheers
macropod

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" <herb@1x2y3z.xnw> wrote in message news:uoqdz52fKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Press Ctrl+G.
>
> --
>
> Herb Tyson MS MVP
> Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
>

> "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message
>> How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to
>> page first or page last?

0
macropod
12/18/2009 1:26:38 AM
Ctrl+Home will take you to the beginning of the document, Ctrl+End to the
end. These and other keyboard shortcuts are in Word's Help under "Keyboard
shortcuts."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message
> How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to
> page first or page last?

0
Suzanne
12/18/2009 1:38:49 AM
(To go to the last three places you were typing.)

Or click the page number in the status bar.

On Dec 17, 8:26=A0pm, "macropod" <macro...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Or F5!
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>
> "Herb Tyson [MVP]" <h...@1x2y3z.xnw> wrote in messagenews:uoqdz52fKHA.216=
0@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> > Press Ctrl+G.
>
> > --
>
> > Herb Tyson MS MVP
> > Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> > Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> > Web:http://www.herbtyson.com
>
> > "richard" <r...@wonderland.net> wrote in message
> >> How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or t=
> >> page first or page last?-
0
Peter
12/18/2009 4:06:32 AM
That would be Shift+F5. F5 just invokes GoTo.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

On Dec 17, 8:26 pm, "macropod" <macro...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Or F5!
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>
> "Herb Tyson [MVP]" <h...@1x2y3z.xnw> wrote in
> messagenews:uoqdz52fKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>

> > Press Ctrl+G.
>
> > --
>
> > Herb Tyson MS MVP
> > Author of the Word 2007 Bible
> > Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
> > Web:http://www.herbtyson.com
>
> > "richard" <r...@wonderland.net> wrote in message
> >> How do I move around in a document--namely, how do I go to page x or to
> >> page first or page last?-

0
Suzanne

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Question for non English OS users?
Folks I use CSIDLs extensively to get system folders. That is C;\Windows is *NOT* hard coded anywhere. <smile> However what about Microsoft Shared in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\? Is it really "Microsoft Shared" in non English OSs? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see ah appropriate CSIDL anywhere. Presumably http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762494(VS.85).aspx is the office source. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Acce...

printing out blank pages
I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. Thank you, -- judy Which color is the text? Maybe you have run out of ink for that particular color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jkg" <jkg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355376DE-9CCC-40D7-963E-C5F152D29B4D@microsoft.com... >I just installed office word 97, when I print review everything looks good. > When I print I get blank pages. Other programs are printing fine. > Tha...

likely an easy question?
How can I create, in Outlook, a new group in the address book in order to send an email to ten people and place in the BCC so that they can not see each other as recipients? In other words, I would like to send the mail to these people but they do not see the others in the group. They would only see the name "Football Fans", for example. Thanks in Advance! Alan Create a group called Football Fans and put only your address in it. Create another group called Football Fans Bcc and put the addresses in it. Then send the message with Football FAns in the to field and Football Fans Bcc ...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Page Numbers #6
I would like to know if there is a way to print double side sheets and only have numbering on one side of the page that counts the sheets and not printed pages. (If I have a total of 30 pages, but I print double sided so I will only have 15 sheets of paper). So the first page whould say 1 of 15 and not 1 of 30. ...

Outlook 2003 setup question
I was hoping someone could help me set up my outlook to keep my three email addresses seprate. I have three emails going to one inbox and instead of looking at each one then moving them to folders I would like them to be sent to seprate inboxes. If you can help please inform my semi-computer literate self! Thanks in advance You cannot; You can create folders then define rules to move specific msgs to the specific folder on receipt "djcaezer" <djcaezer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:321FDE12-5B6C-4E5F-A514-8EB78CBE81B4@microsoft.com... >...

turn rows to repeat feature off for 1 page
I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do this? This setting is specific for each worksheet. You shouldn't need to "discontinue it" to print other sheets. On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:10:05 -0700, "soopr_teach" <soopr_teach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a worksheet that is 9 pages long. At the end of the spreadhsheet, I >want to discontinue the rows to repeat feature. Does anyone know how to do >this? ...

Twice Monthly Deposit Question
I get paid twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of the month. However, if either of those dates falls on a weekend or holiday, we're paid the first workday before that date. How do I set this up in Money 2004? Thanks! Set it up for a 31st and tell it twice a month. Money will then get the 15th/last day part right. The weekends and holidays have to be adjusted by hand. There is no better way. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185001c47c1c$6d8d93e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get paid twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of > the month. Ho...

Restrict method question on email. What am I doing wrong?
I'm not getting a subroutine to return the correct counts based on using the Restrict method. Is it because I am passing the wrong date format? If I pass a comparison: Received >= Date1 And < Date2, I get all recs greater/equal date1. If I only want records for Date1, I get 0 records. Received = Date1 If I want all records >=1 date, I get correct count. Received >= Date1 Below I show the call to the subroutine and by routine. Any clue what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any advice. RestrictItems _ "00000000F01460E0716E454B8398DD735E95C4CA8280000...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Report Generating Question
How do I generate a report to show the value (cost) of all items on hand, for a specific date range? Thanks Search the group. There has been a lot of discussion about this in the last month or two. Craig "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E01E7FCA-9E9E-4D46-9931-00FB179D7D15@microsoft.com... > How do I generate a report to show the value (cost) of all items on hand, > for > a specific date range? > > Thanks HI chris, here is item movememnt report modified make your existing backup of item movement report and past the belo...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Basic question: Grids or no grids
How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all I suppose you mean gridlines ? Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" under Window options > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "rs" <r_schiller@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message news:ldedneU5D-IhaVjenZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@comcast.com... > How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each > cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all > ...

How do I access page 2 on my newsletter? Page 1 completed
Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I chose. SuzyBB wrote: > Using publisher for the first time. I completed page 1 but can't > figure out how to get to page 2 of the 4 page newsletter form that I > chose. =============================== There should be tabs at the bottom of your project that allow you to select the page. If you are using Publisher 2003 or earlier... go to...View / Status Bar. If you are using Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the ...

Quick question on restoring Ex Svr 5.5
I have a lab Ex Svr 5.5 up and running and just want to test my backup tapes. The server is named the same as the production server and all services are working. Q296229 (and other documentation) says simply "restore the server from backup using your backup software) but really doesn't explain all the options. I use NTBackup and do online backups. When I go to restore should I check the box that says "erase all existing data"? I'm not sure whether or not to check this box. TIA -- Tim if you are on a DIFFERENT recovery server and at this point you are running a ...

I did do an update today form Microsofts update page
If I can remember correctly, it was 2 new items that came out today for the OS. Could that have casued this. But it worked Ok afterwards. Nothing else installed in the last week. ...

"Confidential" in middle of page
I have seen excel spreadsheets where "page 1" or "confidential" is written across the center of the page, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It looks almost like a watermark. this link shows how http://tinyurl.com/yvlly mark wielgus www.AutomateExcel.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Page 1 is when the sheet is in page break view the confidential is done using wordart, if you set the transparency to more than 50% and use some grey colour it will look like a watermark albeit being above the text.. If you do a google search for watermark ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Page Breaks
Can someone tell me how I can get the page breaks to stay checked. Is there a registry setting or group policy setting? I have searched but missed it somewhere. I like them to be on all the time. Thanks Bruce Be careful what you ask for you may just get it. Page breaks are turned on in Print Preview, or in tools, Options, view, page breaks. They can slow down Excel, particularly in macros. Inserting rows is slow (#insert) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm#insert In a macro to turn off use ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False to turn on use ActiveSh...

Skip header on first page?
I have a multi page printout of a worksheet where I do not want the header to print on the first page. I know that in WORD there is a way to specify non-printing of headers and footers on the first page since it may be a title page or cover sheet. Is it possible to do the same in Excel? Hi Fred With code you can do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fred615" <Fred615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8FF30A8-5124-43E3-AE76-E2987D83A261@microsoft.com... >I have a multi page printout...

Format and CString question
Hello group, Why this code raises an exception error?! CString s1; s0.Format(_T("The ID = %l"), theApp.m_arArray[theApp.m_gIndex].lKeyID); AfxMessageBox(s0); Thanks in advance, JSmith please consider s0 ans s1 same. "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ODgdSrVrEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello group, > > Why this code raises an exception error?! > > CString s1; > s0.Format(_T("The ID = %l"), theApp.m_arArray[theApp.m_gIndex].lKeyID); > AfxMessageBox(s0); > > Thanks in advance, > JSmith > >...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

combine different half-page sheets onto one
i've been trying to avoid wasting a crapload of paper. basically, i have 25 different half sheet postcards...and for now all i need is one of each. i don't know how to print page 1 and 2 onto one page and make it print correctly. any ideas? I'm assuming they are all in the same file, i.e., 25 pages. You could experiment with the booklet settings utilizing the printer tablet option. Another way, a bit ugly; Print the first 12 - 13, rotate the paper 180� and before printing the remaining 12 - 13 rotate the cards and then run the paper through the printer again. Don Vancouv...

how can I replace my home page with another
After I save my web site to the E or F drive I get the home page just fine. But when I click on one of the categories linking to another page on the web site I get the following error message: ________________________________________ Server error: there is no page with URL ‘america_spa_chart_NEW.htm’ in this web _________________________________________ how can I copy the entire website to the flash drive and then be able to open it later to edit? -- gerie Publish the site. Open the original site in FrontPage (File->Open Site or File->Open Web) File->Publish ...